**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: A Contest Evolved

Summoners!

We're coming to the end of our series of 4 Dev Diaries on the Future of the Contest, and we're ready to go out with a bang! Get ready for a glimpse into the far future of The Contest of Champions!

This Dev Diary not only covers some improvements to Arenas and Incursions, but will also give you a first look at some features and systems that are still in their Prototyping and early design phase. As a reminder, all information in our Dev Diaries is subject to change as they develop further, but that is especially true of this one!

You're gonna have a lot of questions about some of the features that are far in the future, but we're not going to have many answers yet. That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask or discuss them, just that you might not get a response from us on them.

So, without further adieu, read about the future in our latest post, A Contest Evolved!

UPDATE:
Hey Summoners, we're hearing a lot of questions about the lack of an update on Masteries in the Roadmap. This is intentional, but we haven't forgotten about it.

As some of you had brought up, we had plans for a Mastery revamp featured in one of Dorky Diggedy Dave's videos earlier in the year. Unfortunately, while we had it planned, it didn't pass one of our design gates, preventing it from going any further.

Like you, we want to update Masteries and while it seems simple on the surface there are a lot of challenges in changing something that affects every Champion and fight in the game. BUT, we are working on it and we'll get a proper Dev Diary out about it when the time is right. We know it's important to you, as it is to us, that's why we want to get it right and we're looking forward to sharing more on that soon!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    yee first
    I'll edit when I read
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Just an arena suggestion: once you hit uncollected, maybe have the phc shards switch to Grandmaster shards?

And maybe if uncollected is a bit low atleast let us get these at cavalier level
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

Tag teams sound a bit like Injustice: GAU to me, but it got me interested.

Reminds me of the old X-Men/Marvel vs Street Fighter/Capcom games.
  • GardoshGardosh Posts: 75
    phil56201 said:

All these changes are looking great, but my most anticipated change, and said to be coming in the interview with Dorky Dave, is multiple mastery builds that we could toggle through. Are these not happening any more?

I'm very curious about this as well. Really hoping to see this happen.

However, I am very excited about all the announcements and the future of the game. Thanks for all the updates!
  • Ranger_DangerRanger_Danger Posts: 4
    Nothing on updating arena milestone rewards?
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★

• RaToniiiRaToniii Posts: 20
    All I can say it's those three words: GOOD JOB KABAM!
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Some pretty good stuff. Unless I missed it somehow, I see that arena rank rewards will improve, but will milestones rewards improve as well?
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    Okey seems interesting....arena has going through some work too that seems intresting...
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    The 3* arena change is the best thing out of all of these changes in my opinion.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Looks really cool. But as everyone said like the sunday arena has the the uncollected shard crystals. Let’s get a system like that where we replace the PHC for uncollected and above. Maybe grandmaster shards for milestones, or do first 3 milestones the shard crystals and then the final milestones grandmaster shards or just full crystals.

Looks really cool though.

Now on to bigger fish can’t wait to get dates for everyone from dev diary to today diary. All this is great but can’t wait for actual dates. Excited about the new raid bosses, the new solo events (22hr), the sig stone increase.

Thanks all! I know this took a lot of time to put in writing and even longer to be able to put in place.