**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bring back the old war or I'm likely quitting

2»

Comments

• What happened to all the 'war was such a money grab with the tough nodes and lousy reward, I'm gonna quit' comments? So now war is easier and still people complain... There's just no satisfying everyone
  • Why do people come here advertising they're going to quit?
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    its free rewards quit crying

Ok here is my issue. "It's free rewards" rewards for what? I use same team in aq nearly every time. 2 rank 4 5* and 1 5/50 4*. I have ample max champs to run any quest that has come out. I have more then enough champs to pick and choose an attack team for war based on path. So why do I need more champs to rank up anymore? War was an area of the game that presented interestinnb challenges and still provided motivation to rank up certain champs either for defense or to handle certain nodes in attack. Now........

I am suppossed to be motivated to play a boring map against easy champs for free rewards so I can attain shards to crystals for future champs I don't need while wasting resources to rank champs I don't want?

Here's a little snippet I'm sure will ring a bell for most.....

Player 1 "Hey guys, which champ should I rank up"?
    Player 2 " well, do you need a champ to help in story quest, or for AW"?
    Player 1 "I have SQ covered, need more muscle for AW"
    Player 2 " nice, then definitely rank up......."

One More.
    " hey guys, check out my new defense team for AW"!!
    "Heck ya, congrats, awesome lineup"!!

And I had a thought about the feelings of those that stated AW was too difficult or catered to only a handful of champs. Could node "scrambling" be possibly a way to mix it up a bit? So as not to have complementing nodes always in the mini boss tiles, or near the end of the map. Needs more detail, but I was thinking that would be kind of interesting.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    WOK wrote: »

Ok here is my issue. "It's free rewards" rewards for what? I use same team in aq nearly every time. 2 rank 4 5* and 1 5/50 4*. I have ample max champs to run any quest that has come out. I have more then enough champs to pick and choose an attack team for war based on path. So why do I need more champs to rank up anymore? War was an area of the game that presented interestinnb challenges and still provided motivation to rank up certain champs either for defense or to handle certain nodes in attack. Now........

I am suppossed to be motivated to play a boring map against easy champs for free rewards so I can attain shards to crystals for future champs I don't need while wasting resources to rank champs I don't want?

Here's a little snippet I'm sure will ring a bell for most.....

Player 1 "Hey guys, which champ should I rank up"?
    Player 2 " well, do you need a champ to help in story quest, or for AW"?
    Player 1 "I have SQ covered, need more muscle for AW"
    Player 2 " nice, then definitely rank up......."

One More.
    " hey guys, check out my new defense team for AW"!!
    "Heck ya, congrats, awesome lineup"!!

And I had a thought about the feelings of those that stated AW was too difficult or catered to only a handful of champs. Could node "scrambling" be possibly a way to mix it up a bit? So as not to have complementing nodes always in the mini boss tiles, or near the end of the map. Needs more detail, but I was thinking that would be kind of interesting.

Look, if they want to make "diversity" a thing, then they should have every tile somehow benefit a different champ. Maybe they think they did that...there's only so much you can do for spidergwen...
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Alliances should be punished for bringing in the same champs. Many complained about mystics, spidermans,nc's...etc. This is the solution and I think it was a great change.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Alliances should be punished for bringing in the same champs. Many complained about mystics, spidermans,nc's...etc. This is the solution and I think it was a great change.

this so called "solution" is an awful/lazy change, as it removes the main skill factor of alliance war.

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Besides the point system, I like this AW a lot better. Way easier to clear lanes without spending a ton
  • FAL7EN wrote: »

Get better at the game imo. It's supposed to be difficult

The problem with your position though is that there are clearly 4 types of champs:
    1. Attack
    2. Defender
    3. Good for both (small number)
    4. Bad for everything (quite a big number)

Thus, they have forced us to bow spend limited resources building up category number 4. Are you excited about spending t4ccs on spider Gwen or she hulk so your alliance has a war advantage? I'm not. But that's what this change does.

