**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about Canadian Difficulty

Comments

• MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    @xNig there is very little content they can produce which would be challenging to even your alt/mini account.

Tuning cavalier to provide a challenge to your or @Worknprogress main accounts, means they may as well leave act 6 and their first stab 3 at act 7 untouched....

And then see where that leaves the game.

They've already done those calculations. Cav tuned to current act 6.3 to 6.4, will lose them customers.

The summer of pain is for you two.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Timone147 said:

Again do you guys think though that the difficulty right now in the first chapter of Canadian matches those rewards? I would say the rewards are not a lot so the difficulty is appropriate.

Also look at the chapters. The later chapters are much heavier weighted with the rewards. My guess is those will be a lot harder and gravitate toward the Sasquatch ambush with nodes.

I don't care about the rewards in this side quest. My only concern is with the difficulty tuning personally. Rewards will be whatever they are.
    @UmbertoDelRio

My comments aren't aimed at you. It's ridiculous for the above other two, to expect this content to be a challenge for them. People who have legends times for the new story act releases?!

They are the elite that the summer of pain is aimed at.

You, I hope, can appreciate that this first week of Canadian is probably going to be like 1.1 of UCEQ to a new uncollected player.

I.e week 4 may be double the pi, perhaps 2.5 times higher, if it ties to 3.1 or 3.2 UCEQ. With nodes....

Give them time.

What most people who play this game will agree work though, is that making cavalier difficulty a challenge for the other 2, will simply alienate too many players. Just as act 6 as a whole has.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

When they announced the rewards I felt like they're decent for a start. And mind you, while feeling that way I expected at least 30k path enemies with wild node combinations and puzzle-esque bosses.

I was so excited for boss-rush style nodes and fun interactive gameplay, but what we got was just mindless parry-5 combos.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@xNig there is very little content they can produce which would be challenging to even your alt/mini account.

Tuning cavalier to provide a challenge to your or @Worknprogress main accounts, means they may as well leave act 6 and their first stab 3 at act 7 untouched....

And then see where that leaves the game.

They've already done those calculations. Cav tuned to current act 6.3 to 6.4, will lose them customers.

The summer of pain is for you two.

This makes no sense. They said that they want story quests to be more broadly accessible. The very highest level of EQ shouldn't be. Also it wasn't just the difficulty of act 6 and book 2 beta, it was the way that difficulty was achieved. If the Cavalier difficulty only challenges new Cavalier players they might as well not even bother. People have been asking for a new difficulty for a long time because UC stopped being challenging a long time ago. You are saying that Cavalier should not challenge the very people who have been asking for it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

When they announced the rewards I felt like they're decent for a start. And mind you, while feeling that way I expected at least 30k path enemies with wild node combinations and puzzle-esque bosses.

I was so excited for boss-rush style nodes and fun interactive gameplay, but what we got was just mindless parry-5 combos.
    That's what we're getting later on with the Boss Rushes and the other content. This is just another step up from Epic. The data being used for Cavalier is Sasquatch. Now, Canadian won't always be this easy, I believe. It's not Cavalier itself, and it's not The Maze. Lol. It's open to anyone Level 55, Cavalier or not.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

That's what we're getting later on with the Boss Rushes and the other content. This is just another step up from Epic. The data being used for Cavalier is Sasquatch. Now, Canadian won't always be this easy, I believe. It's not Cavalier itself, and it's not The Maze. Lol. It's open to anyone Level 55, Cavalier or not.
    I totally get that. That's why I made this thread. I just wanted to let Kabam know that I felt like the content they released this week wasn't on par with what the other summoners and I had expected for the new difficulty. The first post I made wasn't just complaints. It was feedback. We're just telling Kabam that even for a first week, it's way too easy.

Also, I know many people don't want difficulty in terms of amping up the attack and health. That's why they added the nodes, I think. But the nodes they added were simple. Nothing punishing, nothing challenging. Nothing fun. I get that Boss Rushes are meant to be different from the Side Quests, but Kabam should consider using different and challenging node combinations instead of the monotony that is Canadian right now.

I totally get that. That's why I made this thread. I just wanted to let Kabam know that I felt like the content they released this week wasn't on par with what the other summoners and I had expected for the new difficulty. The first post I made wasn't just complaints. It was feedback. We're just telling Kabam that even for a first week, it's way too easy.

Also, I know many people don't want difficulty in terms of amping up the attack and health. That's why they added the nodes, I think. But the nodes they added were simple. Nothing punishing, nothing challenging. Nothing fun. I get that Boss Rushes are meant to be different from the Side Quests, but Kabam should consider using different and challenging node combinations instead of the monotony that is Canadian right now.
    Buffed Up is a pain. Depending on what you have Ranked.

