**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Romans58 said:

This is such garbage, why would anyone new want to try and start playing the game? Why would any vets that don’t want to be on 24/7 want to stick around?

All this after July 4th cash grab?

Just further pushing ppl away.

Alliances should get balanced matchups and wins should get them good rewards.

Sorry for top alliances that can’t beat other top alliances being cry babies because they

I shouldn’t be forced to be in a top alliance to get decent rewards and you shouldn’t automatically get good rewards just because your a high level player. I’ve gotten good matchups and bad matchups but now the only option for good rewards is to join a top alliance again which requires too much time.

Likely I never spend another cent until this is fixed, if it gets fixed before I quit playing and find a new game.

#kabam’d

You obviously must play a different game. Aq is fully prestige, max sig and rare champs. Top rewards are the domain of spenders in war, aq and gifting events. If you want top rewards you need to be in a top alliance.
    No matter how great a fighter you are if your prestige is too low good luck no one will take you at the top.
    yeah that guy must be trolling. July fourth cash grab? people who are higher level and face more difficult content shouldn't get better rewards? not sure what they're smoking
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Prestige doesn't really mean that much, compare prestige of r5 hype and r5 surfer. Do you think surfer is a better champ?
    Same for total rating. You can have 8 r5s or 38, you still will use only 8
    Finally, you have similar war ratings. It only means you got same rewards for previous season. Do you think it's fair you get same rewards when your alliance (based on your logic) is weaker?

The alliance with higher prestige and rating is going to have stronger defenders and attackers. Yes, if you could hand pick 30 guys with only 8 (sig 200) R5s, and they were all skilled with the ideal 8 champs, they could fight a war with a much higher rated alliance. But that's not how it works. Having said that, low alliances that climbed higher than they could naturally climb due to the previous matchmaking are in for a rough couple of weeks. It'll sort itself out though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

How about the Alliances in the last few Seasons that decided to take a dive and avoid Defense Tactics, or protest Wars altogether. Does that factor in?

Who cares??? War ranking goes in order from who is the best. Not who won the most fights against the team with prestige closest to them. That’s the issue.
    If people are getting to the "best" by beating Alliances that have no chance of winning, then they didn't earn that spot, as far as I'm concerned.

ch4rn said:

Markjv81 said:

ch4rn said:

ch4rn said:

ch4rn said:

QuikPik said:

ch4rn said:

Really is unfair. My 36 mil alli got paired with a 9 mil alli. I feel bad for them

And that 9m alliance has been getting the same season rewards as you for the past 10 seasons.
    That's Kabam's fault, and issue to have fixed in a better way. Now lower teams will get hammered, and it'll more than likely lead to alliances not bothering to even run war
    They are correcting the system. You shouldn't have been where you are at now in the first place. Would you rather them just cut your war rating and put you in a lower bracket automatically?
    I'd expect them to do a better where job where smaller alli's don't get a pummelling.
    Its certainly free rewards for my alli to face a 9mil alli, but it's clear that the smaller alli's are totally out of favour due to kabam
    smaller alliances have been taking advantage of a broken match making system and now they are being brought inline with where they should have been the whole time.
    Ohhhhhhhhh... so its the "small" alliances fault for winning wars, when the entire blame for the flaw is on Kabam?
    Now that Kabam want to "fix" this mess, they penalise the alli's that did nothing wrong.
    Don’t think of it as penalised, think of it as properly rewarded.
    Word it as you will, but those alliances did nothing wrong at all. They played the rules Kabam set out. You can only play whats in front of you.

This is certainly a way to hit those alli's for a season to "balance" out something which was caused by Kabam.
    that's true. they didn't do anything wrong, and it was in place by kabam. however, kabam have changed their game so war is based off war rating which it should have been. alliances that are good at war will face other alliances food at war. there will be a transition phase, but it's for the better
    This is not a transition phase. This is forcing a large number of people to sacrifice their Season efforts to "fix" the system. It's a clear message that only the efforts of higher Alliances are worth something, and the rest are collateral damage, and expendable for the "system". That's about all I have left to say on the matter because quite frankly, it just makes me more angry.
    The one thing I wasn't about to do is sit and hear people downplay it like it's some inconsequential corrective measure. There are Players on the other end of this. People whose efforts are just as valuable as anyone else's. At least they should be, but it seems the only thing they're worth is "adjustment".
    Were the previous seasons a clear message that only the effors of lower Alliances were worth something, and that lots of higher groups are collateral damage, and expendable for the "system"? One season with some early losses while groups adjust to where they ought to be isn't the end of the world.
    No. The previous Season showed that Alliances given even Matches were winning what they earned. If the issue was the Rewards, that could have been handled differently. It's not their fault higher Alliances weren't winning their own Matches. It has nothing to do with fairness. Some Top Allies made a stink about not being able to massacre the little guys, so Kabam made it possible. Point blank.
    Markjv81 said:

How about the Alliances in the last few Seasons that decided to take a dive and avoid Defense Tactics, or protest Wars altogether. Does that factor in?

