**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Let's talk about Canadian Difficulty

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Imo, difficulty for Canadian side quest needs to be ramped up.

Across the map, double the health and attack, even the easy path(s).

For the other 6 paths except the 2 easy ones, add 1-2 more buffs that require a certain method of play, eg. Destructive feedback, Do not go gentle, Buffet, the one that gives furies then degen unless you intercept.

Otherwise, it’s really really... too easy.

I'd rather have more creative difficulty. It's already more grind then I like for a side quest. If you double the health it just makes it that much longer lol.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

xNig said:

For the other 6 paths except the 2 easy ones, add 1-2 more buffs that require a certain method of play, eg. Destructive feedback, Do not go gentle, Buffet, the one that gives furies then degen unless you intercept.

I'd rather have more creative difficulty. It's already more grind then I like for a side quest. If you double the health it just makes it that much longer lol.
    Come on. xNig is really itching to fight 1mil health Sasquatch with 22k attack over and over. Let him get his wish. :smiley:
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    It gets harder. This is the first week. Also a lot of players may of gotten wrecked by the 50k sasquatxh
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

My only problem with the first week of the Canadian difficulty is that it's somewhat easier than some of the Epic side quests we've had in the last few months.

That's my only issue.

Canadian should be a step up in difficulty when compared to Epic. Not the same/easier.

It's not really easier. It's about the same as the top-level Epic. Not counting those Labs. They were just needlessly harder, considering the range of people in them. These Quests also get harder over the weeks.
    Exactly. Same as top-level Epic. This should be harder than that. Even just slightly.
    It's Week 1. Lol. We know it's going to get harder. It's not necessarily going to be as hard as Cavalier. It's a Side Quest. Many Epics aren't as hard as Uncollected.
    You keep saying that. How do you know? Or are you just assuming that your assumption is self-evidently true? I don't remember the Mole Man expeditions getting harder in the later weeks.
    Yes, it's an assumption. This also isn't Mole Man. Quite similar, but not the same.
    Remind me which side quests that were spread out over a month did increase as the month went on? I can't think of any. I'll be surprised if the other weeks aren't more or less the same.
    We've had Side Quests that have gotten harder as you advance. Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. Not monumentally if it does. I suspect they're finding their bearings with it. Personally I'd see Epic around 16-18k and Canadian at 30-40k. Either way, the main point for me is to take less pressure off Epic by having so many different levels of progress crammed into one. That's all I've ever been concerned with. Consistent ranges that allow steady growth over time. Not jacking it up every 5 or 6 months because the upper range gets bored.

arsjum said:

My only problem with the first week of the Canadian difficulty is that it's somewhat easier than some of the Epic side quests we've had in the last few months.

That's my only issue.

Canadian should be a step up in difficulty when compared to Epic. Not the same/easier.

It's not really easier. It's about the same as the top-level Epic. Not counting those Labs. They were just needlessly harder, considering the range of people in them. These Quests also get harder over the weeks.
    Exactly. Same as top-level Epic. This should be harder than that. Even just slightly.
    It's Week 1. Lol. We know it's going to get harder. It's not necessarily going to be as hard as Cavalier. It's a Side Quest. Many Epics aren't as hard as Uncollected.
    You keep saying that. How do you know? Or are you just assuming that your assumption is self-evidently true? I don't remember the Mole Man expeditions getting harder in the later weeks.
    Yes, it's an assumption. This also isn't Mole Man. Quite similar, but not the same.
    Remind me which side quests that were spread out over a month did increase as the month went on? I can't think of any. I'll be surprised if the other weeks aren't more or less the same.
    We've had Side Quests that have gotten harder as you advance. Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. Not monumentally if it does. I suspect they're finding their bearings with it. Personally I'd see Epic around 16-18k and Canadian at 30-40k. Either way, the main point for me is to take less pressure off Epic by having so many different levels of progress crammed into one. That's all I've ever been concerned with. Consistent ranges that allow steady growth over time. Not jacking it up every 5 or 6 months because the upper range gets bored.
    What side quest have we had where they spread it out over the month by locking the other sections, and the other sections were any harder? As far as I can recall it's a flat difficulty. Can you provide a counterexample?
    arsjum said:

xNig said:

Come on. xNig is really itching to fight 1mil health Sasquatch with 22k attack over and over. Let him get his wish. :smiley:
    Sasquatch specials are easy to evade. Higher health would only make it more tedious. Higher attack would remove margin for error but it would still be tedious.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

xNig said:

That is actually true. If it isn’t punishing, how can it be challenging? Consistency needs to be included as part of skill as well.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I'm a bit surprised really I thought it would be much harder.

Double the difficulty and rewards and we get a new good monthly content.

arsjum said:

That's my only issue.

What side quest have we had where they spread it out over the month by locking the other sections, and the other sections were any harder? As far as I can recall it's a flat difficulty. Can you provide a counterexample?
    You're being a bit too specific there. If you're saying Mole Man didn't, just say that. We've had Side Quests that got harder as you went along. Baron's War wasn't the same flat out. There have been others that weren't separated by weeks. Bit of a strawman here, to be honest.

arsjum said:

That's my only issue.

