**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

Stunning reflection with Flow! It's still there. Goodbye war. I don't want to waste items on stupid Mojo or Dora fighting only with magik all the time @Kabam Miike

Yeah, also one of the minis.
    ugly design
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

amazing job, you just entirely killed Ghost and Quake, who is the next? Corvus and Doom I guess?

I was told many many times flow killed corvus
    Not entirely, with proper boost you still can play Corvus against flow, but it's very expensive.
    But quake against Stubborn, she is dead I'm afraid.
    And Ghost.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

amazing job, you just entirely killed Ghost and Quake, who is the next? Corvus and Doom I guess?

I was told many many times flow killed corvus
    Not entirely, with proper boost you still can play Corvus against flow, but it's very expensive.
    But quake against Stubborn, she is dead I'm afraid.
    Well just take a blok hits before the aftershock. And should be find
    The Stubborn global node is clearly an attack on Ghost and Quake players by the developers in my opinion. Why are Defender Tactics even still in the game after all the negative feedback? That's another discussion though. I'm really not happy about the idea of character bans in content via global node. At least with local nodes and path identities, you still have the ability to pick and choose which attackers will be successful for which paths or encounters, but when you use global nodes to ban attackers from an entire map.. it feels oppressive and controlling. Like our choices are being removed from us. After reading the roadmaps recently, I thought that restrictive content was something we were moving away from. Yet, here we are, business as usual.

I didn't use Quake or Ghost for a long time in AW because I was on path 7 (hidden nodes). I was using the same attackers over and over. It was getting stale. Usually Omega/Sabre and a third depending on common fights/minis/boss. I personally found Omega to be one of the safest options for hidden fights. So that's who I brought...every time.

With the removal of hidden nodes, I was excited at the prospect of being able to choose to bring whoever I wanted to attack. Depending on whatever my new path would be and the matchups. Freedom to use champs I want to use, not champs I need to use. And yes, I want the option to use Quake or Ghost sometimes. As well as the rest of the roster I've worked hard to build over years of playing the game. Those two champs in particular, take a ton of time investment to learn how to use them effectively. Please stop telling us who we can and cannot use via global nodes. As I said, you've already released plenty of counter champs and local nodes in an attempt to change the meta. Banning champs via global nodes is going to far.

Don't worry, players will still buy your new champions on their own (as long as they are useful and designed well). You don't need to try to force us to stop using our older champions to accomplish this. We want to use all of them, old and new.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Oh man. Offseason is still Flow. I was so hoping they would change or delete it bc its just so boring to play against. 1-2 look how many crits you had. Back of parry. 1-2 bait a Special. This is so bad. Everybody hates it (95% at least) just remove it. Or you know. Make the attacker tactic usefull. Bc if its doing nothing.
  • Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    There’s some horrible new nodes combined with flow again... season 3 of flow wars it is, stubborn doesn’t even seem that bad if you’re not using quake or ghost but that’s another story. Attacker tactics seem like a joke don’t help in anyway on 50% of the nodes certainly the flow one, all you’ve done is make siphon a pointless tactic now
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Man that window of opportunity - stun node is a real punisher. Brought a 6* R3 into war and they were out in 5 seconds.Maybe tune down the length of the stun to 2 seconds instead of 4? That’s two full combos you have to eat, and at 6k+ attack you’re not surviving that.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    @Amazing_Demon05 did you even read what I said? I don't have her, so didn't know that her Degen was a DoT. I admitted I was wrong and that you could use her. Read the post first lol.
    Also, yay! You found a counter to the node that not everyone may have. Good for you. Every node will obviously have a counter. But limiting it to barely any solid counter in war especially isn't fun.
  • VvF2015VvF2015 Posts: 13
    I find new AW Map totally exaggerated and frustrating. No desire to gamble.
  • VvF2015VvF2015 Posts: 13
    In any case, reward should be better. Because:
    The new AW Map is totally exaggerated and frustrating. No desire to gamble.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

@Amazing_Demon05 did you even read what I said? I don't have her, so didn't know that her Degen was a DoT. I admitted I was wrong and that you could use her. Read the post first lol.
    Also, yay! You found a counter to the node that not everyone may have. Good for you. Every node will obviously have a counter. But limiting it to barely any solid counter in war especially isn't fun.

you say "stand corrected there" which now you say oh I am wrong
    be clear on what you mean or learn how to write it in that way

If you think that because I didn't write 'I', then you may not know how to infer stuff.
    I also wrote that you could use her from the start. I just said that you couldn't build her again, which I'm wrong about.
    Keeping flow as well as now adding new nodes which remove and even punish the mechanic intended to play around it with skill (well timed blocks) helps promote new characters who don't crit. "Identify a problem, create a solution" is a traditional method for success in business. "Create a problem, offer a solution" also works I reckon. Or in this case .08% chance at a solution per crystal. There's also an anti-crit modifier being released in AQ. 🤔

Throw an anti Quake mechanic into his kit for bonus points, ey?
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited July 2020
    More and more ridiculous, a tactical defense node that if you give dexterity the opponent gains indestructible, they want to avoid Quake and with that they screw everyone ...The thing, which already has a rock shield, 2 more indestructible for your dexterity ... I stop here, I don't claim anymore
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Outside of the nodes and tactics, has there been any sort of response relating to the terrible rewards update for P4 down. I think that it is very unfair to completely ignore and not address the situation at all, even just to simply say "we are not adjusting the rewards for S19 and look to an update for S20). We will be dropping down to a 1BG alliance if this stays as is.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Still 50 kills each side in tier 11. Just not sure it’s sustainable design, when the other team use items and boss kill it means we have to to compete, “our intention was not to raise the difficulty of wars” tier 11 for 30m alliances I admit was too easy, but I think it’s still a touch hard, 50 kills is about what we got all season last season, again we are fighting for a few hundred 5* shards, everyone can keep saying don’t use items but if we use them and win and don’t use them and lose it puts a lot of pressure on alliances to use them, and pressure their members to do so
  • Smorganism_2Smorganism_2 Posts: 52
    Been playing this game for 5 years, and have been leading my Alliance for much of that time.

I’ve not sure I’ve ever seen so many disheartened players in this game talking about quitting at one time.

Since this “improved” war map has landed I have had more of my players either retire, take a break or talk openly about quitting if the nodes aren’t nerfed, than I’ve ever encountered before. And I’m taking about players with 10k prestige and stacked rosters.

No one wants to max out items each war and spend all their glory on resources to win wars that give you such petty rewards in comparison.

Kabam, you are silently losing thousands of your core players in droves at the moment.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    The neft map is really okay