They're trying to gather data from something that is already trivial to those who were supposed to be challenged by what they're trying to gather data for.

That's the issue lol.

Does 6.1 challenge you? This is the first of 4 levels of difficulty.

They will fail if they make the first level challenging to someone who has beaten *current* act 6.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

The git-gud crowd seems to have forgotten that cavalier has been out for a year. That title isn't the top 1% anymore. If this random side quest is too easy to hold your attention either skip it or use weaker champs. It cracks me up that the same guys who were trolling up the feedback threads telling people they just weren't ready for act6 or war if hard and needed to get better rosters and more skill if they thought it was too hard are now whining that their rosters are too deep and they're too good at the game. I'm not going to complain about free loot, personally. It's just a monthly side quest.

The purpose of the side quest is to gather data to create the Cavalier difficulty. This isn't about git-gud, holding our attention, or whether or not it's a side quest. I can't imagine that this side quest is challenging for any Cavalier player, let alone the top 1%.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Menkent said:

The git-gud crowd seems to have forgotten that cavalier has been out for a year. That title isn't the top 1% anymore. If this random side quest is too easy to hold your attention either skip it or use weaker champs. It cracks me up that the same guys who were trolling up the feedback threads telling people they just weren't ready for act6 or war if hard and needed to get better rosters and more skill if they thought it was too hard are now whining that their rosters are too deep and they're too good at the game. I'm not going to complain about free loot, personally. It's just a monthly side quest.

The purpose of the side quest is to gather data to create the Cavalier difficulty. This isn't about git-gud, holding our attention, or whether or not it's a side quest. I can't imagine that this side quest is challenging for any Cavalier player, let alone the top 1%.
    You greatly underestimate the number of people who vastly overreached just to get the title for access to rewards/offers

You really don't seem to understand that what you just described is not a counter to what we say, but rather exactly the issue we have with canadian difficulty lol.

What we got is so far from what the average semi-endgame-player-plus expected, expectations that were build on what kabam themselves have published on that topic mind you, that we don't see whatever value the data they're trying to gather from that sasquatch ambush is supposed to have.

That encounter is essentially comparable to the rare un-noded encounters in later act 6. Like the first deadpool in 6.4.1. Similar health, similar attack. And to someone who reached that level, such an encounter demands basically nothing from them.
    It's the first encounter, Week 1. There are 3 more weeks to go. They're using the data, so I'm sure they'll be able to gauge Cavalier accordingly. All data, including who breezed through him, who struggled, where they're at, etc.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★

Timone147 said:

Again do you guys think though that the difficulty right now in the first chapter of Canadian matches those rewards? I would say the rewards are not a lot so the difficulty is appropriate.

Also look at the chapters. The later chapters are much heavier weighted with the rewards. My guess is those will be a lot harder and gravitate toward the Sasquatch ambush with nodes.

Seriously asking? I personally do not think the rewards reflect the difficulty and vice versa. The first chapter was hardly more challenging than a standard epic side event.

It could very well be more difficult without a need to adjust the rewards imo. And don't get me wrong, I'll absolutely take what is essentially free stuff.

I just don't feel entertained while doing so, which should be a concern to the game team.
    I agree that the first difficulty wasn’t much different than the end of epic side events or harder epic side events. But neither were the rewards imo. I think it will scale in difficulty as the later rewards are much better.

The level of scaling will be telling. Agree it’s easier but also don’t feel like the difficulty outpaces the rewards. I’m expecting a scaling difficulty as we go so that the larger pool of rewards in the later chapter reflect the difficulty.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    TheDAGE said:

That sasquach is **** impossible

Bro, I'm using 5* r4 IMIW, 5* r4 Gwenpool, and Max Sig Max level 4 star hood (went for 3 class advantages, picked my strongest/favorite each class). So I had 1 fight in Canadian, won easily, then ambushed by Sasquatch. So far I've revived about 10 times and he's sitting at 40% health as we speak with at least 2 more fights left after him. Last attempt he started at 37% health, I landed 33 hits, he eventually landed 7 and killed me, again, and ended up with 3% more health. Impossible is not the word. I think 1 guy in my alliance has beaten him and only because of Human Torch Nova Flames. What do I think of the quest difficulty? Very fair, if it wasn't for Sasquatch. But, they're giving away alot of 6 star shards on the calendar. It should be expected that they put at least 1 fight somewhere to milk you for units.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    It feels a lot more like a roster check than a difficulty check. Health pools aren't even that much larger than uncollected difficulty. Only challenge is the buffed up path, and if you have any sort of roster depth that one isn't even hard. Definitely need to increase the difficulty on the paths that aren't meant to be the "easy" cavalier path. In addition the path rewards seem very weak on week 1. I could easily take a massive difficulty bump for slightly better rewards.