**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"FREE TO PLAY" HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SHOVED IN THE GROUND ON JULY 4

the_dejavu_007the_dejavu_007 Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
So, July 4th offers are out. YAY!!!! 6* Nexus CRYSTALS!!! Loads of t5 and 6*sigs!!!
But wait a minute... I'm a free-to-play guy. And I only get ONE Nexus? That too going 18K units deep.. The maths here is messed up,

For Spenders
6* Nexus = Odin = 3k units = 100$

For Free-to-play
6* Nexus = 18K units = 6 ODINS = 600$ ??...

People can buy 300$ worth of units and get THREE 6* Nexus crystals..
And Free-to-play players can buy 1 NEXUS CRYSTAL... ONLY ONE!!! for 600$ worth of units and guess what, there is no option to get the second one any way..Forget 3rd completely.

Way to go kabam!!! Atleast could've made the deals a little more comparable..

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    And get shirt one then anyways
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,656 ★★★★★
    FTP

No Nexus but ...

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I opened 3 nexus crystals and got mostly trash in every one. I actually picked Iron Fist from one of them, the other two choices were Kamala and Falcon (I already had Falcon).

The other two champs I got from the nexus crystals were Invisible Woman and Mysterio, but I can’t see myself ranking them up.

My best pulls were actually from basics. I snagged Aegon, Corvus and Longshot, along with Proxima and then trash.

I was excited for Aegon, but then remembered I have absolutely no way to awaken him.

So, for the whole thing, in terms of what I can use now, Corvus is the standout.

The nexus crystals aren’t all that special, they’re just marginally better than basics, and you still have a good chance of pulling 3 trash champs.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I opened 3 nexus crystals and got mostly trash in every one. I actually picked Iron Fist from one of them, the other two choices were Kamala and Falcon (I already had Falcon).

The other two champs I got from the nexus crystals were Invisible Woman and Mysterio, but I can’t see myself ranking them up.

My best pulls were actually from basics. I snagged Aegon, Corvus and Longshot, along with Proxima and then trash.

I was excited for Aegon, but then remembered I have absolutely no way to awaken him.

So, for the whole thing, in terms of what I can use now, Corvus is the standout.

The nexus crystals aren’t all that special, they’re just marginally better than basics, and you still have a good chance of pulling 3 trash champs.

you picked if over Kamala? why? he has armor break. She has poison immunity, better damage, along with furies and some nice synergies with CMM
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Honestly as someone not spending I haven’t fallen back as much as I expected, mainly because the t5cc was so widely split, I agree the unit pack could have been more on the level of the cash offers in terms of value but it’s never been a f2p friendly day
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Free to play means just that, free to play. While the game is free, you have the option to spend cats to accelerate your progress. A lot of us who spend don't have the time or desire to grind arena or complete every single difficulty level of an event. I think they did a great job with the offers. Also, if they had made the unit deals closer to the level of the cash deals, people still would have found an issue because spenders would have still ended up with more items than F2P gamers.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm F2P and I understand that spenders get more opportunities, that's the way this game has always been.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    so on a day that has cash offers that are some of the biggest of the year, you're surprised that those who spend are going to get more rewards?
  • There is nothing wrong with that. People who spend money are always gunna get more than f2p and that is fine. That's part of spending and that's how games work. The deals they had today were all pretty good.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Why would they be equal? For 15k units an F2P player can get a huge amount of resources. If you so desire you too can pick up the unit packs but for the premium price of £500 (ish) you can buy a little boost, and it is a little boost, there’s no fully formed T5CC, no selector, just 6* shards which could yield you a Doom but could just as well give you Groot.

I am more than happy that people are willing to dump £100s on these because it means that this game remains free for me.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★

So, July 4th offers are out. YAY!!!! 6* Nexus CRYSTALS!!! Loads of t5 and 6*sigs!!!
    But wait a minute... I'm a free-to-play guy. And I only get ONE Nexus? That too going 18K units deep.. The maths here is messed up,

For Spenders
    6* Nexus = Odin = 3k units = 100$

For Free-to-play
    6* Nexus = 18K units = 6 ODINS = 600$ ??...

People can buy 300$ worth of units and get THREE 6* Nexus crystals..
    And Free-to-play players can buy 1 NEXUS CRYSTAL... ONLY ONE!!! for 600$ worth of units and guess what, there is no option to get the second one any way..Forget 3rd completely.

Way to go kabam!!! Atleast could've made the deals a little more comparable..

Lol. If you choose to deprive yourself and never, ever buy anything for any reason, even if it's a great value, you get what you get. The only one stopping you is you.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    That’s basic business.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Absolutely ridiculous OP. Literally zero to moan about in these offers but people still moaning.
    The sense of entitlement is unbearable.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    FTP is never able to compete with P2P. Not in any game.

They have to give advantage to P2P so they can continue to spend, or else we'll be watching 30 second ads every fight screen. Be glad that people spend thousands.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I'm FTP.

Bought 21,000 units worth of deals, because I'd been saving all year.

I've got a lot more T5B, more T2A, a 5* Generic AG, a 6* Cosmic AG and 6* Mystic rank-up Gem all in the bank.

My 6* pulls weren't great (Original CM and Mephisto), but I did get Tigra and Sentinel as useful 5*s.

I'm happy with what I got, even if I can't use all of it right away (I'm not using that rank-up Gem on Mephisto!). But part of the reason I'm happy is that I'm not comparing what I got to anyone else.

And personally I'd like to say Thanks, and best wishes! to the Spenders who actually pay for the game.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    you get a bloody summoner appreciation calendar that runs for like 3 months FOR FREE!