**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I've waited for this for so long... and I'm dissapointed

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
As a F2P, it is not easy to to farm units. Last time the Vision offer popped up, I told myself: "you should get it". So I started saving. I only succumbed to temptation once (1,500 units poorer and a 5* Drax richer - I died a little), but never again. I saved and I saved, because I knew I needed to get 3k units for one Vision, and a second 3k for a dupe.

I was thinking to get the 5* tech awakening gem a few months ago and saving me some units, but I contemplated if Vision was worth it (I settled for a mutant because I pulled Namor some days before). But I was confident the offer would be exactly the same and if I worked hard enough, I could buy the 2nd Vision.

With July 4th approaching, I started to feel it: the offer is near. I saved 5.7k units and I even debated to lose my F2P virginity and buy units if the offer popped up. Today it happened. I didn't care about the 6* that first popped up - I knew I was never able to get that much units - so I went to the in-game mail and open it. There it was, the 5* Vision. Sadly no 4* nor 3* - I might not be able to get my collection complete - but 5* was the main price anyway. To my surprise, it is even half the price, so I didn't need to buy units. All my worries evaporated.

I checked the mail, I scrolled up and down, but unlike the 6* offer, there is no 2nd Vision. I realised it: I got Kabamed. I trusted Kabam to give the same offer as last year, but instead I'll probably need to wait for another year - or get miraculously a 5* tech awakening gem. I'm very disappointed. Kabam knows OG Vision is only half as good without his sig. It is the reason why they did a double offer last year, and this year with 6*. Yet, they denied it for the 5*.

For Uncollected players like me, OG Vision still holds some value, but I'm no Seatin or Lagacy which seems to have a tech awakening gems lying there. I've only had three so far, and the mutant one was the only one I could control. Important lesson learned: Kabam can change offers, even the recurrent ones, as much as they pleases.

It doesn't matter to me. I feel robbed.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    F
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

You got Kabamed because you didn’t read? Sounds like that’s on you, not kabam

I got Kabamed as I counted on Kabam to give the same double offer as last time - as they did with the 6* in the current offer.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    HulkBuster is way better than vision, better damage and same power drain ability on sp2

F

I screamed the full F-word but I don't want my thread closed for profanity.
    Rotelly said:

HulkBuster is way better than vision, better damage and same power drain ability on sp2

I don't have him as a 5*, and Hulkbuster doesn't have useful synergies with my R3 Vision Aarkus, maxed 4* CAIW and maxed 4* Void.
    I fully agree with Prof Hoff. Disappointing offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7cLAdOL51g
  • RyanGolfRyanGolf Posts: 59
    it kind of defies logic to not offer the dupe for the same price. I probably would have gotten him too if the dupe was available

you mean 5* R3 dont you, just realized that LOL.

Yes duped 5* R3 Vision Aarkus, sorry about the confusion. I also have maxed 4* Warlock and 5* R1 Warlock, so synergy-wise I have all I need. But I'm still gutted I can't unlock his full power. I know with Void & Aarkus, he is worth the rank-up. But now I'm doubting because I don't have access to his sig.