**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does Silver Surfer get Incinerated by Human Torch

Blayzen79Blayzen79 Posts: 26
edited June 2020 in General Discussion

Yet when i face Human Torch as Map 5 mini the incinerates build and i get toasted and know it isnt nova flames it is just the standard incinerate debuff.

Comments

• ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    To follow up on what he posted, “-100%” is not the same as multiplying by zero. If a node or ability adds to their potency, you’re back above 0 and taking damage.
  • Blayzen79Blayzen79 Posts: 26
    TyEdge said:

To follow up on what he posted, “-100%” is not the same as multiplying by zero. If a node or ability adds to their potency, you’re back above 0 and taking damage.

Yeah that's what I thought but it just keeps killing S S I don't get it
  • Steel_22Steel_22 Posts: 38
    If torch has 0 smoulders, one incinerate will deal 112% damage, two incinerates would deal 124% damage etc. Surfer reduces this by 100%, so if you have one incinerate you'll be taking 12% of the total 112%, and with two incinerates you'll be taking 24% instead of 124%. As torch quickly builds smoulders, his incinerates are gonna keep doing more and more damage, multiplying the damage by 400, 500, 600% etc. Since surfer only takes 100% away, he's still gonna get melted pretty quickly
  • Blayzen79Blayzen79 Posts: 26
    Steel_22 said:

If torch has 0 smoulders, one incinerate will deal 112% damage, two incinerates would deal 124% damage etc. Surfer reduces this by 100%, so if you have one incinerate you'll be taking 12% of the total 112%, and with two incinerates you'll be taking 24% instead of 124%. As torch quickly builds smoulders, his incinerates are gonna keep doing more and more damage, multiplying the damage by 400, 500, 600% etc. Since surfer only takes 100% away, he's still gonna get melted pretty quickly

Thank you this is a great explanation