Out of curiosity, how many wars have you guys won since the new scoring method? We are 3-0 but I hate it. With a passion.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★

ill tell you whats boring.. the old map fighting nothing but jugs, hypieron, spidey, nc, and magik... that was boring
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★

Perfectly said. War was the motivation to rank up champs. They utterly ruined it, took all of our fun away. Literally EVERY OTHER part of the game is a grind to get war champions for the majority of the player base. They took that away..

spend your resources on the best attack squad then or good 5 star champs
    chunkyb wrote: »

Get better at the game imo. It's supposed to be difficult
    Lol who said anything about the difficulty? Read what I said again.

You want so called difficult again? Sure let Kabam implement op nodes again to satisfy this for you...I have no problem with it....Defender diversity needs to stay the same though.

ill tell you whats boring.. the old map fighting nothing but jugs, hypieron, spidey, nc, and magik... that was boring

But facing spider Gwen, luke cage, iron patriot, Ronan, old man Logan, winter soldier, captain America, and daredevil on tiles with 75% health plus crit rate boost is fun and interactive?

Kabam is turning war into aq map 3 difficulty level.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

I am one of those that HATE Spidey, NC, sig99 Magik with a passion and always got my ass handed to me. But never once had I thought my opponents should be "punished" for having difficult to beat champs. Actually respected the fact that they were fortunate enough to have them, and looked forward to getting them myself one day, or others in our ally to dupe and rank up theirs. IMO, to think they should be punished is akin to an athlete being punished for having a better training regiment.
    WOK wrote: »

I am one of those that HATE Spidey, NC, sig99 Magik with a passion and always got my ass handed to me. But never once had I thought my opponents should be "punished" for having difficult to beat champs. Actually respected the fact that they were fortunate enough to have them, and looked forward to getting them myself one day, or others in our ally to dupe and rank up theirs. IMO, to think they should be punished is akin to an athlete being punished for having a better training regiment.
    Not punished for having good champs nothing's wrong with that. Having 10 of the same champ on defense is a problem. Alliances should be punished for doing this.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    There are peeps arguing that its too easy, there are peeps arguing that it used to be too hard.

The point is that all the grinding.... all the questing.... all the studying of masteries for hours.... it was all preparation for competition. It's certainly not for AQ where the best 30 guys get together, pad themselves on the back for having the highest prestige and say they were #1. While that gives them tools to better their roster and maintain that number 1 spot.... doesn't make them better. It's not for arena. Some guy on the leaderboard already has 10 featured arena wins. Whoever sleeps the least wins?

Free rewards? For what? I mean, what is the point of the game if you are not preparing yourself for competition vs others? Do we really want a scoring system where 2 organized alliances come up and it comes down to the guy who has the most of thanos kang red deadpool, IIF and LoL ultron win by default? That is what the scoring system is setup to do. I'm fine with the lanes being easier to clear, but I only want a "tiebreaker" (diversity) to truly be a tiebreaker. I think people are still dying a few times along the way. Both teams died ZERO times.... ok here is the tiebreaker. As it stands in current setup, diversity is pretty much the deciding factor.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I can't even do the T4b arena, lost all interest like many people I know. Why do you do the things you do

@SmokinSurfer it's people like you that make Kabam unable to win, whinge and cry about hard wars/nodes... threaten to quit when it's made easier.

Just do one, your never gonna be pleased.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    10 million alliance lost 3. I have lost a lot of interest also. Over 2 years of playing 490k account. Just log off and on during the day have not even finished heroic when I am usually done with the monthly quest by now and have not even thought about doing this t4b arena.
  • Closing this thread down, as it's not constructive and there are multiple other threads open in the forums on this topic. Please post in an already open discussion, constructively, to share your feedback.

Opening additional threads on a topic already being discussed, just serves to clutter the forums.
This discussion has been closed.