**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Find the Elusive Sasquatch in Northern Expeditions! [Canadian Difficulty now Unlocking at Level 55]

Comments

• BaluleeBalulee Posts: 23
    Why master difficult rewards are so much Nerfed..... I don't get it
    And yet kabam thinks players are so much motivated to do these ....Wow
  • Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36

Hey All,

One last-minute change before these go live:

- Canadian Difficulty now unlocks at Level 55

As a reminder, this is NOT Cavalier Difficulty and is a lead up to it.

Nice to see this post. Now I can lvl up to 55 from 53 and play it.
  • SaySay Posts: 6
    Nice
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    Cassy said:

My difficulty is called two times epic in german.
    Where is Canada?

In Spanish is the same, twice epic
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Hey All,

And most likely you'll have a lot of trouble.
  • Hunter_Sarc0Hunter_Sarc0 Posts: 37
    Should have left at level 60, restrictions and rules have to exist.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★

As low as they decided to tune the difficulty for this, I think it's fine. There are probably a lot of skilled uc players who can complete or even explore this.

What they should have done imo is make the difficulty less accessible and more appropriate for the average cavalier, then lock it behind the cav title.

I'm still a bit disappointed with this, but thinking about it I'm actually glad for all the people who can grab what is essentially free rewards.
    I don't think we can judge what is the difficulty level until we are in the final week. Whilst I agree during week 1 skilled U/C players can absolutely complete this 100%, that may not be the case for weeks 2/3/4. I am expecting the level of difficulty to go up and only once I have seen that difficulty can we judge if this is cav or not and if the rewards are relevant related to the difficulty. I for one can see an 80k Sasquatch ambush coming our way in week 4 which terrify's me given my HT is only R4 lol.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Dart1981 said:

As low as they decided to tune the difficulty for this, I think it's fine. There are probably a lot of skilled uc players who can complete or even explore this.

What they should have done imo is make the difficulty less accessible and more appropriate for the average cavalier, then lock it behind the cav title.

I'm still a bit disappointed with this, but thinking about it I'm actually glad for all the people who can grab what is essentially free rewards.
    I don't think we can judge what is the difficulty level until we are in the final week. Whilst I agree during week 1 skilled U/C players can absolutely complete this 100%, that may not be the case for weeks 2/3/4. I am expecting the level of difficulty to go up and only once I have seen that difficulty can we judge if this is cav or not and if the rewards are relevant related to the difficulty. I for one can see an 80k Sasquatch ambush coming our way in week 4 which terrify's me given my HT is only R4 lol.
    I think we will only be getting the 50k Sasquatch during an ambush through all four weeks. He i s the equivalent of what week 4 boss will look like.
  • L3X85L3X85 Posts: 13
    All is fine and well, just a bit shocked (had to quit even) when brought some different champs on an epic path and got 1st ambush by a 28k Sasquatch - when everyone is 10-15k - and got smashed :lol: . Isn't that a bit too much though? :neutral:
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 303 ★★
    edited July 2020
    I don't like the choice of nodes. Having a "invulnerable to damage unless attacker has 3 buffs" is fine in a story quest that's never going anywhere but as of now you deny me part of the prize unless I drop a correct champion of a high enough * rating and rank him up to a decent level within a month. Kabam pls.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    IRQ said:

I don't like the choice of nodes. Having a "invulnerable to damage unless attacker has 3 buffs" is fine in a story quest that's never going anywhere but as of now you deny me part of the prize unless I drop a correct champion of a high enough * rating and rank him up to a decent level within a month. Kabam pls.

I'm on the fence on that one. The difficulty target for Canadian difficulty is very roughly Cavalier players, and fair or not Cavalier and Act 6 in general all but requires well developed 5* and higher roster. So asking a player who enters Canadian difficulty to have one or more champs that can proc three or more buffs doesn't seem to be an excessively high requirement to me. More importantly the requirement doesn't require off the wall champs people wouldn't rank up ordinarily just to get past it. Venom is the overwhelmingly obvious choice for those paths and he's a strong rank up candidate. Colossus wouldn't get the power gain but he can deal damage and is also a strong rank up candidate. Hyperion also works. I imagine Venom the Duck can work, Crossbones should work, and I believe Captain Marvel Movie should work also. I'm not sure how many options there are that are workable, but I do know there are a number of them that are high value rank up options that aren't just useful in that circumstance alone.

