**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

Why can’t u not use void u can. Just a slow fight
    My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.
    Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.
    couldn't you also use guilly or xbones, as well as an offensive flow champ that would stop the flow power gain, plus ghost with hood? or am i missing something?
    Can use G99 but can't keep her built. A lot of the other champs might be able to slow down the power gain, but their inbuilt abilities are directly removed. Magik becomes useless as far as I see. A lot of Warlock's damage is removed unless you keep baiting heavy and intercept with yours to reach a special after a long time. Xbones doesn't have a lot of use vs mystics. Again limits you to G99 and HT. Can't throw any specials with Ghost again if I'm not mistaken. I don't use her, so wouldn't know, but is her damage enough without suicides to use no specials?
    Also you're missing the point. The idea of flow was that you're able to stop the stacks if you party/well timed block. They removed that partially on window of opportunity. Limiting the champs used or changing playstyle. Sucks, but still somewhat okay. Now, they remove that entire possibility of removing flow unless you have a champ that is a flow champ and somehow heavy intercept continuously to stop it or use HT/G99. Makes some of the flow counters useless. Why limit an already limited pool of champs to counter the global?
    Why would anyone use ghost without suicides? and why wouldn't you use specials? A lot of champs can also heavy counter, and i believe all champs can heavy counter in the corner.
    It's polka dot power as well. Isn't that the one where you can't gain any power unless you put DoT on the opponent? How would Ghost use specials? Unless her miss ability counts. And not everyone who isn't at the top runs Suicides whether they use Corvus/Ghost. Stunning Reflection is a direct counter to flow in general. There is no point of part of flow which says you can stop power gain will well timed blocks. So most non flow attackers get screwed on the spot.
    U can always take of parry. So u don’t tigger stun
    unfortunately no parry = no dex but ya for some fights that would be worth it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

How do you face a flow champ on stunning reflection and polka dot power? Can't use Void, can't use Magik. Throw mojo or Magik there and watch the fun. Basically you need HT and even invul boost won't save you. Nice work Kabam. Made the node even worse than it was. Literally killed most of the counters to champs there.

My bad. Can use, but you might time out. No way of stopping flow using him until you get the Petrify. A lot of counters to Flow champs were just nerfed.
    Well can’t u just quack that node to no sure if quack shut down the node with the concussion
    Not sure tbh. Good choice. Might work. Still limits the champs even more. I might have been a bit hasty, but the combination is still really messed up. Not an improvement from the last iteration. Can't use CG, not sure if Dusa will shut down the entire node or not. Magik won't work. Can't build G99 on that node for future fights as well. And won't be able to power control using her if I'm right. Can't shock with Warlock or armour break. Basically made it such that only 2-3 champs can deal with it.
    couldn't you also use guilly or xbones, as well as an offensive flow champ that would stop the flow power gain, plus ghost with hood? or am i missing something?
    Can use G99 but can't keep her built. A lot of the other champs might be able to slow down the power gain, but their inbuilt abilities are directly removed. Magik becomes useless as far as I see. A lot of Warlock's damage is removed unless you keep baiting heavy and intercept with yours to reach a special after a long time. Xbones doesn't have a lot of use vs mystics. Again limits you to G99 and HT. Can't throw any specials with Ghost again if I'm not mistaken. I don't use her, so wouldn't know, but is her damage enough without suicides to use no specials?
    Also you're missing the point. The idea of flow was that you're able to stop the stacks if you party/well timed block. They removed that partially on window of opportunity. Limiting the champs used or changing playstyle. Sucks, but still somewhat okay. Now, they remove that entire possibility of removing flow unless you have a champ that is a flow champ and somehow heavy intercept continuously to stop it or use HT/G99. Makes some of the flow counters useless. Why limit an already limited pool of champs to counter the global?
    Why would anyone use ghost without suicides? and why wouldn't you use specials? A lot of champs can also heavy counter, and i believe all champs can heavy counter in the corner.
    It's polka dot power as well. Isn't that the one where you can't gain any power unless you put DoT on the opponent? How would Ghost use specials? Unless her miss ability counts. And not everyone who isn't at the top runs Suicides whether they use Corvus/Ghost. Stunning Reflection is a direct counter to flow in general. There is no point of part of flow which says you can stop power gain will well timed blocks. So most non flow attackers get screwed on the spot.
    U can always take of parry. So u don’t tigger stun
    unfortunately no parry = no dex but ya for some fights that would be worth it
    Yes Ikow also means no limber I’m really disliking the change for parry because of this node. There or marking
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    OK we seen some good moves , now we need to check how it will work. Don't see any reason to complain at the moment.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    Looks like some really good changes. Let’s see how they interact with Flow/Siphon/Stubborn
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

Hey everybody,

Last week, we asked for your feedback on the Nodes Combinations that you thought were particularly troubling, or more difficult than others. While we want to keep Alliance Wars challenging and always evolving, our intention was not to raise the difficulty level.

