**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's talk about Canadian Difficulty

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

Any news on increased difficulty in later weeks, @GroundedWisdom?

Good question lol. Shame he didn't bet me the 5 energy refills.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

arsjum said:

I’ll take that bet, shame you dodged me.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lol. This week was as easy (if not easier) than the previous week.

Kabam really needs to ramp up the nodes (or even the number of nodes) on the path.

Diss Track + Buffet seems alright. But still a cakewalk due to the low health of the defenders. Add in Recovery or Selective Timestream + Redoubled Determination or Sadist and it’ll be much more interesting.

The other paths... don’t even recall what nodes were there. Lol
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

How did your long debate with @LeNoirFaineant over AQ energy work out for you? ;)
    arsjum said:

arsjum said:

How did your long debate with @LeNoirFaineant over AQ energy work out for you? ;)
    People seem to think this means something. Nothing’s changed about what I posted over the 3-4 years. Betcha that 3-4 years is longer than you’ll be around for 45 minute timers though. ;)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

It increased. You can say it was easy for you, but let's be honest. The same people say everything is easy on here. The difficulty increased. Not monumentally, which is exactly what I said to begin with. Legendary is the next level up from Epic. It's accessible for anyone Level 55 and up. It's not Cavalier, nor is it required to be Cavalier. At some point it will likely grow into something similar, but probably no more so than Epic is like Uncollected.
    edited July 2020

arsjum said:

I didn't dodge you. There was nothing to see. Slightly higher PI isn't what we were talking about.

arsjum said:

It increased. You can say it was easy for you, but let's be honest. The same people say everything is easy on here. The difficulty increased. Not monumentally, which is exactly what I said to begin with. Legendary is the next level up from Epic. It's accessible for anyone Level 55 and up. It's not Cavalier, nor is it required to be Cavalier. At some point it will likely grow into something similar, but probably no more so than Epic is like Uncollected.
    Which is exactly what you said to begin with? What? When did you say that?

arsjum said:

I didn't dodge you. There was nothing to see. Slightly higher PI isn't what we were talking about. If you want to bet me that the difficulty ramps up from week to week in a meaningful way lets go.
    An increase in rank isn’t an increase in difficulty? That’s health and attack often accompanied by increases in abilities. That’s meaningful to me, I’ll take my refills.

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

People seem to think this means something. Nothing’s changed about what I posted over the 3-4 years. Betcha that 3-4 years is longer than you’ll be around for 45 minute timers though. ;)
    That's true. Nothing has changed. You were always wrong. Your argument that you need to login more with shorter timers was always wrong. The argument that it was detrimental was always wrong or why would they change it now?

arsjum said:

I didn't dodge you. There was nothing to see. Slightly higher PI isn't what we were talking about. If you want to bet me that the difficulty ramps up from week to week in a meaningful way lets go.
    An increase in rank isn’t an increase in difficulty? That’s health and attack often accompanied by increases in abilities. That’s meaningful to me, I’ll take my refills.
    We were talking in the context of Cavalier difficulty and GW laughed that it was week one. My recollection of these events is that the difficulty is fairly consistent and that week 4 wouldn't be substantially harder. I still believe that to be the case. Week two difficulty is not harder in any meaningful way. But I'll send you some refills at Christmas if it will make you happy lol.
    edited July 2020

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

That's true. Nothing has changed. You were always wrong. Your argument that you need to login more with shorter timers was always wrong. The argument that it was detrimental was always wrong or why would they change it now?
    Thanx for your, once again, ignorant opinion on what other people experience and how they play the game. Come back in 3-4 years when enough time has passed to compare the differences with timers.

I’ve explained it to you countless times but you have some sort of ideological block relating to looking past your own nose.

They would change it for numerous reasons. But usually when companies take a new direction it is because they are not meeting their goals.

P.S. If the current system evidences whether someone is wrong or right, I’ve been right for years now and you haven’t even been right for a day, yet. The scales will balance out in a few years, so until then just remember how long you were wrong for?

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

Thanx for your, once again, ignorant opinion on what other people experience and how they play the game. Come back in 3-4 years when enough time has passed to compare the differences with timers.

I’ve explained it to you countless times but you have some sort of ideological block relating to looking past your own nose.

They would change it for numerous reasons. But usually when companies take a new direction it is because they are not meeting their goals.

P.S. If the current system evidences whether someone is wrong or right, I’ve been right for years now and you haven’t even been right for a day, yet. The scales will balance out in a few years, so until then just remember how long you were wrong for?
    When I called you a condescending prig I must have been inspired lol. I can't think of a better description. Your "explanations" were rubbish countless times. More time and more flexibility will result in less stress and the need to login less. Also your P.S. addresses some other argument that I didn't make.

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

When I called you a condescending prig I must have been inspired lol. I can't think of a better description. Your "explanations" were rubbish countless times. More time and more flexibility will result in less stress and the need to login less. Also your P.S. addresses some other argument that I didn't make.
    When you refuse to see someone else’s experiences and understand them then you go on to describe those experiences as wrong, rubbish etc, it is not those experiences that are rubbish, it’s you. Just sayin.

And again you’re asserting things that you will experience as favorable, for you sure, for other’s no. And that’s really the issue between us, you can’t see past your own nose and anything that challenges that is a threat to you and you answer with bile. It’s a shame really.

The P.S. addresses the notion you put forth that timers being short now somehow evidences they are “right”. If something being in it’s current state evidences the truth about something then for 5 years the timer has been “right” and it will take an equal amount of time for the new timer to be just as “right”.

arsjum said:

arsjum said:

When you refuse to see someone else’s experiences and understand them then you go on to describe those experiences as wrong, rubbish etc, it is not those experiences that are rubbish, it’s you. Just sayin.

And again you’re asserting things that you will experience as favorable, for you sure, for other’s no. And that’s really the issue between us, you can’t see past your own nose and anything that challenges that is a threat to you and you answer with bile. It’s a shame really.

The P.S. addresses the notion you put forth that timers being short now somehow evidences they are “right”. If something being in it’s current state evidences the truth about something then for 5 years the timer has been “right” and it will take an equal amount of time for the new timer to be just as “right”.
    I haven't refused to see someone else's experience. I just know what is happening objectively and the fact that someone's experience in an isolated event might be negative doesn't mean it will continue to be so when the reality sets in, and it also doesn't outweigh the experience of everyone else.

The bile comment is very funny. Especially given the source. It is a shame. I feel shameful.

If you will look again, regarding the P.S., you might find that my point was actually something different.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,808 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Someone found it difficult = click left and choose Epic to play
    Someone found it easy = no content to play

That is the problem that people are trying to convey here.

There will always be people who will consider content easy. Abyss is the greatest proof on this. It was supposed to be (and it really is) extremely hard content, but despite that, many completed it in a few hours after release 😂

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Man that diss track buffet mojo in week 2 was one hell of a fight...
    They really did adjust the difficulties well by putting breakthrough global node tho
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I think the difficulty is fine for the first 2 quests in the first chapter. I assume that when Cav difficulty arrives we will have at least 3 chapters each with these 4 quests and each will be harder than the last, like normal EQ (which only have 2 quests each).

People seem to want the final chapter in the first 2 weeks. This is being gauged over 2-3 months so next month I expect the Herald difficulty to have 2 chapters (instead of 1) with the 2nd more akin to the difficulty end-game players are looking for, and the month after the 3rd chapter will be Maze type stuff.