**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5*/6* Scarlet Witch/Wolverine

124»

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I feel like they tested her pre 12.0
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I'm sorry, but simple comments that she's too OP without any details on HOW don't work anymore with you're player community. There have been too many issues lately, too much lack of transparency despite claims that you're trying to be more transparent. SW is a beloved character, so you'll need to provide some actual details if you want to satisfy the community that she simply won't work right now.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

In my opinion Scarlet Witch will never be a 5* champ in this game, way too over powering....she will destroy everything

That's just silly considering we have champs like ghost, aegon and domino as 5&6*s
    It’s not silly, she has power drain,power steal, nullify, fury, crit, regen, inflicts poison on defense.....I’ve had her special 2 up to 40K damage without any special nodes and that’s a 4* rank 5 champ

Imagine what a 5/65 Sig 200 scarlet witch could do
    Lol a max sig 5/65 sw would be great but not as strong as ghost, aegon, domino and various other beyond god tier champs
    Having tried out a 5-Star Scarlet Witch at Sig 200, she is more powerful than any of those Champions, and no Content stands in her way. There may be a day where we see her 5-Star version in game, but she's not coming any time soon.
    If that's the case Miike, has the team considered changing or re-balancing her?

Given that's she's not available as a 5*/6*, there's wouldn't be much outcry from those using her as a 4* that she was being 'nerfed'.

What is it that makes her OP? If it's multi-stacking buffs/debuffs, couldn't you just put some limits on them, such as maximum of three/four buffs/debuffs? Or reduced the potency of her effects? Or if her abilities like Fury/Cruelty/Regeneration are overpowered, make them happen less frequently by 'diluting' them with Fatigue, Exhaustion, Concussion, etc.

There's a redesign in the Champion Improvement Thread, if anyone at Kabam is interested in taking a look: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/928613/#Comment_928613
    Believe it or not, this is the nerfed version of SW. Before version 12.0 update, she was way more powerful than she is now.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

In my opinion Scarlet Witch will never be a 5* champ in this game, way too over powering....she will destroy everything

That's just silly considering we have champs like ghost, aegon and domino as 5&6*s
    It’s not silly, she has power drain,power steal, nullify, fury, crit, regen, inflicts poison on defense.....I’ve had her special 2 up to 40K damage without any special nodes and that’s a 4* rank 5 champ

Lol a max sig 5/65 sw would be great but not as strong as ghost, aegon, domino and various other beyond god tier champs
    Having tried out a 5-Star Scarlet Witch at Sig 200, she is more powerful than any of those Champions, and no Content stands in her way. There may be a day where we see her 5-Star version in game, but she's not coming any time soon.
    If that's the case Miike, has the team considered changing or re-balancing her?

Given that's she's not available as a 5*/6*, there's wouldn't be much outcry from those using her as a 4* that she was being 'nerfed'.

What is it that makes her OP? If it's multi-stacking buffs/debuffs, couldn't you just put some limits on them, such as maximum of three/four buffs/debuffs? Or reduced the potency of her effects? Or if her abilities like Fury/Cruelty/Regeneration are overpowered, make them happen less frequently by 'diluting' them with Fatigue, Exhaustion, Concussion, etc.

There's a redesign in the Champion Improvement Thread, if anyone at Kabam is interested in taking a look: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/928613/#Comment_928613
    Believe it or not, this is the nerfed version of SW. Before version 12.0 update, she was way more powerful than she is now.
    Yes, I know. I've been playing since 1.1.

But I'm asking (like @10or_Strong is) why she's too strong, and what could be done about it?

Because when we fight 5* and 6* Switch as an opponent in quests, I don't think we (the community) see it. As a defender, she's not a problem. So what are they seeing (as an Attacker) that we're not? What would need to change for them to release her, or a version of her?
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    Since kabam didn’t want to release Wolverine og, they should have at least improve upon OML abilities, the regen Isn’t even that great, I have OML with sig200 and I chose unawakened Havok over him, why? It’s self explanatory.. OML is now a niche attacker that doesn’t match up to the top tier champion, maybe OML is now a low Demi-god tier or lower. At least that is how I would rate him... Colossus got the better of the buff update, incinerate frostbite bleed immune and improved damage..

I guess it’s ok kabam doesn’t make 5* or 6* Wolverine or Scarlet Witch, might be another iteration of Thor og or Vision... needs to be 5/65 sig200 if not they are not good at all.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    balancing her sig doesnt seem to b hard,just make it 35-50% to proc anything on crits , reduce her block prof. so she wont be Op for any content and with similar ability RNg based OP champ domino is available in both 5&6*. also whoever did balance thor's sig has done bad job.. hiding his damage behind last 20 sig is just not nice
  • We should see SW destroy some of the content because I just don’t believe nothing stands in her way because she has weaknesses and is very RNG based I can’t believe it until I see
  • CompEngEvFanCompEngEvFan Posts: 27
    So, Hyperion with empathic lock and spite that can almost kill an r4 5* Magik that has full health with just one sp3 is fine but a 5* Scarlett Witch would be too OP. :/:/
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    It took my maxed out 4 star sw 324 hits to beat ws. I took AA 117, sparky 162 and Hyperion 215.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    But I realized why she’s not a 5 star it’s because her power steal, power lock and regen. Wolverine and deadpool red version regen is the reason why they’re not a 5 star
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Theres so many heal block nodes anymore that those regens mean jack
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    And what about 5-star version of Vision AOU ? What are the reasons?
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 344 ★★★
    Lambda1 said:

And what about 5-star version of Vision AOU ? What are the reasons?

5 Star OG Vision is nearly identical to AOU and is available to those who are willing to pay. Imho hes one of the best champs in the game simply because he keeps you alive and you can starve most opponents of power which is half the battle in most fights. Less SP's to dodge, less SP3s, less deaths, less units and cash spent. This is why they don't want Vision widely available at a high usable rank.

With Wolverine it likely they don't a repeat of their mistake with blade giving players access to easy regen which literally saves you potions/units/cash by just holding block.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    scarlett whitch days are long gone she is one of the weakest mystics now specially as a 5* version .. wolveine in the othet hand might come handy for lots of fights that's if he doesn't get a significant reduce to his healing
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

scarlett whitch days are long gone she is one of the weakest mystics now specially as a 5* version .. wolveine in the othet hand might come handy for lots of fights that's if he doesn't get a significant reduce to his healing

She is far from being among the weakest mystics in the game. Not as strong as before? Yes. One of the weakest mystics in the game? HELL no
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

this aged well
    good job
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

this aged well
    Dammit I'm an hour late
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

She is far from being among the weakest mystics in the game. Not as strong as before? Yes. One of the weakest mystics in the game? HELL no
    forget about tiers there is champs you use and rank and champ you don't rank maybe rank them when catalyst are expiring or for fun now she is one of those now
    if u would rank her in place of d.doom symb.sup c.voyant then i'm wrong which im not rest of mystics are better too magik m.s ...evn mephisto
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I’d bet money on SW being used and ranked up more often than Wolverine. He has lot of regen and that’s it.
    As opposed to SW with all her damage, relatively easy to access nullify and (although random) regen, power control and heal block.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    But they did lower her proc rate to activates stun, power drain/lock and so on so she’s best fit as an questing team. She could do ok in war and AQ if played skillful enough?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Assuming the 5* SW that’s on the duel account is final, it’ll be 90% chance for her sig ability to proc at sig200. As opposed to the 4* maxing our now at 80%
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I'd take current day Ghost, Aegon, Claire, Quake and others like that over Pre 12.0 SW any day, doubtful she crushes every piece of content today