**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulkbuster-Buff -Defender in Variant 4

Moss_the_BossMoss_the_Boss Posts: 37
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
I appreciate the Hulkbuster-Buff a lot...but he is now giving shock debuffs as a defender. in variant 4 3.2 there is a hulkbuster on biohazard...there are no counters for that combination of nodes and champ and he is always healing after reaching under 20% health. i need help here...and i dont think that this is the intended way

EDIT: He's also stunimmun...so parrying his healing off? no Option.

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Which one is variant 3 again?

Ghost, quake jump out based on your description. Nebula is a counter to all 3 technically as well.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    As the guy said above, ghost is a great counter.
  • Moss_the_BossMoss_the_Boss Posts: 37
    Midnite93 said:

Scarlet witch as 1 star

biohazard kills her
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Oh ok been a while.

Ya don’t think there is a solution To avoid both. Does the shock hit for a lot? Maybe vision to power through and heal block the regen?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Might need to respec your masteries. He applies shock when struck by crits. Remove precision so you crit less often or revive through the fight
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    I knew this will be a problem in varient I never expected it will be variant 4 last chapter damn that's so bad
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

As the guy said above, ghost is a great counter.

You do know he applies armor break as well when he does a special that last for like 10-15 seconds ghost not an option
    Frosty said:

Might need to respec your masteries. He applies shock when struck by crits. Remove precision so you crit less often or revive through the fight

so to put it simply..cash through shall be the only way?...naah kabam never did that ;).

I knew this will be a problem in varient I never expected it will be variant 4 last chapter damn that's so bad

yeah i'm a little bit frustrated here...last path in this Chapter ... didnt expect to be a pain like this..i hope kabam will investigate this further and come up with a solution.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    He shocks when you crit. Use a champ that has a lower crit rate. Vision’s specials damage via power burn and inflict heal block. Any stun inflicts heal block and shuts down the heal.
    TyEdge said:

He shocks when you crit. Use a champ that has a lower crit rate. Vision’s specials damage via power burn and inflict heal block. Any stun inflicts heal block and shuts down the heal.

i saw what you did there ;) like i said he's stun immun and vision dies pretty quick on the shock-debuffs. and there are no more optional 1* that i could use 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Colossus is probably your best choice
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike how about some Feedback to this thread...just wanna know if its intented like it is now...then im gonna farm my units and push through🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty sure it was not intend like this...but dont hold your breath about them fixing it either lol
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★

Sparky and revives, ghost and quake can solo it

Ghost can't, new hulkbuster give u auto armour break when he uses a special. So, ghost can't even phase. I know what kabam did there, reducing effectiveness if ghost. Now she cannot fight best against hulkbhster for auto armour break.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Personally I think it’s time to add some new 1* champs to the mix.. They did it with 2* champs the other month and I enjoyed that did some reruns of V4.3.1 just for fun.. Would love to see them do it with the 1* champs and now with that HB there’s a little bit of a need for it so fingers crossed :-)
    IOSJasoN said:

Personally I think it’s time to add some new 1* champs to the mix.. They did it with 2* champs the other month and I enjoyed that did some reruns of V4.3.1 just for fun.. Would love to see them do it with the 1* champs and now with that HB there’s a little bit of a need for it so fingers crossed :-)

naaah...what would you do with them? theres no 1* arena ...and they cant be awakened...so it will always be half the fun...
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Dang I’m sorry bro! That’s very unfortunate but they probably won’t do anything , they haven’t fixed the issue on variant 3 3.2 For Killmonger true strike when punishing Ultron and wasp especial, so I’m sorry man
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    Well there’s vision who has a low crit rate and bleed immunity... plus heal block. He seems like the best option if it’s a 1*. Colossus is bleed immune to but doesn’t have the buff as a 1* so he’s useless, and he also has no heal block. I’d tank the shocks, just do it with vision. Might take a couple of revives but you should get through it. Additionally he’s stun immune, so you don’t wanna be trying to parry or block much because that’ll just reduce your health and more likely to die from shock. Stick to intercepting.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Ok who jinxed it, who said Variant 4.3.2 couldn't be any bigger of a Cash Grab?! 😂
    I hope they fix this for the people that haven't 100%ed V4 yet because that really does suck...
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Additional tip - I can never remember if it’s pacify or petrify, but whichever one reduces abilities during stuns. That would help get him down easier. Not easy. Easier.
  • CrackhorseCrackhorse Posts: 64
    I'm running into this same issue. Obviously you can always revive vision 4-5 times, and heal him up each time, to bash through it - but that's really unfair.

Vision, Vision OG and Colossus (luckily I have 2 of the 3) are the only bleed immune 1*. Colossus is tricky because he has class disadvantage and he isn't poison immune - which makes the necessary intercepts very risky (since HB is stun immune).

@Kabam Miike please answer this thread so we know if a fix is in the works or hopefully there's a retroactive reimbursement for anyone trying it.

Revive+heal as the only way to get through it isn't fair to your player base.