**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

3 Debuff lane in Canadian Difficulty

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
So .. I'm curious . I've cleared 7 of the 8 paths .. but the lane I have left:

Longshot => Magik => Dromammu

is proving quite difficult for me :)

The al path:
Longshot => Hood => Mojo

I cleared easily enough with:
Blade, Mephisto, Archangel.

However, Dormammu kills that entire team comp .. .. :( So I need a replacement for either Blade or Archangel that can handle Dormammu ?

I've tried a number of champ, but ironically, Archangel has been my best bet at getting past Longshot .

I don't have Sunspot nor Human torch .. I realize those are probably the best options .. LOL

My top champs are: (in order of PI, 12k - 8k)
5* Ghost
5* Iceman
6* Venom
5* Mephisto
6* Guillotine 2099
6* The Champion
6* Hela
5* Wasp
5* Blade
6* Nebula

After that, these are 8k to 6k

5* Cull Obsidian
5* Crossbones
4* Captain Mavel Movie
4* Stark Spidey
4* Aegon
5* Archangel
4* Cpt America IW
4* Quake
4* Corvus Glaive
4* Thing
4* Hulk Ragnarok
4* Gamora
4* Hood
5* Domino
4* Sentinel
4* Heimdall
5* Yellowjacket
4* Archangel

After that, these are 6k to 4k

5* Dr. Octopus
5* Iron Man
5* Bishop
4* Spider-gwen
4* Omega Red
4* Elektra
4* Thor
4* Magik
4* Luke Cage
4* Black Widow
4* Red Hulk
4* Ultron
5* Starlord
4* Dormammu
4* Emma Frost
4* Daredevil
4* Vision (AoU)
4* Dr. Strange
4* Scarlet Witch
4* Winter Soldier
4* Cpt. America
4* Mr. Sinister
4* Ronan
4* Wolverine
5* Ant-man
5* Stealth spidey
5* Elsa Bloodstone
4* Electro
5* Mr. Fantastic

and I may have others .. but hard to list everything.

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I related, side question: Who has the longest debuff(s) in the game?
    (and are there any synergies that increase debuff duration?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    Can you get Iceman to build up to 3 stacks (and just avoid using Heavy which removes them).
    Also CapIW great (with Tech and/or Cosmic pair), or Quake. From your list.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Cull Obsidian. Use heavies to build armor stacks. Get like 6 or so and activate Rout. Should work.

Do you have Sunspot at all?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Do you have HT?
    edited July 2020

Can you get Iceman to build up to 3 stacks (and just avoid using Heavy which removes them).

Tried Cap ... couldn't get him working .. :(
    Tried quake ... not enough buffs going on her .. I couldn't get things stacked.
    (and I'm not a great quake player .. still learning)

Tried Iceman .. the frostbites are passives ... and no, I can't get the coldsnaps on fast enough.

Cull Obsidian. Use heavies to build armor stacks. Get like 6 or so and activate Rout. Should work.

Thanks .. this is exactly what I did do :) .. I just finished before I read all the replies .. hehe
    Thankyou!

Nope .. that's why I mentioned it .. ;)

Do you have HT?

Again, nope .. mentioned that .. ;) I knew those 2 would be the "easy mode" ... :(
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Beardo is probably your best option but you'll need to pair him up with a tech, cosmic or science (two different classes).
    For those classes I would reccomend:
    Tech - nebula (hold block to get a ton of shocks on the opponent)
    Cosmic - Heimdall/venom /cull to help you with the path.
    Science - Luke cage/Mr fantastic
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Tried Cap ... couldn't get him working .. :(
    Tried quake ... not enough buffs going on her .. I couldn't get things stacked.
    (and I'm not a great quake player .. still learning)

Tried Iceman .. the frostbites are passives ... and no, I can't get the coldsnaps on fast enough.

Thanks .. this is exactly what I did do :) .. I just finished before I read all the replies .. hehe
    Thankyou!

Nope .. that's why I mentioned it .. ;)

Do you have HT?

Again, nope .. mentioned that .. ;) I knew those 2 would be the "easy mode" ... :(

I replied before I read the whole thing lol. My bad.
    Dup'd CapIW (if not Dup, then forget it) should be a breeze especially if paired with 2 of the other 3 class pair. Between Tech, Science, Cosmic as the other 2 champs.

But even if only bring one of those classes, can build Debuffs faster by doing shorted combos until build up a couple.

Parry, 2-hit combo, evade, re-Parry, etc. couple times, then will have enough Debuffs to do full Combos for damage. When they fall off, then short combos again couple times. Etc.

Beardo is probably your best option but you'll need to pair him up with a tech, cosmic or science (two different classes).
    For those classes I would reccomend:
    Tech - nebula (hold block to get a ton of shocks on the opponent)
    Cosmic - Heimdall/venom /cull to help you with the path.
    Science - Luke cage/Mr fantastic

Thanks .. I did try all that .. no luck ..

I thought Nebula would work well, but man she just got melted by Longshot ... Guillotine as well :(

Tried the Luke Cage/Mr. Fantastic ... got close .. to be honest .. but it wasn't working well enough .. I just don't feel the 4* Luke is big enough to get the dmg in . :(

Cull is what did it for me .. finally .. but yeah, thank!

Dup'd CapIW (if not Dup, then forget it) should be a breeze especially if paired with 2 of the other 3 class pair. Between Tech, Science, Cosmic as the other 2 champs.

But even if only bring one of those classes, can build Debuffs faster by doing shorted combos until build up a couple.

Parry, 2-hit combo, evade, re-Parry, etc. couple times, then will have enough Debuffs to do full Combos for damage. When they fall off, then short combos again couple times. Etc.

CapIW is duped .. yes ..

Hmm, I 'll have to try that parry, 2-hit combo tactic next time .. but buffet punishes those evades .. :(

but yeah, I'll see if that works next time I try him ..

thansk!
    dot_ditto said:

CapIW is duped .. yes ..

Hmm, I 'll have to try that parry, 2-hit combo tactic next time .. but buffet punishes those evades .. :(

but yeah, I'll see if that works next time I try him ..

thansk!
    You’re welcome. Btw, those evades back in between 2-hits are actually still while opponent is coming off of parry-stun, so you retreat (without it counting as a Buffet Evade), and then ready to parry when opponent comes in again.

Or actually just a 2 or 3 hit Medium ending combo and just re-Parry immediately again as if you had done normal 5 hits (but it's quicker turnabout in time so builds Debuffs faster).