**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestions for the Future of the Game [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
edited July 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
After reading through all of Kabam’s Dev Diaries, I feel like there is still a lot of room to improve. They promised a lot of changes, but left a lot alone, things that could and should be updated. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but please add your ideas to this.

Crystals
  • Cheaper 5 star basics with the huge pool of champs (lower from 10k to 5k)
  • Class specific basics (dual class are good, but give us more) at 10k
  • Tag basics such as villain basics, size (XL, M) basics
  • Yearly basics (2020 basics). Start 2015 Basics at 4k, increase each year’s cost by 1-2k shards. Each year, all the crystals drop in cost.
  • Nexus crystal shards, access to nexus crystals in monthly content.
  • Remove 3 stars from cavalier crystals. Yes this one is controversial, but to me it makes absolutely no sense to have 3 star champs in a crystal you can only buy after you beat content that doesn’t allow 3 star champs, or even 4 star champs.
  • Replace PHC shards in all content with uncollected shards for uncollected players and cavalier shards for cavalier players.
  • Improve quest crystals, max sig ability crystals, free 4 hour crystals, daily crystals, and Alliance crystals
Rewards
  • Update rewards for pretty much every alliance and solo event
  • Completion, Tag use, Item Use, Arena 3 day events. Update the rank rewards for 2020
  • Alliance Quest Completion 5 day event milestones. The milestones are pathetic in 2020.
  • Improve Summoner Advancement rewards
  • Update Level up to be reasonable for 6 star champs
  • Improve monthly EQ rewards. Add units to uncollected. Add units to Cavalier difficulty when it launches in case they’re thinking of leaving them out.
Arena
Add 5 star basic arena.
Add the 4 star basic as a milestone
Let players know the actual cutoffs after each arena is done so we don’t have to rely on community-based data collection which is often inaccurate

Miscellaneous / QoL Changes
Let us sell T4CC. Also controversial, but give players the option. I’d love to sell T4C for gold and T5C shards. Also let us trade in 3 T4C for the choice of a T4C we need, instead of having the useless trade-in crystal nobody ever buys
When tapping on the event, scroll to the reward once we select Claim. The game used to do this! Don’t know why they changed it. Probably a bug they never fixed.
Fix the replay/next quest button. For 3 months we have to watch the rewards populate on the screen
Raise level cap past 60.
Mastery loadouts. Free mastery changes.
Let us hold more than 45 ISO. This is a QOL change that should be for everyone, not just sigil buyers.
Lower the price of potions in the glory store. Lower price for T1A in the glory store.
Put boosts on a schedule in the loyalty store, add boosts to the glory store on a schedule. Not everything has to be random..
Add new alliance and solo events. These have become stale and boring. Get creative.
Let us see how much energy each person has in AQ.
Increase loyalty we can get per day from pressing Help.
Improve autofight with automove. Let the AI just move me across the board until I have to make a decision (like if all my champs are knocked out). Or if the team I bring is like 20k PI and the quest suggests 1k, then simulate the matches and save me the trouble.
Let us see a champion’s sig level from the Champion screen.
Let us see what arena boost is expiring by tapping on it because the same class ones look the same but could be 15 min or 30 min.
Change potions to % based. With the amount of health 6 stars have, my level 1 potions don’t do anything to heal them in quests.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★

I agree with most of this post, but I still feel as though regular 5* basics should stay at 10k shards and have the rest be upwards of that.
    I also think that single class 5 and 6* crystals shouldn't be added, or if they are, at least offered at a higher price point than 10k. The reason is that the pool of champions in a single class is just so small, the classes with the lower numbers have the same amount of champions as a featured. If they are introduced, I would say to have them at 15k, just like the featured.
    I agree with the idea of crystals separated by years, but why not have them all cost 15k shards? Since the 2015 ones are trash, I feel like the only reason to go for those would be for collection purposes, and therefore, they should just all be the same cost.
    Nexus crystals are a tough topic because by introducing them to be readily available for the players, it essentially devalues the completion of core Story content. I wouldn't want to complete Act 6 if I could get a 5* nexus by doing EQs.
    3*s are in the Cavs for balance.

Everything else seems good, though.

