**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do you spend money on this game?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
Just honest curiosity. I have seen several people talking about spending hundreds of dollars on the game and judging by the insanely expensive offers in the game this seems to be popular. My question is why do you spend so much money? I can understand spending a dollar here and there on mobile games but hundreds of dollars just seems a lot. I can’t wrap my head around this.
So I am curious. Why do you spend so much money? Are you simply rich enough that spending a few hundred dollars is nothing to you? Do you love this game so much you think it’s worth it? Or is there another reason?

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I'm F2P, but people want to support Kabam, and the only way to do that would be to spend money.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    JessieS said:

Just honest curiosity. I have seen several people talking about spending hundreds of dollars on the game and judging by the insanely expensive offers in the game this seems to be popular. My question is why do you spend so much money? I can understand spending a dollar here and there on mobile games but hundreds of dollars just seems a lot. I can’t wrap my head around this.
    So I am curious. Why do you spend so much money? Are you simply rich enough that spending a few hundred dollars is nothing to you? Do you love this game so much you think it’s worth it? Or is there another reason?

Broh, in PUBG game, people spend hundreds of doller just to buy car skin, gun skin, new costume, those are for just show off. It doesn’t give u anything to progress in those game. But here at least they giving u something to progress in my opinion but I'm FTP player. I just understand the gaming community since I played lots of game. People spend just for fun.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    because they have the money to spend
  • GiulioV99GiulioV99 Posts: 98
    As an occasional spender (basically 100/150 euros on 4th july/cyber weekend) i do it because of the time that i invest on this game. i've played daily for years and i grind arena so i think supporting kabam, especially when there are such big offers, is an adequate payment for all the content that helps me enjoying my free time.
    If i was a casual player i'd not spend, and i'd rather buy a full videogame which i liked better and that i'd invest my free time in.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I spent on July 3rd for the first time and I spent $80. For me it was because I have a gift card and the value seemed there. Also I’ve played for over 4 years I think at this point.

Typically I don’t see the value in place so I don’t spend. I don’t see it happening again as even though it worked out(I opened 3 featured and got a red guardian and 2 6* and one was long shot who is awesome and the other heimdal who will always have a use for synergy purposes) I still have a little remorse that I could have bought something more tangible in real life.

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    I buy the sigil every-once in awhile and occasionally buy the huge holiday deals. Sigil to me is worth the 10 bucks for all the benefits you get for a month.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I spent for the first time this 4th. Did I get what I wanted? Not really, but that was to be expected which is why I didn’t spend a lot. I just spent because while it is FTP, I just wanted to show a little support for a game I enjoy. Now I can go back to thanking all the whales that spend as much as they do for keeping the game free for me.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    You could apply this question to any little luxury in life that we personally don’t indulge in,
    Why do people waste money Daily on cigarettes, alcohol, gambling, energy drinks, fast food, the list is endless.

I’ve been playing since December 2017, I play daily and really enjoy the game,
    The 2019 Christmas deals was my first spend of around Au$150, then around the time I became cavalier Early this year I quit smoking and decided as a trade off/reward to stay quit I would buy 1 to 2 daily cav crystals a week and still be way better off financially than when i smoked.
    So from my point of view I think as long as you have self control of your spending there’s plenty worse you could waste money on
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I'm at a point in my life where I have money to spend. MCOC is one of my two hobbies, and the other one doesn't require much money. I love this game and especially like collecting champs that are fun and rewarding to play. I have no designs on being a Legend or competing in high tier AW and such. I just like to have fun, and if you're free from the angst of competition or being No. 1 or keeping up with other players, this game can be a ton of fun. I don't care if I'm better than any other player. Just wanna take my Sym Supreme or CMM or Warlock into a quest and knock around some defenders.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    I try to spend on a budget monthly and treat it like all my other entertainment. I used to spend on cable that I never watched, clothes that I never wear, and gadgets that I rarely used. Naturally i cut that out. In this case I play half the day at times - it's a fun game with characters I grew up loving in comics, toons and now movies. The day i stop enjoying (or have better things to budget for) is the day i stop spending. I would consider myself a snapper or trout in this game's spending scheme lol.

I suspect the whales who spend the big bucks have big bucks to throw around.
  • DrDeadpoolDrDeadpool Posts: 170 ★★
    cuz i can
  • Agent_22Agent_22 Posts: 107 ★★
    I don’t.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I don't spend hundreds on the game, but I spend a bit. The way I see it, if you're willing to spend $40 or more on a game for your Xbox cause it's fun, why wouldn't you be willing to spend some money on a mobile game? I have more fun with MCoC than I ever have on a counsel game if I'm being honest and I'm on it every day even if it's just to log in. I'm willing to spend a little bit of money on it every now and then.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    JessieS said:

I used to go out for drinks every week and blow afew hundreds there and the only thing i ever get back is a hangover and a punished liver. Now that, that had stopped, this is my new form of entertainment & the liver is happy 😀

Also i used to buy ps3 games, so spending $ on a game is normal.