**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Find the Elusive Sasquatch in Northern Expeditions! [Canadian Difficulty now Unlocking at Level 55]

Comments

• WarBros23WarBros23 Posts: 73
    Yeah, I was really hoping to get my third six star with this week.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Isn’t week 2 coming today?

It should have arrived 10 minutes ago right?
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    same here tried reloading maybe daylight saving IDK
    should be live
    @Kabam Miike could we have a response as to what time its dropping
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    True Patriot IS open for me...
  • MAKSshpakMAKSshpak Posts: 7
    Maybe quest start
    SparkAlot said:

True Patriot IS open for me...

Ok, now open to all of us
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    Mcord117 said:

anyone getting ambushed? I am at 73% with no sign of him

Just got ambused. He's at PI 50k in Canadian.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Mcord117 said:

anyone getting ambushed? I am at 73% with no sign of him

Just got ambused. He's at PI 50k in Canadian.
    Damn it, I was hoping they toned him down lol. But it's all good.
    I got him 2 times in a row, but the 3rd time I switched lanes and haven't seen him since and I'm now halfway through Canadian for this week.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I didn't get him once on Epic week one. Did two runs in the week 2 quest and haven't seen him yet. The regular fights don't seem any harder.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    A bit disappointed the global on canadian difficulty stays the same, and overall difficulty is still a bit lower than what I’d hope for. The combinations of nodes make for very fun fights though so that’s nice.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Just cleared chapter 2 canadian difficulty, yes he is very elusive since I didn’t see him at all. Got ambushed zero times 🤷‍♂️
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Let’s see how week two goes!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Too easy.. lol
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya doesn't seem to be scaling in difficulty. Might be to easy overall. Still pretty easy to play through if you have a developed roster of counters to the nodes.

I don't think it needs to extremely tuned up to be absurd but I don't see the "hard lanes" that I was expecting.

Still more to come and there are more lanes in the upcoming chapters too.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    I had 7 ambushes in 14 paths. Don't know why some people he seems to pop up all the time, and other people not so much. Sure, it is supposed to be RNG, but, I wonder what the odds are actually for him popping up?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I didn't get him once on Epic week one. Did two runs in the week 2 quest and haven't seen him yet. The regular fights don't seem any harder.

A bit more interesting than week one. I think it is a notch more difficult, but for players with very wide rosters or very high skill level the difference in difficulty is probably not substantive. I do see the *nature* of the difficulty being a step forward from content in the past, in that the paths reward thinking about counters and tactics more than they reward brute force. I found week 2 to be "sustainable difficulty" for me personally; it wasn't so easy that it was a boring grind through all eight paths, but not so hard that it required sufficiently high focus that I wanted to put it down for a while after doing one path.

This is extremely personalized, but I found it to be entertaining to blitz through. I suppose that might imply it is still a little too easy, but I still found it fun to play through. This is aided in large part by the fact there's no energy requirement and no entrance limits, so you can just try something to see if it will work or not. If either wasn't true I would be less likely to experiment and more likely to go straight to the absolute best attack options and safest playstyle, which would make it less interesting to play. That is something the devs should consider when it comes to balancing high difficulty content: the more experimentation you allow for, the more latitude you probably have to design the difficulty and the more likely the players themselves will be to make the content more interesting for themselves to play.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I got ambushed don’t understand why people are complaining so far I oneshot him with, longshot, Hyperion, blade and rogue
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I just noticed you guys(kabaam) didn’t up the rewards from heroic to master

We get two tier4cc shard crystals for both no increase for master wtf

Quit short changing

You give more rewards (not much but it’s more) for harder difficulty but not this one what gives
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

I got ambushed don’t understand why people are complaining so far I oneshot him with, longshot, Hyperion, blade and rogue

The ambush is the only challenge of sorts in the quest. I wish it was every lane and with the nodes the lanes have on them
    I have yet to find a challenge but who knows maybe next week will be different
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    DNA3000 said:

IRQ said:

I don't like the choice of nodes. Having a "invulnerable to damage unless attacker has 3 buffs" is fine in a story quest that's never going anywhere but as of now you deny me part of the prize unless I drop a correct champion of a high enough * rating and rank him up to a decent level within a month. Kabam pls.

