**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    Hey All,

Thank you for all your feedback on the first week of Alliance Wars. We've written an update on what you can expect when you start Matchmaking again tomorrow here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/127553/#Comment_127553

Mike

can you tell us which version of AW you guys are planning on rolling out this current week please.

is it last weeks version of Diversity is done via Battle groups?

or where its alliance wide and the champs that are placed more than once still get diversity points?

or the version that you said in your original post, where you place champs and any champ that is doubled you do not get diversity for?

kind of important that we are told correct information this week please.
  • We lost by 100 points cause of diversity. We did it by the whole alliance and our opponent did it by bg. Totally unfair. We had more diverse champs overall and still lost cause of that bs. Kabam doesn't realize or care how this affects the player community. Where are our rewards. Oh wait, we lost cause of a bug. Thanks kabam.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    With this war release, expect to see some type of gear soon. They have managed to make spider Gwen as valuable or moreso than magik, as at least spider Gwen will get someone diversity points while the 6-10 magiks that will be in the boss cluster will all be worth about 12.5 points in diversity
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I think they made the right move. Every champ is valued as equals now, which is something the community wanted for years. Alliances should be punished for bringing all mystics, nc's, spiderman's.

Many who post here make up less than 1% of the people that play this game. I'm sure more than many outside of the forum like the new change. The positive outweigh the negative with this update.

you've got to be kidding. new AW, when both teams 100% (which is farrrr easier now), winning comes down to who has the most rare champions and highest PI placed .. has NOTHING to do with skill. this has made AW extremely boring/unsatisfying.

the majority of posts I've seen on forums/reddit/and via tons of different Line chats all feel similar about new unskilled/diversity roulette "wars", it's awful.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297

Voluntaris wrote: »
    I think they made the right move. Every champ is valued as equals now, which is something the community wanted for years. Alliances should be punished for bringing all mystics, nc's, spiderman's.

Many who post here make up less than 1% of the people that play this game. I'm sure more than many outside of the forum like the new change. The positive outweigh the negative with this update.

you've got to be kidding. new AW, when both teams 100% (which is farrrr easier now), winning comes down to who has the most rare champions and highest PI placed .. has NOTHING to do with skill. this has made AW extremely boring/unsatisfying.

the majority of posts I've seen on forums/reddit/and via tons of different Line chats all feel similar about new unskilled/diversity roulette "wars", it's awful.
    Keep defender diversity...Buff defender nodes....problem solved for all the whiners

• Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36

but the same people where also moaning about all the MD teams, i dont have this champ, i dont have that champ, they nerfed this champ.

This isnt a 12.0 change, its a change in the meta for Season 2 of AW. Live with it
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★

Keep defender diversity...Buff defender nodes....problem solved for all the whiners

The problem is not solved. The team with the higher rating and more diversity will still win in most cases. They will have bigger and stronger rosters that will win any exploration tie breaker with diversity and defender rating. They may have to use more items, but that doesn't matter, everyone will know who is stronger as soon as attack starts and will know using items is pointless if facing a stronger team.

I'm fine with keeping defender diversity, so long as they #BringBackDefenderKillPoints
    Sha59 wrote: »

but the same people where also moaning about all the MD teams, i dont have this champ, i dont have that champ, they nerfed this champ.

This isnt a 12.0 change, its a change in the meta for Season 2 of AW. Live with it

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints

Without defender kill points, AW is just another Alliance Quest with whoever has highest PI champs wins. It's a joke. Next to no skill/strategy involved.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Well here is my 2 cents from a member of a top 3 alliance in the game regarding the war changes. I really don't mind them but these changes were brought about by the community and the countless threads demanding change to AW. Let me explain how I have come to this conclusion.