We've revised the nodes in Blue. These will be going live tomorrow, July 1st.

What is the node Schadenfreude? @Kabam Miike
  • Chawi79Chawi79 Posts: 27
    Schadenfreude: Each time attackers is inflicted with any debuff, The Defender gains a fury buff granting 240% attack rating for 8 seconds. This fury doesn't stack multiple times.

Found it via Google
  • og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80
    It looks like they really nerfed that node 23 tho along with ebb flow
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    og_steele said:

It looks like they really nerfed that node 23 tho along with ebb flow

I’m happy for node 23 that mean u Alest can progress before if u didn’t get it down no way to get furture in the mode manye a bit to much neft mix master stil gone be a pain
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    I also updated the four maps I made: https://imgur.com/gallery/608pnTj
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    walkerdog said:

Speeds80 said:

Here’s the rub
    T12 30m alliance Playing for these measly rewards

60% of the way through and already 32 deaths per alliance, I’ve used most of my glory on pots this week because I lead my bg, and am obligated to help with the harder nodes. Cost does not equal reward

Go itemless in the offseason! Learn from the nodes but don't feel you have to finish the map.

Also, maybe if the game is strictly matching by war rating you'll get some matchups in the season that... are a little more in your favor too.
    Yeah man totally agree it’s what I’ve been telling my alliance, they just still feel pressured and have had a few leave over the frustration when a bg member asks why they died (on path 9) just like I feel pressure to revive when my swipebacks on path 9 keep parrying (timing on that swipe has changed this month keep triggering parries in the game when I’m not trying to, which up until path 9 hasn’t been a big problem) I know what I should do, but tapping out halfway through the map when you have been the designated boss killer in your bg all season is hard.
    I am 100% looking forward to the new matchmaking system we’ve had alliance members with second accounts in 14m alliances place higher than us in the season who we would absolutely demolish if we got to face them, there is going to be a big rebalance and a lot of complaining from those smaller alliances who are now going to have to face the vet alliances with 5/65 defenders like mine but who have never pushed too hard at war, and sit at 1500 war rating. things are looking up for some easy matchups this season and the alliances that buy wins are welcome to do that, I won’t be caught in the same trap
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    RC51 said:

I also updated the four maps I made: https://imgur.com/gallery/608pnTj

This is awesome... Thanks!!
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike stubborn is wrong in tier 1?
    I thought the update meant to change it to 1 indestructible passive only? Instead it’s 2???
    joke1004 said:

@Kabam Miike stubborn is wrong in tier 1?
    I thought the update meant to change it to 1 indestructible passive only? Instead it’s 2???

It’s a bug, it will be 1
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Uhm hello what is that? 2 charges?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

you are overhyping it a bit. you can for sure use g2099. First off why do you want to make sure to charge her for the next fight atleast get this one done
    even so she puts so many degen debuffs if anyone can get to sp3 its her for sure.
    I read 12% of a bar of power thats not too bad considering how many debuffs she puts out
    Degen isn't a DoT. Doubt that counts. Also, I said that you can use her. Read the posts after. Just sucks that you can't build her for next ones at all. It's a silly combination of nodes when you include flow.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

you are overhyping it a bit. you can for sure use g2099. First off why do you want to make sure to charge her for the next fight atleast get this one done
    even so she puts so many degen debuffs if anyone can get to sp3 its her for sure.
    I read 12% of a bar of power thats not too bad considering how many debuffs she puts out
    Degen isn't a DoT. Doubt that counts. Also, I said that you can use her. Read the posts after. Just sucks that you can't build her for next ones at all. It's a silly combination of nodes when you include flow.
    Her degen IS a DoT.
    Well that's a good thing to know. Atleast can use her then for future fights. Stand corrected there. Still doesn't make it a node that directly doesn't counter what they've been wanting to do with war the entire time. Just by adding a global, you can see how broken it is that it barely allows champs to work. Unless obviously you keep changing masteries to remove and put them back in.
    They say one thing in their roadmaps and it's still in the other direction that they go.
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    So lame you can't edit older posts. Anyway, I updated the four maps I made and added four more, which are Spanish translations: https://imgur.com/gallery/608pnTj
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Uhm hello what is that? 2 charges?

Yeah...gonna need an answer on that one.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    Stunning reflection with Flow! It's still there. Goodbye war. I don't want to waste items on stupid Mojo or Dora fighting only with magik all the time @Kabam Miike

Stunning reflection with Flow! It's still there. Goodbye war. I don't want to waste items on stupid Mojo or Dora fighting only with magik all the time @Kabam Miike

You can use a non crit champ like guilly, she totally shuts it down

amazing job, you just entirely killed Ghost and Quake, who is the next? Corvus and Doom I guess?

I was told many many times flow killed corvus