You're being a bit too specific there. If you're saying Mole Man didn't, just say that. We've had Side Quests that got harder as you went along. Baron's War wasn't the same flat out. There have been others that weren't separated by weeks. Bit of a strawman here, to be honest.
    No, I'm not. We've seen this kind of quest multiple times. It doesn't scale up. I'll bet you 5 energy refills to be paid when we get gifting badges at Christmas that this one follows the same pattern.
    Did I not just say maybe it will, maybe it won't? Someone took one comment I made, and here we are defocusing again. If it doesn't, so be it. It's a fair assumption either way. I don't care if it does.

That's my only issue.

You said "We know it's going to get harder." Doesn't sound like it may or may not to me lmao
    The only one who's that invested in whether I'm right or wrong is you. If I'm wrong, so what?
    It's Week 1 of Legendary Difficulty. You think it's always going to be this easy? I doubt it. You're starting arbitrary arguments that have no real value to the discussion.

It's Week 1 of Legendary Difficulty. You think it's always going to be this easy? I doubt it. You're starting arbitrary arguments that have no real value to the discussion.

It's a side quest that will follow the pattern of other similar side quests. It's supposed to be harder, but it will follow the same pattern of a flat difficulty. If you really doubt it, then bet me. It's 150 units. I'm FTP and you spend some. I'm sure 150 units won't break you. There is nothing arbitrary about this. You said we know that it will scale up. I'm saying we know that it won't. One of actually believes what we are saying, apparently.
    edited July 2020

Yes, it's week one.. No, I don't think it will always be this easy. I think they will adjust it. But this one was a miss and weeks 2-4 will be this easy.
    I said wait and see what happens. We know it will get harder overall, if not this month. It IS arbitrary. The only purpose the argument serves is to challenge whether I'm right or wrong and I literally said I don't care if I'm right or wrong. In fact, I said maybe I am, maybe I'm not. You're picking a battle over nothing. Literally nothing. Whether I am or not adds nothing to the conversation, so it's like peeing in the rain.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I think it’s evident they are taking a new direction with how they challenge the masses in time sink progression content. It challenges skill sets that people might be lacking while allowing them to still complete the content without breaking the bank if they put in the effort.

If you want that 1%er challenge I really hope the Summer of Pain delivers for you and me as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised at the crying then. Lol
    I think the crying is going to be over the lack of material rewards relative to the difficulty.

I’m really thinking this is going to be like The Maze where if you’re into the content you get a challenge but people who are not into the content are not “left out”.

And I’m really hoping we see something like this guy, was kinda sad to see he didn’t make it into the abyss. But it could have just been a joke from either side. Regardless the fight sounds awesome.

Abyss Venompool:

Random Declarations: Every {2} seconds, Deadpool will become bored and make a random declaration, altering the fight for a random amount of time.

Dance Fever! - Venompool is set to 2 Bars of Power over and over and has a high chance to launch a Special 2.

Opposite Day! - The Attacker's controls are Reversed.

Slap Happy! - Venompool is set to 1 Bar of Power over and over and has a high chance to launch Special 1.

If Venompool is able to finish his fiery dance moves, then the Attacker gains an Incinerate Debuff from the intense heat, dealing 999999 damage over 3 seconds. Burn, baby! Burn!

Special Attacks are all Unblockable, except on Opposite Day!

• the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 345 ★★★
    Guys what the hell ? Only the first week of Canadian difficulty is out and you are already saying its easy. Yes its the first chapter, it will be easy. Upcoming weeks won't be as easy. If they create the main monthly event quest to look like this , then the cavaliar difficulty will based on what you see now .
    The PIs you saw in the last chapter of uncollected will become the first chapter of Cavaliar difficulty.
    So in the starting you will see PIs of 20k or 21k , you need to wait till you get to the fun part, which is gonna be atleast 30-35k or even 40k opponents. Maybe 25% increase in stats each week.
    Why do you guys jump to conclusions.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited July 2020
    This is exactly the level that I anticipated tbh.

If the difficulty is scaled in the same way as Master/UC MEQs then this is what we should expect.

UC ch1 is slightly easier than Master ch3, but by UC ch3, the difficulty has roughly tripled compared to UC ch1. Be careful what you wish for, ch3 could well be filled with 40-50k PI lanes if it continues with this trend.

I personally don’t know if I can be bothered to clear out 2 quests of 60k mobs every month if you scaled the difficulty up another 30% from ch1.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

That's my only issue.

Do they? Did Mole Man? I feel like these quests generally stay the same. People are always worried they they will increase but they usually don't.
    As this is a testing ground for the whole MEQ difficulty scaling I’m assume that they’re going to treat it as they would a full MEQ in terms of difficulty scaling.

That said, it could be that Canadian difficulty is here to represent the difficulty of ch1 the MEQ and next month ch2 with the month before release being ch3.