1) My RNG sucks I have useless champ good for nothing in the game. This was a common thread on these forums, guess what that R3 5* hulkbuster is no longer useless even if he does not get defender kills cause he grants more defender rating then a 3/4* version.
    2) I am sick of the top alliances making shell alliances. This was also another common thread on these forums, well they have lowered the difficulty of the nodes so people no longer have to create shell alliances because the fight to 100% the map no longer costs more units then the rewards are worth (an equal work/reward ratio) and you can actually complete maps in the tier you should be in.
    3) the big alliances are fixing matchmaking to avoid each other. Another common complaint that is posted here quite often. Guess what with defender kills being removed, the map difficulty toned done to an equal reward/work ratio alliances no longer care about possibly missing a third war to avoid matchmaking each other. As an example MMX lost to A-H just recently (last night) so this new system can work in the under dogs favor if your smart.

So in conclusion you guys complain Kabam doesn't listen but in matter of fact this current abomination we now have called war is because they listened and tried to address all the Whitney self entitled children who frequent these forums. As the old saying goes "be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it".
  • Markjv81 wrote: »
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Maybe you should introduce attacker diversity, why is it ok to have attack teams full of voodoo, Gwenpool, AA, tech spidey and any of the other top 10-15 attackers but it's not ok to have defences full of magik, dorm, Hyperion, NC etc etc?

Diversity across an entire alliance is madness, instantly gives the maybe 20-30 alliances that have Thanos an advantage over everyone else.

Well, the difference is the Ally is not going up against your Attackers.

Thanks Einstein, still posting pointless **** after all this time.

Those attackers make beating the defence easier though yeah? Even a peanut like you should be able to work that out. Technical the ally is going against your attackers, you put your defenders to stop the attackers.

Normally I don't address people who speak to me that way. I'll dog that and address the subject.
    The problem that arose was not from people using the same Attackers. It was from BGs full of the same Champs. Attackers have nothing to do with the issue. People can use whoever they want for Attack and it doesn't make a difference to the Map. The Ally isn't fighting your Attackers. The whole point of Diversity is to encourage people to use a variety of Champs to fill the Map. Attackers have never been a problem.
    Sha59 wrote: »

So instead of fixing MD you want change the whole AW setup to be garbage. And Why should we have to live with a crappy system.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Grub wrote: »
    Well here is my 2 cents from a member of a top 3 alliance in the game regarding the war changes. I really don't mind them but these changes were brought about by the community and the countless threads demanding change to AW. Let me explain how I have come to this conclusion.

1) My RNG sucks I have useless champ good for nothing in the game. This was a common thread on these forums, guess what that R3 5* hulkbuster is no longer useless even if he does not get defender kills cause he grants more defender rating then a 3/4* version.
    2) I am sick of the top alliances making shell alliances. This was also another common thread on these forums, well they have lowered the difficulty of the nodes so people no longer have to create shell alliances because the fight to 100% the map no longer costs more units then the rewards are worth (an equal work/reward ratio) and you can actually complete maps in the tier you should be in.
    3) the big alliances are fixing matchmaking to avoid each other. Another common complaint that is posted here quite often. Guess what with defender kills being removed, the map difficulty toned done to an equal reward/work ratio alliances no longer care about possibly missing a third war to avoid matchmaking each other. As an example MMX lost to A-H just recently (last night) so this new system can work in the under dogs favor if your smart.

So in conclusion you guys complain Kabam doesn't listen but in matter of fact this current abomination we now have called war is because they listened and tried to address all the Whitney self entitled children who frequent these forums. As the old saying goes "be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it".

Interesting points.
  • Grub wrote: »

1) RNG sucks for many and HB sucks too. So there are many champs in game that are useless in offense or defense. So instead of demanding kabam to buff these champs, you want to make AW garbage just to accommodate those crappy champs.
    2) There is no "an equal work/reward ratio" under new setup. Almost every ally can 100% now in new map. Wars are decided purely by diversity/defender rating. So AW is already decided even before you start attacking. Anyone who can buy new champs will win or anyone with rare champs like OG vision kang thanos will win. How is this setup fair. Its a completely one sided setup which heavily favors spenders or ally with higher rating.
    3) Did you even see the stats btw MMX-AH matchup. They got full diversity but lost because A-H placed 5 less defenders, after nerfing attack kill points it wont happen anymore.

good thing I didn't wish for any of those things

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints - Make AW Great Again!
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike how exactly does this change the feeling of defeat? If anything it makes it worse and I will outline why I think so.

