**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should people still grind for 5* in Arena?

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
I don't think it can be justified. So much time, so much work and for some people so much money poured in Arena to get a 5* which will do nothing for them in the long run. I mean, who has roster to get 5* in Arena certainly can get many 6* too. And now is the time for 6* to shine.

Recently I got 5* Doom and I can't find a reason to rank him up. I rather use resources to rank a good 6* Mystic.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

Why do you care what other people do with their time?

I don't get how some people think that whatever may or may not work for them, that should be the way for everyone! Not everyone is at the same progression level, yet alone have the same goals!

To be honest, this isn't the time for 6*s to shine. Maxed out 5*s still run the show. Until content comes out that 5*s can't complete, 6*s are there for showing off. Even those duped r3 6s are not that significantly better than their 5* counterparts, and no content is geared toward having or needing those r3s right now.

My point is now is the time for Kabam to give us 6* Arena. Simple as that.

Much easier to just get to the point. No chance at 6* arena though, not anytime soon
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I got a different way of getting my 5s. I have fun collecting 4 stars and let their dupes build the 5s. I open about 1 a day and that is always! ALWAYS, 275-550 5 star shards daily. Grinding to 34 million or even 22 million ain't happening here! Way too much work!
    Today i will pick up a 4 star from the c.c. arena...275-550 shards today and almost everyday!
    In addition they provide, not only the shards, but gold and the stuff to raise the 5 star i build.
  • kayzzcokayzzco Posts: 25
    hoping they make the 5*s in the 5* arena in milestones, maybe 60-90 mil so ppl actually get something from grinding so much but that is very very unlikely
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

GOTG said:

I don't get how some people think that whatever may or may not work for them, that should be the way for everyone! Not everyone is at the same progression level, yet alone have the same goals!

To be honest, this isn't the time for 6*s to shine. Maxed out 5*s still run the show. Until content comes out that 5*s can't complete, 6*s are there for showing off. Even those duped r3 6s are not that significantly better than their 5* counterparts, and no content is geared toward having or needing those r3s right now.

Much easier to just get to the point. No chance at 6* arena though, not anytime soon
    I wonder why people would turn down a 6* arena but cool with cavalier crystals? 6* arena would reward a fixed amount of champions per week.. cavaliers unlimited ! .. would love to hear how a 6* arena would hurt the game.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    The 'top' players don't have to grind the arena now do they? Its their choice. If said player was to grind 70 million points in arena, then they would have accepted the grind or considered it worth it.

And you seem to fall under the category of people who think 5 stars are redundant, which I think just isn't the case. 5 stars are better than 6 stars in the sense that they are much more attainable and resources for them are vastly more available. Pretty much everything a 6 star can do, so can a 5 star. If you ask me, 5 stars are the ones running the game right now.
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

The time has come. Somebody must raise the voice and Kabam will hear.

It can't be justified for top players to grind 70 million points for a 5* which mostly will become another trophy champ for them.
    I agree, judging by the weekly payout there's ton's of grinders out there, but top grinders won't say a word....

The 'top' players don't have to grind the arena now do they? Its their choice. If said player was to grind 70 million points in arena, then they would have accepted the grind or considered it worth it.

And you seem to fall under the category of people who think 5 stars are redundant, which I think just isn't the case. 5 stars are better than 6 stars in the sense that they are much more attainable and resources for them are vastly more available. Pretty much everything a 6 star can do, so can a 5 star. If you ask me, 5 stars are the ones running the game right now.

His not referring to "top players" , his referring top grinders . Most will put up the 70m+ because that's the only option their.. If they had a choice in a 6* arena I'm sure they will choose the ladder ..
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

His not referring to "top players" , his referring top grinders . Most will put up the 70m+ because that's the only option their.. If they had a choice in a 6* arena I'm sure they will choose the ladder ..
    You put it perfectly people grind for 5* because they are addicted and don't know what else to do.

That's a torture to grind for a trophy champ while Kabam can give us a whole new arena system. Many players asked for a change in Arena for years. Now is perfect time.

I saw many disagreements yeah, who disagree with me have a dead mind who can't see anything other than what Kabam gives them.

Only people that will be able to scoop champs from a 6* arena are the whales that already have massive 6* rosters if it's a good champ. Your average player just can't compete with someone that has over 100 6*s if they actually make an effort.

Anyone that wants a 6* arena and thinks it's going to help average players get more 6*s is incredibly deluded.
    So because you can't grind for a 6* you don't want a 6* arena? Lol. Interesting.

GOTG said:

Only people that will be able to scoop champs from a 6* arena are the whales that already have massive 6* rosters if it's a good champ. Your average player just can't compete with someone that has over 100 6*s if they actually make an effort.

Anyone that wants a 6* arena and thinks it's going to help average players get more 6*s is incredibly deluded.
    So because you can't grind for a 6* you don't want a 6* arena? Lol. Interesting.
    I am that guy with over 100 6*s. Feel free to let me sig them up even easier. I'm just saying it's not going to help the people that keep asking for one
    Who cares about how many 6* do you have? Like 100 is a big deal.

Look, if whales go for 6* arena it will be easier for average players to get new 5*, if you really think for them.

We not talking about average players , your average player won't grind 70m+ .

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

I am that guy with over 100 6*s. Feel free to let me sig them up even easier. I'm just saying it's not going to help the people that keep asking for one
    Who cares about how many 6* do you have? Like 100 is a big deal.

Look, if whales go for 6* arena it will be easier for average players to get new 5*, if you really think for them.
    You just said it's a waste for people to grind for 5*s. Pick a lane and stick with it
    That's the biggest grinders push the score in 5* arena, if they don't do it, it will be like 20 million. The threshold will drop significantly.

1st 6-Star arena - Miles Morales
    2nd -. Daredevil (Netflix)
    3rd - Deadpool (X-force)
    4th - Iron Man (OG)
    5th - Groot
    6th -Juggernaut

Happy grinding.

That's fine.. that's called a basic 6* arena... it's still a improvement !
    Also the amount of 6*'s is irrelevant, he could have 1000 6*'s , that whale still has to put in the time...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    @Worknprogress you’ll be able to put in 40-50m easy with just your 6*s alone, 2 grinds a day, about 1+ hour each. Just sick dude. Lol

@GOTG I agree with Wnp. If you think 6*s are the go-to NOW, you’re very wrong.

And you're smoking something serious if you think featured 5*s would drop to 20m cutoffs. A lot of the same people would keep grinding 5* arena you'd just have an influx of players with large rosters that rarely to never bothered with the arenas before.

Why not? You can get 4* by 2 million points. One day you will get 5* by 20 million or some reasonable number. It doesn't matter. The number will drop significantly.