**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Diary Aftermath: Who fits which category?

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
So one of the biggest surprises for me was the strike team being established to help bring older champs into the current meta. So going off of their descriptions and categories, which champ do you feel belongs in which category?

The idea is twofold as we can offer some possible suggestions to the Strike Team and see where we the community feel about the champs and gauge on how much work needs to be done to their respective kits.

As a reminder their criteria is as follows:

"We’ve carved out a strike-team who will focus entirely on Champion Tune-Ups. What this means in English is that we’re going through the whole roster, and we’re putting all the Champs into 4 categories: 

Balanced – Champions that are “Good Enough for Now”, or better.

Tune-Up – No ability changes just tuning up numbers (Torch or Sentry)

Update – Numbers and Minor Ability Changes but largely the same kit (a la Red Hulk, or Carnage)

Overhaul – Whole new kit time. (Think Hulkbuster or Colossus)"

Please feel free to include a suggestion of what improvements could be added, if any.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Update - Captain America. Just buff his damage! That’s it! He’ll be fine then!
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Think a straight damage increase would come under ‘tune up’.

Personally for an update I’d love to see:
    -Civil warrior(better damage, unevadable/power burn on 4th Light attack ala IMIW as it’s a point blank repulsor blast, improved offensive abilities based on number of armour up effects, basically make him more than a poor mans vision).
    -Crossbones (even something as simple as doing a specific attack combo triggers over run instead of dashing back and holding block)

An Overhaul to Netflix Daredevil would be awesome as he already has the ability to ignore most invisibility affects.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I'd say smth like that

Overhaul - dpxf, im, sim, og spidy, miles, groot, cyclops, iron patriot, agent venom, jugs, rhino, og cap
    Update - karnak, ragna thor, iron fist, bpcw, dd, moon knight, og storm, ultron, unstoppable Colossus, green goblin, symb spidy, cable, elektra, drax, abomination, og cpt marvel
    Tune-Up - dorm, psylock, red skull, rogue, terrax, phoenix, civil warrior, maybe crossbones and mephisto - they need just a little tweaking to be really good. Hopefully ebony mow again

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Well since cyclops is fine I imagine not many aren’t fine
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I'll go with overhauls only, I think the other 2 are a lot more subjective.

Overhauls Needed:
    Beast
    Captain Marvel (OG)
    Cyclops (both)
    Daredevil (netflix)
    Deadpool XForce
    Groot
    Ironfist (both)
    Ironman (OG)
    Iron Patriot
    Karnak
    Magneto (both)
    Moonknight
    Ms Marvel
    Kamala Khan
    Punisher
    Superior Ironman
    Vulture
    War Machine
    Yondu

Edit: removed Antman, he probably just needs an Update
    Aleor said:

I'd say smth like that

Overhaul - dpxf, im, sim, og spidy, miles, groot, cyclops, iron patriot, agent venom, jugs, rhino, og cap
    Update - karnak, ragna thor, iron fist, bpcw, dd, moon knight, og storm, ultron, unstoppable Colossus, green goblin, symb spidy, cable, elektra, drax, abomination, og cpt marvel
    Tune-Up - dorm, psylock, red skull, rogue, terrax, phoenix, civil warrior, maybe crossbones and mephisto - they need just a little tweaking to be really good. Hopefully ebony mow again

Rogue doesn’t need a tune up, works just fine.

I'll go with overhauls only, I think the other 2 are a lot more subjective.

Overhauls Needed:
    Beast
    Captain Marvel (OG)
    Cyclops (both)
    Daredevil (netflix)
    Deadpool XForce
    Groot
    Ironfist (both)
    Ironman (OG)
    Iron Patriot
    Karnak
    Magneto (both)
    Moonknight
    Ms Marvel
    Kamala Khan
    Punisher
    Superior Ironman
    Vulture
    War Machine
    Yondu

Edit: removed Antman, he probably just needs an Update

kamala doesn’t need an overhaul
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

Think a straight damage increase would come under ‘tune up’.

Personally for an update I’d love to see:
    -Civil warrior(better damage, unevadable/power burn on 4th Light attack ala IMIW as it’s a point blank repulsor blast, improved offensive abilities based on number of armour up effects, basically make him more than a poor mans vision).
    -Crossbones (even something as simple as doing a specific attack combo triggers over run instead of dashing back and holding block)

An Overhaul to Netflix Daredevil would be awesome as he already has the ability to ignore most invisibility affects.
    Honestly, I think an update can cover DD(Netflix) pretty well. Buff the potency of armour break and/or buff the damage per armour break, maybe increase crit rating on the precision. I think the kit's okay enough if it had better numbers. But he needs some more utility, which is why I think an update would be more appropriate.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Aleor said:

I'd say smth like that

Rogue doesn’t need a tune up, works just fine.
    She just doesn't have any damage and her buff steal refresh period is way too short - some champs have sps almost as long. Like her too much, would love to not use other champs because of how much better they are
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    overhaul: CYCLOPS!
    Daredevil (netflix)
    Deadpool XForce
    Groot
    Ironfist
    all iron men(inculding IP and war machine, exculding IMIW)
    Karnak
    Magneto (both)
    Moonknight
    tune up - P99
    update: civil warrior, drax, UC, OG CM, both ms.marvels, spidey og, sym spidey