**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MJROCKSMJROCKS Posts: 16
    Stingerbk said:

MJROCKS said:

Mcord117 said:

ok I am going to be the bad guy here.An alliance under 20 mil and 9k prestige should not be able to finish plat 4. There are sooooo many alliances that are far larger with higher prestige that will steam roll either of those alliances that were struggling to hold onto gold 1 under old match making

Why not, we fought people the same prestige as us and won against them fair and square. The high rated G-2 and G-1 allys love this update because now they can squash the lower defenses of alliances like mine and reap rewards without putting in much effort, seems pretty good I guess
    All the system is doing is matching with people of similar war rating, I mean you both finished in p4. Oh you wanna keep fighting gold 3 and silver alliances while earning platinum rewards, no thanks, now you earn it or find your place where you fit.
    Keep fighting G3 alliances? U haven't played AW seriously in a while I guess. We fought all platinum alliances last season but much more closer to our rating. Had an average of 30-40 deaths and used to get the same amount of defender kills. We fought hard and fair, we will still fight hard and try to snag as many points as we can but it wont be fair at all
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    nvm9 said:

we are 17m rating and facing 30m alliance. let the post coming

Yes but your war ratings are almost identical. They are obviously not trying as hard as you guys. Even in Gold 1 you are punching above your weight class there. If you haven't gotten to Act 6 yet, this is what it's like there. I really don't know what your problem is or why you don't understand that this matchup is legit.

Your prestige differences are even that much. Alliance ratings is just each players PI added up. They could have more 2-5*'s ranked than you guys. It's not that bad. With their prestige, they are on average about 51 points per person higher than you. That's a very small gap.
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    QuikPik said:

ch4rn said:

Really is unfair. My 36 mil alli got paired with a 9 mil alli. I feel bad for them

And that 9m alliance has been getting the same season rewards as you for the past 10 seasons.
    That's Kabam's fault, and issue to have fixed in a better way. Now lower teams will get hammered, and it'll more than likely lead to alliances not bothering to even run war
  • DajaniraDajanira Posts: 1

Bro, because you aren’t facing correct level teams. It’s not that you aren’t skilled enough or something. But if you’re a 12M rated alliance taking away a platinum spot from a 30M rated alliance in what universe do you think that’s fair? That 30M alliance would smoke your 12M alliance but yet you get their spot? You aren’t better than them so why would you get that platinum spot?

This has been a long time coming and thank goodness it’s here. If you guys want to play platinum be prepared to play against REAL platinum level teams. Not other 10-12M rated alliances.

We were facing the correct level teams. The main problem lied with the extremely low rated players who got into very high ranks, for example, the master 2 fiasco. And what do you mean by REAL PLATINUM players? Does having a huge roster and r5 defenders makes you a platinum player, or does finishing act 6 & variants make you one? Our war opponents and we may be equally skilled but the variety of powerful champs they have is what makes the whole difference. It's like giving they guy with a better roster more rewards just for having a better roster.

Well, seeing the replies on this thread people are more than happy to crush smaller rated alliances instead of becoming tough enough to face and beat an ally their own size and strength, who doesn't love easy rewards I guess. Only kabam can save us now, they've had a bad record with addressing player problems but things were starting to look good lately

• ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★

ch4rn said:

QuikPik said:

ch4rn said:

Really is unfair. My 36 mil alli got paired with a 9 mil alli. I feel bad for them

And that 9m alliance has been getting the same season rewards as you for the past 10 seasons.
    That's Kabam's fault, and issue to have fixed in a better way. Now lower teams will get hammered, and it'll more than likely lead to alliances not bothering to even run war
    They are correcting the system. You shouldn't have been where you are at now in the first place. Would you rather them just cut your war rating and put you in a lower bracket automatically?
    I'd expect them to do a better where job where smaller alli's don't get a pummelling.
    Its certainly free rewards for my alli to face a 9mil alli, but it's clear that the smaller alli's are totally out of favour due to kabam

Did not mean to come as offensive but this is really frustrating especially with people trying to tarnish low rated alliance's hard work and calling them out for not playing against "real alliances". I get your point that higher rated alliances wanted better rewards and rightfully so but that doesn't mean that equally skilled but low rated alliances get shafted. Having put in a lot of glory, items, and even ranked up champs I didn' t wanna for AW only to beat by someone who has a better roster feels bad.

I guess I have raised my concerns in this thread, just hope that everyone gets good rewards at the end of this and a better solution is developed. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.