1) With the current matchmaking system why should a group even try against a way stronger alliance? Best case scenario you 100% but obviously they'll do the same to you and win because of their naturally higher defender rating and/or diversity. Sounds pretty defeating when you know you lost before you've even done anything.

***You may argue that bad match-ups happen and that it's your decision to try or not but at least with defender kills you had the possibility of winning if you were more skilled vs. spam reviving. That's gone now.

2) Once you reach high enough of a tier where everybody 100% clears you'll know if you lost before you even step foot in war. If you see a LOL Ultron/Thanos/OG Vision or OG deadpool in their profile and you don't have any of those champs then you lose. Not really fun and interactive if you ask me.

3) Spending time, items and sometimes money on these champs that YOUR TEAM designed to be in the top 10% now being unusable because somebody else in your alliance already placed them......pretty defeating feeling.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting but those are what come immediately to mind just when it comes to the feeling of "defeat."
    vikky89 wrote: »

1) RNG sucks for many and HB sucks too. So there are many champs in game that are useless in offense or defense. So instead of demanding kabam to buff these champs, you want to make AW garbage just to accommodate those crappy champs.
    2) There is no "an equal work/reward ratio" under new setup. Almost every ally can 100% now in new map. Wars are decided purely by diversity/defender rating. So AW is already decided even before you start attacking. Anyone who can buy new champs will win or anyone with rare champs like OG vision kang thanos will win. How is this setup fair. Its a completely one sided setup which heavily favors spenders or ally with higher rating.
    3) Did you even see the stats btw MMX-AH matchup. They got full diversity but lost because A-H placed 5 less defenders, after nerfing attack kill points it wont happen anymore.
    Actually that is not why they won but glad you buy into it like they want you to. They actually did something that no one had done yet in war and that is what got them the win not placing 5 less defenders.
    edited September 2017
    Another point I missed, is everyone wanted War to be based off a combination of PI/War rating. this new system is a warped version of that. You cannot beat an alliance with way higher PI because of diversity. So you lose until you fit into a tier with similar PI alliances. This again was something requested by many on the forums to address the large descrepancy between fighting alliances with huge PI differences.

I am not saying that I like the new war setup as i definitely can relate to why people are unhappy. My post was to try and see why Kabam would create such a radical direction change into the scoring and difficulty from version 1.0. The only conclusion I could conceive was to address the gripes you saw popping up on the forums regarding war which I addressed. I still see people posting threads "Kabam doesn't listen" etc. my personal opinion on why war is so messed up right now is within the parameters of the game Kabam did listen and try to address the problems the community kept posting about. Honestly I think now we live with what we got and hope that version 3.0 goes back to the old system
  • adramelchadramelch Posts: 98
    In my opinion there's only one thing to be addressed here. You guys need to find a way to make alliance wars fun again.
    While the old system wasn't perfect and could be improved in various ways, people looked forward to it. We won some and we lost some, we got frustrated when we faced a Magik or NC, but we knew that our opponents also got frustrated when they faced our own defensive weapons. When we lost we felt the need to improve our own skills in combat so as to be able to tackle the next hard opponent we would face. No matter what we anticipated our next war.
    Now we are just bored, it ain't fun anymore, it's just calculations and math. I mean who does that for fun? Seriously, we do that at work because we have to, not because it's fun.
    We don't need any rank down tickets or compensation of any sort for ruining wars, we just want you to fix them and make them competitive again in a way that when we get to defeat the oppositions boss we want to scream out as if our team won the Champions League.
    That's the point you are missing, it ain't fun anymore
  • Grub wrote: »

Actually that is not why they won but glad you buy into it like they want you to. They actually did something that no one had done yet in war and that is what got them the win not placing 5 less defenders.

