**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vision or 4th July offers

I'm not sure about what to do, ive gotta make clear that i only have 1.5k units so im very confused right now. Should I go for vision or go for the only one offer im going to be able to get on the 4th of july?

Comments

• MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Buy him if you want
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Unless you can get him to sig 200, save for 4th
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    July 4th offers hands down
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Not sure how much you'll get for 1.5k on the 4th. I use my duped 5* vision all the time, especially in wars, tier 4/5. He doesn't need to be sig 200, and really shouldn't be anyway because his sp2 is his money maker and you don't want to overshoot that into sp3 too often.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★

Agree with @AzKicker316.

Around Sig 120 is his sweet spot - enough to totally control the fight without accidentally slipping to SP3 all the time; which reduces his ability to control the fight.

This is last year's July 4th offer:

So on July 4th, your 1500 units will (most likely) get you some rank-up materials and a few shards. Or it can get you a fully-formed and very respectable 5* champ and a similar quantity of rank-up materials (tied up in Gems) to take him to R3.

You'll need to wait for the next offer (it rolls around twice a year or so) to Awaken him; or use an Awakening Gem to get the most out of him; but even Unawakened he's double immune and a decent Power controller.

Personally I'd go with Vision and take the chance on the July 4th offer not being that much better than next year. But it'll probably be okay, so you should be fine either way.

This year the deals are based on progression lvl
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Vision is amazing and definitely worth it. Sig 120-160 is ideal for him. I still take mine to AQ map 6, war attack and if neither is on then he's always on my questing team. Mine is sig 160 and i will definitely not go higher due to too many sp3's like @Magrailothos said
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★

Agree with @AzKicker316.

Around Sig 120 is his sweet spot - enough to totally control the fight without accidentally slipping to SP3 all the time; which reduces his ability to control the fight.

This is last year's July 4th offer:

So on July 4th, your 1500 units will (most likely) get you some rank-up materials and a few shards. Or it can get you a fully-formed and very respectable 5* champ and a similar quantity of rank-up materials (tied up in Gems) to take him to R3.

You'll need to wait for the next offer (it rolls around twice a year or so) to Awaken him; or use an Awakening Gem to get the most out of him; but even Unawakened he's double immune and a decent Power controller.

Personally I'd go with Vision and take the chance on the July 4th offer not being that much better than next year. But it'll probably be okay, so you should be fine either way.

Why are you comparing to last July 4th? It will be much better then last year's.

It should be compared to Cyber Mondays deals, as it'll be slightly better then those. Last July 4th didn't even have progression based deals.
    Remember he's only dealing with 1500 units. He may get enough shards to pop a 5* plus other resources versus getting vision. If vision is someone who can help him immediately, it is worth taking his deal over the ones on the 4th, imo.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    I got the deal history in this thread:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/167055/cyber-monday-4th-july-deal-history/p1

The July 4th offers should be better compared to the Cyber Monday/Weekend stuff. Each July 4th / Cyber Monday gets progressively better. Only you can decide if the Vision is more valuable that what you 'might' be able to get. Like you will just be able to snag the 1k cache offer. Me personally, I think the ogVision is a solid choice, only if you plan on ranking him up and using him. If he is going to sit as a trophy champ and collect dust... not worth it then.
    edited June 2020
    gsil6374 said:

What your asking is, should I spend $200 for a 6 star vision. Sorry man, but i don't think any character is worth that much here. Doesn't matter what game its for, $200 is too much money for a single character considering I could easily buy many video games (especially on Steam), with that much money and get more hours of playing time then I would with 6 star vision. Unless of course money is not an issue. If thats the case, I happily accept donations, buddy.

This isn't a money question. You can get units without spending money. The poster just has to determine which deal he wants for his 1500 units, regardless if he achieved those through cash or time.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I’m in a similar situation except with a little over 4000 units....
    If I get vision, I use my generic gem on him and put in 105 sig stones

Do I get vision or grind out another 1000 units in 1 week?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

I'm not sure about what to do, ive gotta make clear that i only have 1.5k units so im very confused right now. Should I go for vision or go for the only one offer im going to be able to get on the 4th of july?

If you don't have a power control champ, then get him.
    If you don't have a bleed & poison immune champ, then get him.

If you have other champs that can fill those roles, then, there really isn't a need for Vision, unless you really need a power control champ that is both bleed & poison immune.

I am positive that the Vision offer will be back again this year though.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Get Vision..the shards you get from 4th may be worth it, but then again you could pull a 5* who is trash.
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

If you don't have a power control champ, then get him.
    If you don't have a bleed & poison immune champ, then get him.

If you have other champs that can fill those roles, then, there really isn't a need for Vision, unless you really need a power control champ that is both bleed & poison immune.

I am positive that the Vision offer will be back again this year though.

There are not many power control champs which are so 'easy' to use as Vision, so even if you already have one, still would consider buying him! Thats what I did :)