There's another bit of debate to consider. Some players want every fight to be doable with any champ, even if it is excessively difficult. But the flip side to that is if you make content like that, then many of the players who do not have optimal counters (or lack the requisite skill) will feel compelled to spend past the content. And then we get the problem of players claiming the rewards do not match the cost of the content, when the intent was never to have players spend ludicrous amounts to complete the content. There is a legitimate argument to be made that sometimes the game should straight up tell players that if they aren't ready to do it, don't bother spending to try, to prevent players from feeling pressured into spending more than they should.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

IRQ said:

I'm on the fence on that one. The difficulty target for Canadian difficulty is very roughly Cavalier players, and fair or not Cavalier and Act 6 in general all but requires well developed 5* and higher roster. So asking a player who enters Canadian difficulty to have one or more champs that can proc three or more buffs doesn't seem to be an excessively high requirement to me. More importantly the requirement doesn't require off the wall champs people wouldn't rank up ordinarily just to get past it. Venom is the overwhelmingly obvious choice for those paths and he's a strong rank up candidate. Colossus wouldn't get the power gain but he can deal damage and is also a strong rank up candidate. Hyperion also works. I imagine Venom the Duck can work, Crossbones should work, and I believe Captain Marvel Movie should work also. I'm not sure how many options there are that are workable, but I do know there are a number of them that are high value rank up options that aren't just useful in that circumstance alone.

There's another bit of debate to consider. Some players want every fight to be doable with any champ, even if it is excessively difficult. But the flip side to that is if you make content like that, then many of the players who do not have optimal counters (or lack the requisite skill) will feel compelled to spend past the content. And then we get the problem of players claiming the rewards do not match the cost of the content, when the intent was never to have players spend ludicrous amounts to complete the content. There is a legitimate argument to be made that sometimes the game should straight up tell players that if they aren't ready to do it, don't bother spending to try, to prevent players from feeling pressured into spending more than they should.
    I took 4* silver surfer r5, 5* hyperion r4, and capiw just in case that damn squatch showed up. And i 100% the map. I didnt like that node set up personally. But it was manageable once i figured out my counters.

Im not stoked on the squatch ambushes. 60k pi and that regen he gets is really hard to out power. I know the rewards equal high risk but i found i wasnt able to take an optimal tema to have fun with i was constantly dreading that middle spot in between fights cause i had some trouble with sasquatch. But i think overall its a great jumping off point for cavalier difficulty. I know it needs to be a challenge but id like the regen turned down a touch or maybe like 50k pi and little lower hp. But im excited for the next map! I think kabam has made some huge strides the last month and im really getting back into the game. And i was annoyed with my alli and considering quitting a few weeks ago. So its awesome i get to keep playing!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    Figured out a little trick, if you get ambushed by sasquatch on Canadian and dont wanna mess with him, just back out and start over. The ambush is random. Even if you take the same path, hes not guaranteed to be there.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 303 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

IRQ said:

Yes, but that's my problem exactly. I have none of those. Best I can do is Aegon, who needs to eat an enemy combo and sacrifice 1/3 of his health for a couple of seconds of damage dealing. I admit I'm not Cavalier tier yet but since I could do the other paths with no difficulties, it feels exactly like what you described it shouldn't be - a cash grab road block. Of a "spend to get what you need" variety instead of forcing your way through with revs but still, and the 4th July deal being around with a lot of shards involved just makes it more prominent.
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    I feeling same as I must agree with losing part of rewards because have not required champions. But I hope till end of event I found someone who can help me to go through.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Don’t see the issue with buffed up tbh... it’s not like you then also have to fight a sym supreme aswell as dealing with buffed up.
    There’s plenty of counters to the path if you’re willing to look past the same old 5-10 champs.
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    When's the next one coming out
  • Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36

Hey All,

And most likely you'll have a lot of trouble.
    Why buddy? Why you think so ??
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Numan said:

10am PST
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    Hendross said:

Numan said:

10am PST
    It's already been like 45 mins
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Numan said:

Hendross said:

Numan said:

10am PST
    It's already been like 45 mins
    On Wednesday
  • randomgeneratedrandomgenerated Posts: 96
    edited July 2020
    Nvm
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I don't see quest 2. Am I missing something?

I came for the same reason, this is gonna get me my second 6*
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Isn’t week 2 coming today?