**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to fight kingpin

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
Today I fought kingpin in master quest 3-2 both kingpins several times ... and apparently I am doing something very wrong because he seems unbeatable ... shaking off nearly every debuff ... stringing heavy and specials and heavy and specials all together ...

Before I found him pretty easy ... archangel seems like the worst champ against him ... ghostrider I ain't getting him down with ...

I ain't saying kingpin is broken ... it feels like it ... but I guess I am fighting wrong ... anybody can give some pointers ?

Comments

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Use someone who apply a few debuff and fight him like he is stun immune, either baiting out so or intercepting. Also always bait his l1. I used rogue mainly or magik
  • Debuffs make him rage more and parrrys will get shrugged off a lot so evasion is your best bet. He is designed to be tough against bleeders and others that rely on debuffs.

Someone like Karnak or cyclops that deals lots of pure damage is good. I just beat master level where you fight him twice so its fresh in my mind that keeping distance and not getting in range of his unstoppable fat belly attack is key as well.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Keep distance and evade when you can. Treat him like stun immune and use champs who do damage but don't trigger a lot of debuffs, like Starlord, Rogue, NC, Karnak, Angela, Vision, BW, CM, YJ... Sorry the list is getting too long, but hopefully this helps.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Treo wrote: »
    Today I fought kingpin in master quest 3-2 both kingpins several times ... and apparently I am doing something very wrong because he seems unbeatable ... shaking off nearly every debuff ... stringing heavy and specials and heavy and specials all together ...

Before I found him pretty easy ... archangel seems like the worst champ against him ... ghostrider I ain't getting him down with ...

I ain't saying kingpin is broken ... it feels like it ... but I guess I am fighting wrong ... anybody can give some pointers ?

You will sometimes just get unlucky because he has the gamblers fate effect and if he starts with unstoppable you are in for a rough time.

However, the easiest way to beat him is to purposefully give him a couple of rage stacks because then he power gains faster, then just go in and do a rotation, with the power gain he will immediately hit his special 1, then back up as he does his special 1 and rinse and repeat. If he heavy attacks just back up as well, it's short range and easy to read.

Still an annoying fight, but you will get the hang of it.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    5/50 wolverine makes mince meat out of him despite his rage. Just bait the l1 and keep on him. If he gets overpower and/or unstoppable just let it fall off before continuing.

He can get lucky and wreck you in one combo, but I beat him with a variety of champs and mostly ignored his shrug offs and rage.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I"m thinking of bringing Loki for him and slapping curse on so all random buffs go straight to me
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I believe you hold your finger in the left side of the screen to block and swipe or tap on the right screen to attack. That's the basic mechanics to fight any champion
  • PhaoPhao Posts: 10
    Go full suicides, he goes down in under 40 hits
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    I found Kingpin very easy.. My 4* R5 Rogue took him down first time every time.. He seems to shrug off the first parry so move back but second one in a row normally keeps him stunned Just keep him to sp1 bait it out and then charge in Good luck..
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Defensive ability reducers like BW or CB would stop him from shrugging off debuffs, correct?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    He wasn't even difficult... nothing hard about him
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Good advice here. Evade. Intercept. Bait his special 1. Raw damage dealers work best. Even with the class disadvantage hulk works well.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Easy. Starlord
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    the only thing that really matters vs him is bait sp1 and dont get hit. ;)
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    I have a crappy account but successfully used a R4 Unawakend 4* Iceman and a R2 unawakened 5* X-23. I have two accounts, non of which have the resources to Rank 5 a 4* or R3 a 5*. Inhomo Supremis of both. The tactic I used was to just bait the sp1, sometimes I got unlucky when he got unstoppable but uno, it happens, can't always be perfect, didn't use much resources but had to revive a few times per run due to making the wrong decision or being impatient.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    I"m thinking of bringing Loki for him and slapping curse on so all random buffs go straight to me

I haven't had a problem with him yet. I have used 5/50 AA, gwenpool, x23 all bc they cause debuffs lol. I used star lord once and it was too quick. Make sure you bait the l1. That's really the only key.

However, I have two more passes including the one I'm on. But maybe I will try this with loki for the last one! Sounds fun. I'm curious whether curse is a debuff that he can shake off. Also miss mystic dispersion but no point to it now with new war :(
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    He's a more aggressive Agent Venom
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    He's a more aggressive Agent Venom

But he's still a piece of cake to do, simple... just like any other fight
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    I used agent venom because he kept throwing debuffs at me

He fired his l1 off pretty frequently in every fight and since the higher his rage stacks get the faster his power gains most of the fights went like this: me 5 hit combo, Kingpin l1, me 5 hit combo, Kingpin l1, lather, rinse, and repeat.
    You just have to watch out for when he gets unstoppable which, random my ass, happened pretty often lol. One of his fights he got unstoppable three times

Also I noticed that even though he shrugs off debuffs he doesn't do it as fast as someone like agent venom does. I could get the parry stun and was quick enough to attack into his block instead of getting completely destroyed.

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy.

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I found if you parry and hit quickly you can hit him before he shrugs it off. He seems slower to shrug it off than AV.

The hard part is when he chains unstoppable AND shrugs off your parries. Pretty rude.

Also bait his L1. It's easier to dodge than his L2.

I used wolvie to beat him mostly but also used vision, Iceman, drax,... etc.