**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• jk3206jk3206 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: jk3206
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both on cellular and WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Version 27.1.0
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: On June 5, during Alliance War, I experienced a crash when I was going in to fight Black Widow Clairevoyant on node 21 (Fisticuffs & All or Nothing node) using my Vision (Classic). Every time the opponent (Black Widow) dashed towards me for a medium attack, the game quit abruptly, and I gave up 2 deaths as a result. This issue has already been raised here:(https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1243174#Comment_1243174)
  • Kidd_lucky1Kidd_lucky1 Posts: 29
    Well yesterday I was in the M.O.D.O.K labs and I slept I woke up and that lab had ended with my ticket all gone to waste. So I told myself it’s my fault

Today i was i the lab fighting spider monkey i got a phone call and the game ended I logged in to see that It has automatically exited the lab but the lab has 21 hours more to run.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    Game name: gash slayer
    Iphone xs max
    4g/nbn
    Ios 13.4.1

Went into alliance war hit fight vs carnage with nick fury, my champs disapeared on right side of the screen no timer running and it just stayed like i had gone into the fight i waited a min or so then went back to mcoc homescreen and went back to aw and 50% fury is gone and a death added to the tally. Thx kabam good to see the game working correctly
  • Wulfgar79Wulfgar79 Posts: 27
    Name: Wulfgar79
    iPhone 7
    iOS 13.4.1

Regular crashing fighting random champs. Happens about every 10 fights. Phone is also overheating.

This needs to get resolved ASAP.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Since the server crash yesterday- every other fight or so in either monthly quest or in modok store quest hard crashes and reboots my iPhone. Literally.

Had to quit out a final event quest run because of it- every single havok fight reboot the phone.

What’s going on guys?
  • BasNLBasNL Posts: 52
    BasNL said:

BasNL said:

And now, on top of the laggy and unresponsive inputs, the screen turns black. Especially during specials (both from me as the opponent). Sometimes for a mini stutter (which occurs a couple of times and my iPad turns warmer) resulting in a black out of a few seconds. The game goes on. The only “solution” is to turn my iPad in standby, turn it back on and resume the game. Meanwhile my champion lost at least a third of its health.

Somehow you managed to make it worse. It happens more often. And I can’t pause the game by putting my iPad on standby anymore. In the end the game shuts down and I loose champ, have to fight the same champ again or loose half of my health in AQ.

https://youtu.be/qWEjFrsU3Ko
    I had hoped, after the scheduled maintenance, the problem would have been solved. The very first fight I try on my iPad the game shuts down again.
  • MiraculousMiraculous Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: Miracles
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4.7
    Cellular or WiFi: Wireless
    Game Version Installed: 1025836 Latest verison
    Game Mode: Everything
    Description of the Issue: when i try to fight game is crashing in an hour 4-5 times. I can’t fight in AW because i’m scaring. In everymode...
  • CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
    CaptBirdseye
    iPad Air 2
    Current up to date IOS
    WiFi
    Up to date version of game
    All game modes.
    Game lags then crashes, restarts game and I end up with 50% health and defending character restarts with 100%.
    Cost me over 120 units today doing event stuff with all the needless health cuts to my fighters.
  • CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102

CaptBirdseye
    AQ ruined now too!

• CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    In-Game Name: Keyser_Söze
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 13.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 27.1.0
    Game Mode: All modes, but most noticeable in AQ
    Description of the Issue: Game just suddenly crashes while in mid fight with no warning. Latest example: I just had it crash on me 3 separate times within 5 minutes. Once while moving in AQ, rebooted, got halfway through a fight in AQ, and it crashed, rebooted, did fight, moved forward, completed fight, moved forward, crashed just as I was about to beat AQ Rogue. Running map 5. It isn’t a regular occurrence; but once or twice a week I go through these phases where it’s virtually unplayable because of continuous crashes and I give up until the next day. Kinda crappy it’s happening on the last day of AQ though.
  • bretskybretsky Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: bretsky
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (Spectrum)
    Game Version Installed: 27.1.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: Experiencing lag for two days with all champions. Tapping/swiping screen either doesn’t respond consistently or responds seconds after it should.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    The frame drops and inconsistent game speed are now giving so random attacks but the defense are at the level that losing the attacker is likely to happen. I thought that maintenance are done to improve on servers and balancing the load etc in this game it’s more likely to add new issues to the rest of them, Lag, frame drops, inconsistent speed, various display bugs and of course the disconnects.
  • DeepInTheHoleDeepInTheHole Posts: 13
    edited June 2020
    jomico
    iPad Pro
    iOS 13.5.1
    Wifi
    Noticed in all modes of gameplay
    I have noticed significant issues with defensive moves. The characters definitely have not been responding well lately. There are times when I will try to block, dex, or parry and my character will not respond. To provide one example: I was fighting in story 5.3.5 I was using 5* Blade against Dormammu. He would come at me from distance and I would hold the screen to block (I had plenty of time) but Blade just stood there and got hit. I would try to dex out of the way but Blade was very unresponsive. Now it doesn’t happening every time I try to block or dex or parry but it has been happening enough to question and fill this out. I have been playing long enough to notice that something is not right. I don’t think it’s my device. I’ve restarted it, I’ve deleted and reinstalled the game, and I don’t notice issues with the movement or touch on other apps. I’ve noticed this issue most over the last couple of updates - black widow/red guardian and hit monkey/tiara. Hopefully I’m not the only one who’s had issues and I hope they can be fixed.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    AZTEC
    iPhone7
    iOS 13.5.1
    Cellular and Wifi
    Since yesterday and after updating to the new version, it crashes a couple of times in the arena and quest. no warning no lag. suddenly the game closed.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    iPhone 7 data plan Vodafone
    iOS 13.4.1
    Today’s game update
    After 5 hit combo I can no longer reliably swipe back, it often just leaves me standing there. also even when I do successfully swipe back from a combo. if defender like iron man or cyclops launch a beam attack, then I can’t block before my run back finishes
    Plus I’m getting regular frame drops, and vision arkus s2 just loses the plot
  • Levram17Levram17 Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,