Points taken. Re: 2015 crystals, I suggested cheaper because the champs there are so outdated (at least until they're buffed) that they are much less useful in today's meta compared to new champs.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

I agree with most of this post, but I still feel as though regular 5* basics should stay at 10k shards and have the rest be upwards of that.
    I also think that single class 5 and 6* crystals shouldn't be added, or if they are, at least offered at a higher price point than 10k. The reason is that the pool of champions in a single class is just so small, the classes with the lower numbers have the same amount of champions as a featured. If they are introduced, I would say to have them at 15k, just like the featured.
    I agree with the idea of crystals separated by years, but why not have them all cost 15k shards? Since the 2015 ones are trash, I feel like the only reason to go for those would be for collection purposes, and therefore, they should just all be the same cost.
    Nexus crystals are a tough topic because by introducing them to be readily available for the players, it essentially devalues the completion of core Story content. I wouldn't want to complete Act 6 if I could get a 5* nexus by doing EQs.
    3*s are in the Cavs for balance.

Everything else seems good, though.

Points taken. Re: 2015 crystals, I suggested cheaper because the champs there are so outdated (at least until they're buffed) that they are much less useful in today's meta compared to new champs.
    I totally get that. My POV is that if you're willing enough to go for a 2015 champ, it means that you're a collector of some sorts because let's face it, Magik is the best champion out of that crystal, and even though your chances are higher in the 2015 crystal, your chances of getting trash are higher too. That being said, if you're a collector, you can afford that extra 5k shards because not only is the pool of champions smaller, but it's also been narrowed to a specific year. To a collector, it would be a great deal. To others, not so much, but who would honestly go for a 2015 crystal if they're not trying to collect/get a specific champ?
  • noldnold Posts: 30
    And fixed the economy in game
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Too much too soon just advances the advent of the 7*. I agree with some of the ideas. The fact that 3*s and 4*s are irrelevant to Cav players doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the Cav crystals. I agree with T4cc trade in should give you a class selector, though it isn't true that nobody buys the current trade in. The current trade in is garbage but it's better than letting them expire or burning gold and cats ranking a 4* or 5* you don't want to rank. I don't think 5K 5*s are great for early players who are already advancing fast enough that they have teams that are above their skill level. Replacing PHC and some of the other rewards should be done. !00% units for uncollected lol. That was always stupid.
    Gamer said:

And broke the economy in game

That's what they tell you so they could continue giving you 2016 rewards in 2020
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    wait but what happens after 4 years? Do we get 2016 crystals for free?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    some of these ideas are good. 5k five stars wouldn't make sense because they'd just halve five star shard rewards and just increase the value of a five star shard. some ideas I don't agree with but many are things I'm sure people would appreciate
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 155 ★★★
    Some of the suggestions we know Kabam will never implement, but one I agree with big time is that all the solo and alliance events need a revamp. They mentioned updating the 22 hr solo events, but no mention of any of the other events. They all need updating very badly. This is something they could do very easily and quickly so i dont understand why they have been neglected for so long.

Thanks for your Suggestions. I am going to rename this thread and move it to the Suggestions section of the forum to help clarify.

Our team has committed to a lot, and I know that it won't answer everybody's granular wishes (there are millions of you, and you've all got different requests and priorities!), and that wasn't our goal. We want to make major strides, but we need to identify major pain points, and can work on solutions that address as many of them as possible.

That doesn't mean that we can't do some of these later. They're just not on our list at the moment. (No, we're not doing yearly Basics or removing 3-Star from Cav crystals.)

We just all want the game to be better. Thanks for your time
  • PopItOffPopItOff Posts: 36
    @Kabam Miike even if 3 stars stay in the cav crystals, is there a chance that the Kabam team can lower the drop rates of 3 stars and raise the drop rates of 5 and 6 stars. Since 5 and 6 stars are only allowed in act 6, I think it would really help if you can just raise the drop rates of 5 and 6 stars.
    Thanks
  • MRTELMRTEL Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    1. Update ISO for duplicates
    16 for 3*
    24 for 4*
    32 for 5*
    40 for 6*

2. Potions/revives to match EQ/story difficulty
    Potions:
    Beginner/normal - level 1
    Heroic - level 2