**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Seriously: Great start to the month

ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
There are times, over the past five years, when I have been absolutely baffled at how Kabam did things. Just left totally baffled.

At the heart of it was always this feeling that there simply wasn’t a recognition of how to generate excitement by doing little things at the right time.

I think whoever was in charge of setting up how this month works...whoever that person or team was, my gosh. NICE WORK.

A 3-star to start the month of one of the featured characters? AWESOME. Let the testing begin!

Milestones available to get the 3-star character awakened through playing the game? PERFECT.

I firmly believe that this game is on the right track — it’s about player excitement. Get people excited to log in and play, and the energy will carry over into everything else.

I think Kabam recognizes that the characters will sell themselves if they just create mechanisms to encourage players to actually test and play the kits.

Nice work! Excited to see what’s to come!

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    helps that the new character is awesome
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Yes, agree it is great except

a bunch of Summoners are not going to experience this without an upgraded device.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I am so far happy with the update to the menus and this month sounds like it will be an improvement from last month and a right step in game direction.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Yes, agree it is great except

a bunch of Summoners are not going to experience this without an upgraded device.

Kabam told everyone to update by this evening — that was in an in-game message. I don’t blame them for that

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    I didn't get my milestones

I didn't get my milestones

I did; I would assume a support ticket will get you sorted. Seems simple enough

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Title click baited me. Thought it was sarcasm.

2/10 disappointing topic.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Yeah I loved this start. Letting players figure out a champ with nothing but abilities and a spotlight is so much more fun.

Can we just do this for every champ? It’s so much more intersting.

Yeah I loved this start. Letting players figure out a champ with nothing but abilities and a spotlight is so much more fun.

Totally agree — I have always felt that people need to test these kits for themselves, even if they wind up hating them, instead of letting YouTube test for them

Not being mean or critical. I just think people need to actually play the game and test the kits themselves

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Totally agree — I have always felt that people need to test these kits for themselves, even if they wind up hating them, instead of letting YouTube test for them

Not being mean or critical. I just think people need to actually play the game and test the kits themselves

I completely agree, but not even just that. Seeing people on here working out his rotation rather than watching a CCP video or deep dive is much more exciting. I personally have been testing him for the last 60 minutes or so even though it’s past 2am here. It’s just fun to work it out for ourselves for once.

I do appreciate CCP videos though. I will still watch them.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I just came to the forums to say the exact same thing. Well done so far, love Guardian too.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

I see I’m not the only one to awaken him from the get go.

ESF said:

I completely agree, but not even just that. Seeing people on here working out his rotation rather than watching a CCP video or deep dive is much more exciting. I personally have been testing him for the last 60 minutes or so even though it’s past 2am here. It’s just fun to work it out for ourselves for once.

I do appreciate CCP videos though. I will still watch them.
    Exactly — it can be both, but it doesn’t help players or the game when a small group of players drives opinions. Again: Not being mean. I watch a video here and there.

It’s just healthier for the game to have people with different opinions based on how they play — I read the debate you had about Killmonger vs. Night Thrasher.

This game needs more of that and less “I saw a video and the character is a dud, even before I tried it”

ItsDamien said:

ESF said:

ItsDamien said:

Title click baited me. Thought it was sarcasm.

2/10 disappointing topic.

Sorry to disappoint; I am critical when it’s fair and positive when it’s deserved

If you don’t think it’s a good topic or start to the month, that’s cool. Nothing to fight about

No, quite the opposite, I'm fine with the month starting as it has. I thought it was another "My milestones didn't complete topic" and was ready to bring out the sad plin plin plon music and tiny violins 😂
    Cool, cool — glad. I definitely want to not fight on the boards

FR33_HUG5 said:

LOL I totally did. Had that AG popped within 30 seconds

• Shaggy1981Shaggy1981 Posts: 3
    I didn't even get the calendar smh cause I didn't update in time
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Don't you guys have 3* ags expiring on regular basis? What the point of not using those?
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    haven't tried him out yet but going too soon. How is he?
    Aleor said:

ESF said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Don't you guys have 3* ags expiring on regular basis? What the point of not using those?
    EXACTLY — I had five of them. I did not hesitate
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    I awakened him from the special objectives

haven't tried him out yet but going too soon. How is he?

Really interesting — there are definitely ways to unlock Big Boy Damage in longer fights. Check out the Canada Man thread for some rotation tips. I don’t want to step on their work
    Mathgeek said:

I awakened him from the special objectives

That works, too — I just took the sig levels and was happy with that, as well

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Same! I had 8 lol

Totally a great start to the month.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

ESF said:

FR33_HUG5 said:

Just 2 Techs, a generic, one skill and a mutant AG.

Used one of my Techs.

• The_Stig9684The_Stig9684 Posts: 42
    Well done Kabam! I'm staggered when seeing a free 3* brand new champ right off the get-go. Let's go!!
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I popped a tech AG on him, but then I realized that I could awaken him through the objectives...