**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Variant 5 has 2017 Rank-Up Gems in the Rewards

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
Which champions are you going to use them for?

*pic from auntm.ai

Or you could also pick the 2015/6 champions as well.

This'd be probably the most exciting piece of content in 2020 for me, personally. Haven't got the skills or resources to do AOL, 6.2.6, and 6.3-4 yet.

Comments

• CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Pretty sure the quest it's based on came out in 2016 so I doubt it will have 2017 gems (I might be wrong tho so correct me if I am)
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    But if it does I'd rank 4 medusa and morning star because most of the other good ones I've already got as a 6* or rank 4 5*
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Crkwest said:

Pretty sure the quest it's based on came out in 2016 so I doubt it will have 2017 gems (I might be wrong tho so correct me if I am)

Agree it should. But we'll never know for sure until it's actually out.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Crkwest said:

Pretty sure the ones with 2016 gems were 2015 events, it’s because there’s such a limited amount of options for the gems that they get expanded
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster. Seems fun.
    My 2017 picks would be Archangel, Gwenpool, Medusa, Doc Oc, or Morningstar. If science, I'll use it for Shehulk.
  • AR4AR4 Posts: 1
    Nebula ... but i already do
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Carnage nebula and MS. If I get those gems.

There is a chance it could be 2017.

V1/v2 did 2015
    V3/V4 I believe did 2016 (V4 definitely did don’t remember v3)
    V5 could? One can hope.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I don’t have many options as I already have a lot of the 2017 characters at R4.

Hela if I pulled a cosmic for sure. Medusa as a backup. For science, I’d wait for the buffs and hope someone (OG Cap and Spidey?) gets a worthwhile one. Skill would be held for the blade I don’t have, gwenpool as backup. Tech Doc Oc is going up, 2099 if his tune up is good. Mystic the hood for sure. Dorm second. Mutant it’s AA only.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

My 2017 picks would be Archangel, Gwenpool, Medusa, Doc Oc, or Morningstar. If science, I'll use it for Shehulk.

Blade...
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Hela if I pulled a cosmic for sure. Medusa as a backup. For science, I’d wait for the buffs and hope someone (OG Cap and Spidey?) gets a worthwhile one. Skill would be held for the blade I don’t have, gwenpool as backup. Tech Doc Oc is going up, 2099 if his tune up is good. Mystic the hood for sure. Dorm second. Mutant it’s AA only.

Medusa as a backup? Lol she’s way better than Hela
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I don't know the rewards, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think we'll be at 2017 gems yet.

“Yet” and “At this time” are common phrases. Anyone remember the F4 reveal?

Not saying anything, yet, but at this time I believe Miike to be speaking truthfully.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    Hoping varient 5 would come with more awsome hack and mods for us too as we seen varient 4 which is awsome couse of all * champions are usefull...then expecting varient 5 to be buff selector for us too like incursion hacks

I don't know the rewards, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think we'll be at 2017 gems yet.

Would it be too difficult to have in the game economy considering the age of the champs affected by the item? This is something I honestly find hard to understand, of course, with the limited design context that I'm aware of.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Etm34 said:

Not wrong. I just don’t enjoy playing Medusa.

But it lookS like it won’t matter much anyways since it seems like they’ll be 2016s again. Oh well. Guess I’ll be taking Kamala up to R4 instead

Etm34 said:

Probably because of personal preference. We all like different things.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

“Yet” and “At this time” are common phrases. Anyone remember the F4 reveal?

Not saying anything, yet, but at this time I believe Miike to be speaking truthfully.
    To be fair I'm pretty sure that was something they were Legally not allowed to confirm until some other stuff was revealed first, like if there were other things F4 related going on in the background that could change any plans any one section of Marvel had.
    If they won't put out 2017 gems, 2016 has several good options. Especially considering that there'll a steady flow champion reworks.

If that'd be the case, I just hope they release the champion rework roadmap for the next 6 or so months before releasing the rewards for Variant 5. Mostly just to avoid negative albeit uninformed reception of the non-updated rank up gem rewards.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Mercury79 said:

Hoping varient 5 would come with more awsome hack and mods for us too as we seen varient 4 which is awsome couse of all * champions are usefull...then expecting varient 5 to be buff selector for us too like incursion hacks

I'm hoping for a Variant 2 Style where a certain type of Champion got a Big Boost when you used them as Attackers, so in the Blood And Venom Event for example I'm hoping we get a Node or Two in each Quest that gives Each of the Guillotine Related and Symbiote/Spiderverse Champions a Boost or Addition to their Abilities.
    Variant 3 kind of followed that trend but the only Unique Big Boost any Attacker got in that whole thing was Sentinel, all the others Techs just got Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity and Increased Debuff Duration for each Tech on your team which was cool but personally I preferred Variant 2 where in one Quest you could Dominate with Dormammu and in another with King Groot.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    As long as I don’t get any more year based tech gems, I’m running out of champs to use them on since that’s all I seem to be able to get from the rewards
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Etm34 said:

Not wrong. I just don’t enjoy playing Medusa.

But it lookS like it won’t matter much anyways since it seems like they’ll be 2016s again. Oh well. Guess I’ll be taking Kamala up to R4 instead
    there are worse options than Kamala