**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Poll: Is blade underrated?

lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
I personally believe that he's perfectly rated. Many claim that he's overrated, to the point that he's almost underrated.

Poll: Is blade underrated? 223 votes

yes
19%
Alfa_PigeonLeNoirFaineantHaji_SaabAjavedrishisaiTaylor505ImranarsjumPimpwithastickNojokejaymStingerbkBaseballguy711_Kill_Switch_MattManpseudosaneScopeotoe987CiciliatoZombieZeddDenzel116Remeli 44 votes
no
27%
Mr_PlatypusTimone147Raganatormum_m2FrostyNanoDroidNumanRavenrob_33Foxhero007SungjMikeyBoi69MasterduxGmonkeyPizzabeatCupidAgentDoom9Elad17HeattblasttDrDeadpoolBulmkt 62 votes
who cares? Blade is some outdated 2018 champ
14%
World EaterSpity68ZENTamamortLvernon15Monk1RoOOtsWorknprogresslIPowerIlLegendboy2411Smashraf135Robbo29192X_Factor_AgentKill_GreyWakanda4Ever278ArsozTotalMonster109VbnmePotatolegion 33 votes
he's perfectly rated
37%
SnakeEyes69TendersquadallinashesTitan_ChronosochochBpn88855Willsy21Solrac_2nameplasSpicyslicerkfd2010Samuel030sAnonymous346Ab_SamadBlackGekkougagohard123ThatGuyYouSaw235LilMaddogHTMR_MansbridgeMenkent 84 votes

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    he's perfectly rated
    He had his time in the contest
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

He's overrated.

still overrated? I don't think so
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    no
    Not overrated or underrated. Just average. Not the beast he used to be in 2018.

Downside that he requires 2 other champs to make him viable isn't great, especially because Ghost Rider is average in 2020 now.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    he's perfectly rated
    He is good without any doubt but he really can't stand a competition with Aegon,Nick and stealthy cause if you look into Act 6 blade shines in act 6 but Aegon,Nick and Stealthy shines more in Act 6 even Abyss. Blade needs his synergies and works against mystic and villains.Contest is grown too much, I doubt if he can carry on. He still have Regen and one of the best villains and mystic champions counter.
    no

He is good without any doubt but he really can't stand a competition with Aegon,Nick and stealthy cause if you look into Act 6 blade shines in act 6 but Aegon,Nick and Stealthy shines more in Act 6 even Abyss. Blade needs his synergies and works against mystic and villains.Contest is grown too much, I doubt if he can carry on. He still have Regen and one of the best villains and mystic champions counter.

Blade doesn't not shine in Act 6, unless we're talking 6.1. He definitely isn't good enough for late chapters of Act 6.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    yes
    ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

Blade doesn't not shine in Act 6, unless we're talking 6.1. He definitely isn't good enough for late chapters of Act 6.
    @ChriissR My alliance member used this OG Trinity so many members have used this Trinity for act 6 clear and some exploration.

So you can't say he is not good unless you haven't tested him.
    I've 100% all content in the game with Stark and Blade at R5. And in 2020, Act 6, Abyss have I never said, "this would be so much easier with Blade".

Blade was useful for one path in exploring Act 6 and that was the Gimme path. Useless for rest.
    I wouldn't call a champion who can clear entire paths in 6.3 with no potions and revives useless.

Blade is part his glory days, for sure. But let's not exaggerate.
    no
    arsjum said:

ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

@ChriissR My alliance member used this OG Trinity so many members have used this Trinity for act 6 clear and some exploration.

I've 100% all content in the game with Stark and Blade at R5. And in 2020, Act 6, Abyss have I never said, "this would be so much easier with Blade".

Blade was useful for one path in exploring Act 6 and that was the Gimme path. Useless for rest.
    I wouldn't call a champion who can clear entire paths in 6.3 with no potions and revives useless.

Blades useless without synergy. And goodluck bringing Stark Spidey into late Act 6, a few parries and he's under 50% health and also loses a huge portion of his damage. In Act 5, 2018, the trinity was amazing. In 2020, it comes no where close to the other champs. Blade isn't even top 3 Skill champs anymore lol
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Aren’t no and he’s perfectly rated the same?
    Also at this point without synergies I would say Ronin is better than blade.

You're joking right?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    he's perfectly rated
    ChriissR said:

arsjum said:

ChriissR said:

ChriissR said:

Blades useless without synergy. And goodluck bringing Stark Spidey into late Act 6, a few parries and he's under 50% health and also loses a huge portion of his damage. In Act 5, 2018, the trinity was amazing. In 2020, it comes no where close to the other champs. Blade isn't even top 3 Skill champs anymore lol
    You must not be good, cuz I’ve cleared plenty of lines of act 6 with stark (with and without boosts). Still one of the better techs out there in the game. His damage is dependent on you doing something you always do in the game; dodge. You don’t need to block and parry all the time.

Blade is a good champ; I use him here and there still but not as useful as he used to be. Don’t get me wrong he’s still a rightly rated champ, but he uses have diminished. I run back up in our war. So when I see the fights I’m needed for I will bring in blade. But my war team is very diverse, in season 18 I brought probably 12 different teams just depending on what’s left.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    who cares? Blade is some outdated 2018 champ
    He’s overrated imo, for a mid game player he’s amazing, but for endgame players he only really sees use in a couple act 6 paths and for aq, and for map 7 he’s only used on a couple paths
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    no

You're joking right?
    Nope. I have gameplay to support it too. Higher damage, more utility without synergies, but blades regen is really nice.

@KDSuperFlash10 add me on Line I can send video of him.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    yes

You're joking right?
    Nope. I have gameplay to support it too. Higher damage, more utility without synergies, but blades regen is really nice.

Why not post here? I think a showcase of Ronin would be beneficial to many viewers.
    no
    arsjum said:

You're joking right?

Why not post here? I think a showcase of Ronin would be beneficial to many viewers.
    I could try and post it on a YouTube account. Let me try to do so. All I can really showcase is his raw damage in a single vid. If there is any utility you would like to see showcased, just say so.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

I personally believe that he's perfectly rated. Many claim that he's overrated, to the point that he's almost underrated.

I personally have a rank 4 blade that I pair with my rank 5 Spidey for most contents (I've not been doing from act 6.2 upwards, just AQ, AW, and other questing)
    But to be honest I won't take him past rank 4, because his damage is not so great without his danger sense, but one thing no one can take from him is his great regeneration. Asides that, his damage output is just their and no lacks the utility most skilled champs have now. Plus kabam keep bringing out characters that don't help trigger his danger sense, hence the requirement of synergies. So blade is still very good for map 5, act 5 for sure, and some particular paths in EQ, but he can't be categorized as beyond god tier anymore. He's now a demi-god. ;)
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    no
    I don't think he's overrated, but rather other champs have surpassed him
    no
    LOThunder said:

I personally have a rank 4 blade that I pair with my rank 5 Spidey for most contents (I've not been doing from act 6.2 upwards, just AQ, AW, and other questing)
    But to be honest I won't take him past rank 4, because his damage is not so great without his danger sense, but one thing no one can take from him is his great regeneration. Asides that, his damage output is just their and no lacks the utility most skilled champs have now. Plus kabam keep bringing out characters that don't help trigger his danger sense, hence the requirement of synergies. So blade is still very good for map 5, act 5 for sure, and some particular paths in EQ, but he can't be categorized as beyond god tier anymore. He's now a demi-god. ;)
    Agreed.