Who cares??? War ranking goes in order from who is the best. Not who won the most fights against the team with prestige closest to them. That’s the issue.
    If people are getting to the "best" by beating Alliances that have no chance of winning, then they didn't earn that spot, as far as I'm concerned.
    The fact these matches are happening is just evidence of how long the system has been broken. If kabam didn’t let it go for so long this wouldn’t have happened.
    Really fair fights are broken? Tell me. If people are so sure of their skills, why can't they win an even Match?

ch4rn said:

Markjv81 said:

ch4rn said:

ch4rn said:

ch4rn said:

QuikPik said:

ch4rn said:

Really is unfair. My 36 mil alli got paired with a 9 mil alli. I feel bad for them

And that 9m alliance has been getting the same season rewards as you for the past 10 seasons.
    That's Kabam's fault, and issue to have fixed in a better way. Now lower teams will get hammered, and it'll more than likely lead to alliances not bothering to even run war
    They are correcting the system. You shouldn't have been where you are at now in the first place. Would you rather them just cut your war rating and put you in a lower bracket automatically?
    I'd expect them to do a better where job where smaller alli's don't get a pummelling.
    Its certainly free rewards for my alli to face a 9mil alli, but it's clear that the smaller alli's are totally out of favour due to kabam
    smaller alliances have been taking advantage of a broken match making system and now they are being brought inline with where they should have been the whole time.
    Ohhhhhhhhh... so its the "small" alliances fault for winning wars, when the entire blame for the flaw is on Kabam?
    Now that Kabam want to "fix" this mess, they penalise the alli's that did nothing wrong.
    Don’t think of it as penalised, think of it as properly rewarded.
    Word it as you will, but those alliances did nothing wrong at all. They played the rules Kabam set out. You can only play whats in front of you.

This is certainly a way to hit those alli's for a season to "balance" out something which was caused by Kabam.
    that's true. they didn't do anything wrong, and it was in place by kabam. however, kabam have changed their game so war is based off war rating which it should have been. alliances that are good at war will face other alliances food at war. there will be a transition phase, but it's for the better
    This is not a transition phase. This is forcing a large number of people to sacrifice their Season efforts to "fix" the system. It's a clear message that only the efforts of higher Alliances are worth something, and the rest are collateral damage, and expendable for the "system". That's about all I have left to say on the matter because quite frankly, it just makes me more angry.
    The one thing I wasn't about to do is sit and hear people downplay it like it's some inconsequential corrective measure. There are Players on the other end of this. People whose efforts are just as valuable as anyone else's. At least they should be, but it seems the only thing they're worth is "adjustment".
    Were the previous seasons a clear message that only the effors of lower Alliances were worth something, and that lots of higher groups are collateral damage, and expendable for the "system"? One season with some early losses while groups adjust to where they ought to be isn't the end of the world.
    No. The previous Season showed that Alliances given even Matches were winning what they earned. If the issue was the Rewards, that could have been handled differently. It's not their fault higher Alliances weren't winning their own Matches. It has nothing to do with fairness. Some Top Allies made a stink about not being able to massacre the little guys, so Kabam made it possible. Point blank.
    And those little teams are now losing to the evenly ranked bigger teams. You have no point. You just sound like a sore loser who wants everything given to them without putting in the effort.
    I work for my War earnings. You think I'm arguing for some kind of unfair advantage? Go back and read my comments.

Alliances are going to get where they get in terms of rating by fighting other alliances with similar ratings. The ratings are skewed and are being fixed. It's funny how you base "earned" on whether or not you agree with something. In your mind, low groups in Plat 2 "earned" it even though they didn't have to face other Plat alliances to get there. They won the wars so they "earned it". Earlier in this thread you dismissed the very real problem of higher groups getting stuck in lower tiers by playing 50/50 wars against other higher groups in the same boat. They lost after all. Now you say that it isn't fair and the groups that will win these wars won't have earned their spot. You can't have it both ways bro.
    You don't face every Alliance in your Bracket every Season.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    edited July 2020

How does this happen? How on earth does my alliance with 8.2k prestige match up against one with 2k prestige. Kabam plz fix this it is absurd
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    We had the same experience. I got an alliance of newer players none of whom have a rating above 190 and most well below that and we are facing an alliance where not one member has a rating below 500k.
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

The fact these matches are happening is just evidence of how long the system has been broken. If kabam didn’t let it go for so long this wouldn’t have happened.
    Really fair fights are broken? Tell me. If people are so sure of their skills, why can't they win an even Match?
    If people are so sure they belong in a specific tier why can’t the win against any alliance in that tier?
    Two can play that game.
    Put them in a system they have a chance to, and I have no issue with that whatsoever. Only, they aren't. They're in a system that guarantees they'll lose, and people for this know that. That's why they're salivating at watching them lose.
This discussion has been closed.