....There's another bit of debate to consider. Some players want every fight to be doable with any champ, even if it is excessively difficult. But the flip side to that is if you make content like that, then many of the players who do not have optimal counters (or lack the requisite skill) will feel compelled to spend past the content. And then we get the problem of players claiming the rewards do not match the cost of the content, when the intent was never to have players spend ludicrous amounts to complete the content. There is a legitimate argument to be made that sometimes the game should straight up tell players that if they aren't ready to do it, don't bother spending to try, to prevent players from feeling pressured into spending more than they should.
    The roadmap explains that the difficulty is intended to have paths in it that will stop players with less developed rosters from exploring the quest. I guess the difficulty is in how Kabam communicates to players in-game that they're not expected to be able to complete the quest unless they do have developed rosters. They need to somehow counteract the latent expectation that some players have with time-limited content of "see reward, get reward" else the forums will forever be full of complaints about Cavalier difficulty gating penalising players (even though that's intentional).

From the Dev Diary:

"To do so, we are building an easy path in each Quest, so that any Cavalier player can attempt to obtain the completion rewards without a super-wide roster. The completion rewards will help you develop the breadth of your roster; helping you rank up your 5-Stars Champions up to Rank 5.

Once your roster is wider, and your skills sharper, you would be able to challenge yourself by attempting the exploration. Exploring the Cavalier difficulty would require either a good amount of skill, a wide range of ranked-up Champions, or a lot of power! But if you succeed, those Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragments will be yours!"
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kapitz said:

DNA3000 said:

IRQ said:

I don't like the choice of nodes. Having a "invulnerable to damage unless attacker has 3 buffs" is fine in a story quest that's never going anywhere but as of now you deny me part of the prize unless I drop a correct champion of a high enough * rating and rank him up to a decent level within a month. Kabam pls.

....There's another bit of debate to consider. Some players want every fight to be doable with any champ, even if it is excessively difficult. But the flip side to that is if you make content like that, then many of the players who do not have optimal counters (or lack the requisite skill) will feel compelled to spend past the content. And then we get the problem of players claiming the rewards do not match the cost of the content, when the intent was never to have players spend ludicrous amounts to complete the content. There is a legitimate argument to be made that sometimes the game should straight up tell players that if they aren't ready to do it, don't bother spending to try, to prevent players from feeling pressured into spending more than they should.
    The roadmap explains that the difficulty is intended to have paths in it that will stop players with less developed rosters from exploring the quest. I guess the difficulty is in how Kabam communicates to players in-game that they're not expected to be able to complete the quest unless they do have developed rosters. They need to somehow counteract the latent expectation that some players have with time-limited content of "see reward, get reward" else the forums will forever be full of complaints about Cavalier difficulty gating penalising players (even though that's intentional).

From the Dev Diary:

"To do so, we are building an easy path in each Quest, so that any Cavalier player can attempt to obtain the completion rewards without a super-wide roster. The completion rewards will help you develop the breadth of your roster; helping you rank up your 5-Stars Champions up to Rank 5.

Once your roster is wider, and your skills sharper, you would be able to challenge yourself by attempting the exploration. Exploring the Cavalier difficulty would require either a good amount of skill, a wide range of ranked-up Champions, or a lot of power! But if you succeed, those Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragments will be yours!"
    You don't need an extensive roster for this. You can do it with 4*s. It's laughable as the next level of difficulty so far.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Kapitz said:

DNA3000 said:

IRQ said:

From the Dev Diary:

You don't need an extensive roster for this. You can do it with 4*s. It's laughable as the next level of difficulty so far.
    4 disagrees but the statement that it can be done with 4*s is an objective fact. It can also be easily demonstrated. So, what's the basis for disagreement?
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    I think Kabam did a great job with CANADIAN difficulty.
    They were trying to make a mode that would add challenge, but still allow a lot of summoners to complete it for data acquisition.
    Leaning primarily on strong, but doable nodes was the perfect strategy.

As they said, this is step 1 in their quest to tune Cavalier.