**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
I just did 5.3 and 5.4 within a couple days. I like to take my time with Story, but I was apparently more ready than I thought. Just looking for thoughts on whether or not I should push through 6.1 this month with the Poutines and Syrups available. I had 1200 Units but I bought Vision, so I'll be replenishing them. I have a number of Boosts in stock. Any thoughts? How many Units should I go in with? What are the hardest Fights? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Hardest fight is probably 6.1.5 crossbones. I mainly used Aegon for that but make sure you get bleed immune champs for that
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Do you have a bleed immune with decent damage?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    It's actually good that you bought that Vision; he's good for the Ultron boss.

Really, 6.1 is just a roster/skill check. You are gonna know pretty quickly if you are ready; you need to be able to intercept not perfectly, but consistently. You can't just stand there and take block damage then return fire for the entirety of fights, you will get chipped down.

You have to understand all of the game mechanics -- how to back them into a corner, how to get yourself out of corners, bait/evade, how many hits to use in the combo to not push them over a bar of power, which characters don't crit, which characters don't proc buffs, which characters proc passive buffs. You need to know all of it.

Not trying to scare you. You just need to understand how to play the game and, depending on your roster and skills, your stash, you might not spend a ton, tbh

Crossbones and Sentinel -- the final two bosses -- are roster checks. You need to have a few answers there that aren't entirely skill based
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Do you have a bleed immune with decent damage?

I have 2099 at R3. Going to be R4 as soon as I take Doom to R5 first.
    Should I take 2099 to R4 first, then do Doom after my run? I have T2As.

I also have Warlock waiting to be taken to R3.

Warlock is good for that Crossbones if you know how he works

Doom at R5 will come in handy

Personally, I would take Doom up -- it's hard to describe how hard that kit hits at R5. You just have to see it in action. If you truly understand that kit, truly understand how Doom works, he will do good things for your run
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I personally used 2k units on 6.1. The main reason for that is because I pushed through without the ideal champions. For 6.1.5 Crossbones I used 4/55 VTD with 4 regen, 3 fury and 3 precision
    ESF said:

Personally, I would take Doom up -- it's hard to describe how hard that kit hits at R5. You just have to see it in action. If you truly understand that kit, truly understand how Doom works, he will do good things for your run
    I'm just topping up a T5B. I have enough Alphas for both. Need some T1As. Just planning ahead. Guillotine is Awakened.
    I'll sit on it and do some planning. I appreciate the help, guys.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    I would try and get it done before 4th of july

ESF said:

I'm just topping up a T5B. I have enough Alphas for both. Need some T1As. Just planning ahead. Guillotine is Awakened.
    That should be enough firepower -- I always brought along either Iceman or OG Vision, sometimes both. Don't be afraid to pop boosts to get their DPS up -- people overthink it. The goal is to get Cavalier, not have the most boosts in Inventory

ESF said:

ESF said:

That should be enough firepower -- I always brought along either Iceman or OG Vision, sometimes both. Don't be afraid to pop boosts to get their DPS up -- people overthink it. The goal is to get Cavalier, not have the most boosts in Inventory

Oh for sure. I have a full Inventory of 20% and about 8 30% Boosts. Plus the usual.
    H3t3r said:

Not enough time to prepare. It'll take a week or two to get my Units up.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

H3t3r said:

Always can

H3t3r said:

Always can try itemless?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'm only on 6.1.2 myself, so I can't give much advice but I'll try: I used warlock for the sabre in 6.1.1, which I'm assuming you realized was a good option. For 6.1.2 Ultron, I'm not really sure what any good counters are, but he has emp mod which is annoying, so I would look at some guides
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Always can

H3t3r said:

Always can try itemless?
    Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. I'm going for Cavalier. Not perfection. ;)

I'm only on 6.1.2 myself, so I can't give much advice but I'll try: I used warlock for the sabre in 6.1.1, which I'm assuming you realized was a good option. For 6.1.2 Ultron, I'm not really sure what any good counters are, but he has emp mod which is annoying, so I would look at some guides

I'll definitely hit my guys up on Line. If anything comes up, I can pass it along if you like.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★

Hardest fight is probably 6.1.5 crossbones. I mainly used Aegon for that but make sure you get bleed immune champs for that

Vision is pretty good against that regen Crossbones.

That's what I used to beat him.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    You can go in with about 1k units and before you go for your run ,get some practise on no retreat .
    Also be prepared for the cb, gully 99 should get you through it , be careful as the parries can fail. So bait sp1's build up combo and kill him.
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    If you want cavalier asap then prioritizing Warlock makes sense for Crossbones. So Warlock to R4 --> Cavalier --> Doom to R5.

If cavalier is less urgent I'd R5 Doom then R4 Warlock. I believe those two are better prioritized above Guilly 2099.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I would prefer Warlock over G2099. He's overall a better option.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I did xbones with r3 warlock and the fury/ultron/vision/ synergy boosted 15% attack and 20% champ. Would have one shot him had I not prematurely celebrated doing so in my head. :-)

It’s not a hard fight just bait and punish sp1.

On my smaller account used r5 colossus who destroys that fight.

Sentinel at the end again isn’t hard just long. I used hype on bigger which worked well and smaller acc ended up with blade and OML doing it which took ages.

The ultron is a bit annoying but yeah vision would be good there due to spite, personally used domino and void. Warlock w/synergy for the sentinel before that.

The rest of the fights are pretty simple. Again warlock for sabretooth.

The biggest challenge for me was the no retreat global in 6.1 but once you get your head around it it’s ok if a bit annoying especially as an instinctive dexer. I worked around it using IMIW for his block proficiency and power control which is hugely underrated imo..and domino who just demolished fights super quick.

Good luck

Berjibs said:

I did xbones with r3 warlock and the fury/ultron/vision/ synergy boosted 15% attack and 20% champ. Would have one shot him had I not prematurely celebrated doing so in my head. :-)

Sentinel at the end again isn’t hard just long. I used hype on bigger which worked well and smaller acc ended up with blade and OML doing it which took ages.

The ultron is a bit annoying but yeah vision would be good there due to spite, personally used domino and void. Warlock w/synergy for the sentinel before that.

The biggest challenge for me was the no retreat global in 6.1 but once you get your head around it it’s ok if a bit annoying especially as an instinctive dexer. I worked around it using IMIW for his block proficiency and power control which is hugely underrated imo..and domino who just demolished fights super quick.

Good luck

How does Quake do with No Retreat? Evade count?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    No idea I’m useless at quake
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

Good luck

This is Quake vs 6.1.1 ST
    https://youtu.be/e0e4xOV68wI
    Djin said:

Berjibs said:

Good luck

This is Quake vs 6.1.1 ST
    https://youtu.be/e0e4xOV68wI
    Cool beans.