**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bring back the old war or I'm likely quitting

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
I can't even do the T4b arena, lost all interest like many people I know. Why do you do the things you do

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Bye Bye then

5 posts and all moronic.

@SmokinSurfer you're not alone, AW is no longer a viable game mode. There's no real competition, in fact it barely qualifies as a game mode at all. I'm recommending to my alliance that we boycott AW completely and focus on AQ until it's changed, or until we all just quit and find another game.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    its free rewards quit crying
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

I'd have to disagree with your observation. To many players including myself, it is not "free", because we not only invested our time(years) to get our accts to be competitive at a higher level, we invested money also. So from another perspective, we've "paid" for our right to express our dissatisfaction when the very things we paid for are not operating as we were assured they would.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Totally agree. I played this game BECAUSE of war. I grinded arena for units and champs to increase our chances of winning. I used my resources (including tons and tons of units to get to max mystic dispersion for war defense). I slog through AQ for what is almost always frags to rank up champs for war.

This new war scoring method is stupid. The new war map is ridiculously easy. The people on his forum that say they like it bc it's easy or free rewards, I'm guessing, are the ones who didn't like w mar bc it was too hard (meaning they lacked the skill to do anything but parry and spend their way through aq).

I guess in a way I should say thank you to kabam. I will have a lot more free time when I'm not putting in the energy grinding for champs. What's the point? As long as one member of your alliance already has the champ, you don't need whatever champ it is.

Was has just become stupid. The scoring has nothing to do with skill or strategy. It has to do with whic alliance can coordinate placing the most non-identical champs. Time to look for another game. Kabam has managed to break my addiction with this change.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I don't know it was the first time in a long time it wasn't a for sure win or lose very even teams
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    I don't know it was the first time in a long time it wasn't a for sure win or lose very even teams

What? Very even? What does that even mean? Very even bc both alliances had to place inferior champs and the defensive nodes were all easy so that both alliances could feel good about themselves for clearing 100%?
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    We have already lost one of our oldest members, war was the straw that broke that camels back
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Mainer123 wrote: »

What? Very even? What does that even mean? Very even bc both alliances had to place inferior champs and the defensive nodes were all easy so that both alliances could feel good about themselves for clearing 100%?

I mean number wise , all numbers alliance rating no 8 mil vs 1 mil . And score wise very close could have gone either way ,and stats were comparable as well . Might have just got lucky with match up but it was very even for us so far
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I am right with the OP. I used to look forward to wars but now they are the most disappointing part of the game. Giving this one week. If defender kills aren't brought back then I am done
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I must say I'm a long time player, 3 r4 5*s but the alliance war Change is seriously making me think carefully about carrying on opened the app this morning collected rewards havnt logged back in. Don't see the point anymore I've spent over 1k dollars on this game because I don't mind supporting a game I enjoy it'll be no more for me until they bring back some sort of competitive play
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited September 2017

Ok here is my issue. "It's free rewards" rewards for what? I use same team in aq nearly every time. 2 rank 4 5* and 1 5/50 4*. I have ample max champs to run any quest that has come out. I have more then enough champs to pick and choose an attack team for war based on path. So why do I need more champs to rank up anymore? War was an area of the game that presented interestinnb challenges and still provided motivation to rank up certain champs either for defense or to handle certain nodes in attack. Now........

I am suppossed to be motivated to play a boring map against easy champs for free rewards so I can attain shards to crystals for future champs I don't need while wasting resources to rank champs I don't want?
  • Losspik wrote: »
    I must say I'm a long time player, 3 r4 5*s but the alliance war Change is seriously making me think carefully about carrying on opened the app this morning collected rewards havnt logged back in. Don't see the point anymore I've spent over 1k dollars on this game because I don't mind supporting a game I enjoy it'll be no more for me until they bring back some sort of competitive play

I'm right there with you man. 3 R4 5* and I'm struggling to even care anymore. AW **was** my favorite part of the game. Even high in tier 1, I like competitive gaming when its PvP. Honestly, I hate AQ and try to do each new monthly quest as soon as it comes out so I don't have to worry about it, but AW I used to look forward to. Now its become a joke, I'm throwing in defenders that aren't even ranked and I am in the process of ranking total losers that have no purpose anywhere outside of diversity. Just two days ago I r5d War Machine and Groot because #diversity

• I'm really digging the fact that simply moving your pic to a node gets you 6x the points that a kill does. Cuz yknow, the whole point of this game is to move your profile pic around a digital map with circles.... Not to actually fight other characters with the champs you've busted your ass upgrading.