Just noticed that the older version appeared now although I’ve downloaded new version yesterday and the newer version was still up 30-45 minutes ago.
  • DwightrowleyDwightrowley Posts: 21

iPhone7
    iOS 13.5.1
    Cellular and Wifi
    Phone gets hot. Lags. Shuts down. Can’t even get through 2 matches. Sent multiple in multiple reports. This is getting to be a unit suck trying to get through wars and quests from the repeated shutdowns. Been happening since 27.1.0
  • Dnegrin6969Dnegrin6969 Posts: 253 ★★
    Recently my phone has been doing this thing when I’m playing the game whereIt starts to make a crackling noise and then the game starts lagging and slowing down. The connection is fine but I either have to restart the game or it kicks me out. I’m on iPhonee 7
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    iPhone 7
    iOS 13.5.1

The past few fights against Doom in AQ phone has been lagging and freezing up. Noticed today as well the phone was getting warm when playing the game.

Thank you.
  • Saint9Saint9 Posts: 20

• IGN - Doctor Dòóm
    Device - iPhone 7
    OS - iOS 13.5.1
    Connection - WiFi
    Game version - 27.2.0
    Game mode - Alliance quest, Event quest, Back issues, Main menu.

Description - Game has crashed immediately in above game modes without warning quite often. Has also happened sitting on main menu. Nothing notable on champs used, seems indiscriminate.
  • sondzonsondzon Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: •Indominus•
    Device and Model: Iphone 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both WiFi and Cellular (provider: Telenor)
    Game Version Installed: Latest version
    Description of the Issue: Can’t run the game at all. After Marvel logo shows, the game crashes. I tried to uninstall and install it again and to reset my phone, but it didn’t help.
  • Dean929rrDean929rr Posts: 14
    Game is crashing right now on iOS
    Device - iphone 11 and iPad (7th Gen)
    OS - iOS 13.5.1
    Connection - ALL
    Game mode - ALL - won't even open
    Game version - 27.2.0
  • VenkatrvVenkatrv Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: •Venkatrv•
    Device and Model: IPhone 7 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: Both WiFi and Cellular
    Description of the Issue: Can’t run the game at all. After Marvel logo shows, the game crashes. I tried to uninstall and install it again and to reset my phone, but it didn’t help.
  • Weav425Weav425 Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Weav425
    iPhone X
    Everything up to date

Try to open the game, Marvel logo shows then app closes. Currently on cellular data.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited July 2020
    In-Game Name: ctp1223
    Device and Model: iPhone XS
    Device Operating System: 14.0 (18A5319i)
    Description of the Issue: Can’t run the game at all. After Marvel logo shows, the game crashes. I tried to uninstall and install it again. Game was working fine for me less than 8 hours ago. Made no changes to my game.

Edit 1: The only things i have been tinkering with is the new features involving shortcuts in the new IOS update, however I see Older versions are having issues also, so I don’t think it is relevant.

Edit 2: tried opening again, and got past the Marvel Loading screen to the second loading screen to crash again. Did not perform any changes. Also checked another app like Spotify, crashed also. Seems to be an Apple issue.
  • TheLodicoTheLodico Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: TheLodico
    Device and Model: IPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: Latest
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 366 ★★★
    IGName: Trublu
    iPhone 11
    4g, Wifi

Open game, game crashes and closes immediately.
    Whole alliance reporting same issue