From what I have seen from war screen that was posted on Reddit, thats the only thing I could find. We will be glad to know what you meant by this - "They actually did something that no one had done yet in war " ???

svm2nxlyfpf6.jpg
  • Sha59 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thank you for all your feedback on the first week of Alliance Wars. We've written an update on what you can expect when you start Matchmaking again tomorrow here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/127553/#Comment_127553

Mike

can you tell us which version of AW you guys are planning on rolling out this current week please.

is it last weeks version of Diversity is done via Battle groups?

or where its alliance wide and the champs that are placed more than once still get diversity points?

or the version that you said in your original post, where you place champs and any champ that is doubled you do not get diversity for?

kind of important that we are told correct information this week please.

Hey Sha59,

At this time, it will still be the version of Defender Diversity that rolled out with the new version (It goes by Battlegroup). We're working on a fix for this so that it will be by entire Alliance Placement, and will definitely let you guys know when before happens!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

From what I have seen from war screen that was posted on Reddit, thats the only thing I could find. We will be glad to know what you meant by this - "They actually did something that no one had done yet in war " ???

svm2nxlyfpf6.jpg

That SS doesn't show all stats. I thought same at first, but not it.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Hey All,

@Kabam Miike :
    "Many of you may have also noticed that Defender Diversity is not taking the entire Alliance’s placed Defenders into account, and is only counting each Battlegroup. This is not intentional, and will be fixed as soon as we can."
    can you please add more info?
    Is it going to be fixed today-tomorrow for next AW or not yet?
    placement phase start today and we all want to know if it still counting for each BG or all of them.
    it most important to know that if the "bug" still exists, it won't be "fixed" tomorrow after completing the placement.
    With the current scoring system it's way far than a "tie-breaker" like originally stated.

Thanks

svm2nxlyfpf6.jpg

That SS doesn't show all stats. I thought same at first, but not it.

Funny how defender rating got left out????? Big clue there.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I have a situation that may not have been brought up yet (can't be sure). With "diversity" being so important now, players at high levels will invariably rank up champs with no other in-game use purely to have a 3/45 spider Gwen or LC on defense. Players also change allies fairly regularly, so let's say Player A goes to a new ally where Player B has a 3/45 spider Gwen or LC that is a higher level. The champ is no good for defense anymore and the cats that Player A used to rank that champ have been wasted because one other person in the ally had the same motivation.

Now you can say us ranking is our own choice and we shouldn't rank said champion, but wars will be decided purely on diversity/rating in higher tiers. Having a 3/45 LC (and a few others) vs having a 2/35 will be the difference in some wars between winning and losing.

So any player wanting to play at tier 1 will need to rank oddball champs or his/her defense will be worthless to the ally. This also puts a premium on players with unavailable champs. You're asking us to throw away the catalysts that we grind for into bad defenders and disregard the ones we already wasted on good defenders in the name of "diversity". We NEED defender kills and attacker kills to be restored. Keep diversity, but have the game make sense again. Please?
  • I am going to Place starlord on defense for the diversity points instead of Juggs with MD at 5 because someone else is placing a higher rated Juggs.

We need to have defender kill points added at a minimum. This is absurd.
  • Not scanning through all the responses so sorry if this has come up more than once.

Here's the thing that kills me about the AW changes and specifically Diversity.

People complained about seeing the same champs over and over again in wars and things were getting boring. Valid complaint. I can see how that was becoming an issue.

My problem is the fix put in place (Diversity) isn't a good choice to fix that problem. Why? Because the root of the issue is balance. There are only so many good defenders. So AW ends up being repetitive with the same defenders war after war. Forcing people to use poor defenders as a solution doesn't resolve the problem. Fix the poor defenders or come out with more new ones. Give people a variety to choose from.

Forcing balance on us just wasn't a good call.

If someone gave me a piece of junk car and a Ferrari and told me I had to drive the junk or pay a fine why in the hell would I be happy about that?
This discussion has been closed.