And it's so awesome that defender kills is gone and the other most important part of the game is ranking up mostly worthless champs for diversity. To hell with having amazing defenders bc that's actually a bad thing now. Wouldn't wanna frustrate the enemy alli by placing champs that are difficult to fight. That would be bad. Instead, need to make sure they're not getting bored of seeing the same faces while they're concentrating on moving along the map for those amazing points.

Wonder how many diversity points kabam got in master mode with so many kingpins in one map. Smh smh smh

Idk if you're picking up what I'm laying down, but war is now extremely stupid. And kabam highlights that stupidity with their own quests not following those stupid guidelines.

Marvel contest of moving ur stupid pic thru a map that takes too much energy and doesn't even focus on the actual fights.

Wonder how many high fives went around the room when these geniuses came up with the idea of dropping attack points so low.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    We've already had a retirement and several others considering it. I guess Kabam isn't interested in "player diversity points".
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    alright stop joking, we know you're not quitting
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    They should change the name to alliance parade instead of alliance war
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Well that's one less person in arena
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I am back in a holding pattern. I left my alliance, can check my profile if you like you will see I am homeless. Unless this is fixed I am not logging in more than once a day. Removed app from my phone and just log in on my tab to collect daily and calendar. On forums just to see how things shake out and if a return is worth it
    Mcord11758 wrote: »

Ok here is my issue. "It's free rewards" rewards for what? I use same team in aq nearly every time. 2 rank 4 5* and 1 5/50 4*. I have ample max champs to run any quest that has come out. I have more then enough champs to pick and choose an attack team for war based on path. So why do I need more champs to rank up anymore? War was an area of the game that presented interestinnb challenges and still provided motivation to rank up certain champs either for defense or to handle certain nodes in attack. Now........

I am suppossed to be motivated to play a boring map against easy champs for free rewards so I can attain shards to crystals for future champs I don't need while wasting resources to rank champs I don't want?

Perfectly said. War was the motivation to rank up champs. They utterly ruined it, took all of our fun away. Literally EVERY OTHER part of the game is a grind to get war champions for the majority of the player base. They took that away..

Exactly. I don't enjoy grinding in arena for hours and hours to get dormamu and units. I do it for war. I don't run aq bc it's fun. I do it for resources to rank up for war. The whole point to the game was to build a roster for war. Now, they have taken what seemed to be the point to the game and ruined it. What's even the point in playing anymore? It's lame now.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Yeah it is so easy we have guys using 4/40s for attack cause they would rather quest instead. We just destroyed an alliance in defender kills and was winning the war by a signifiacnt amount. 30 minutes left the entire alliance revived and took down 2 of our bosses. We lost by 4k points because of diversity and one more attack kill. They literally took 42 more deaths than we did and still won. Blatantly tells us war is about who is willing to spend, and skill is out of the equation. Only way to get the changes we want is to boycott. It makes no sense that you can die as much as you want, and still win the war. Kabam made war a money grab plain and simple.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    See this Kabam someone is on the verge of holding thier breath in protest, for shame!
  • Yeah not a fan of this new war system. Its seriously bad. Weve lost 2 strong guys that quit the game because of war now. Kabams really blown this one. I know theres 2 or 3 others that are quitting from our ally too. All because of wars. I feel theres going to be some major backlash coming your way from the community kabam. That's not a threat im making thats just a fact. And if you can't see it coming then you guys are really blind to what the community is saying to you
This discussion has been closed.