**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DhruvshahDhruvshah Posts: 67
    Which means they tanked offseasons
  • DhruvshahDhruvshah Posts: 67
    Okay thx double take for showing both sides and nice work mate
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    xNig said:

Jorx said:

You got to be kidding kabam, is unfair the war between my alliance and one of 41 million
    You have to fix that

Based on war rating, it’s as fair as can be. Or were you benefitting from Plat rewards for the past 10 seasons and can’t fight other alliances ranked in the SAME tier as you?
    And even the prestige difference doesn’t make it an impossible match-up, at 9k I‘m guessing all the attackers are r4 if not r5 low sig. They can still play better than their opponents.

• midhun1mamachanmidhun1mamachan Posts: 77
    @DoubleDelta hmm. 🙄😒
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't know how's this fair, for example im playing an alliance now that only has 4 stars and 5 stars rank 3 and 4 and my alliance has nothing but 6 star rank 2 and 5/65 champs on defense right now they just gave up they already died 67 times and we have 1 death, can someone explain how is this fair to the other alliance, i mean im happy because we don't even have to waste item or clear map because this other alliance already quit so easy win for us but i actually feel bad for the other alliance because most of them don't even have more than 2 5/65 champs on their profile and they already spent so much items which was a waste, if this season is going to be like this then cool but i just feel bad for the other alliance that seriously has no chance to compete.
  • XProfessorXProfessor Posts: 4

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    wait can someone explain why the old system was based off prestige? I don't think I was really on the forums when that was changed. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I can't think of one. Doesn't really make sense to me. if you win a war, you increase your war rating, but you continue to be matched based off prestige? again, someone may have mentioned it, but I don't understand it lol. I'd appreciate if someone could explain. thanks in advance

I'm sure there are things kabam could have done better in this situation. They could have explained more about the implications for those who had inflated ratings and were going to be sh*t on for half the season. They could have extended the off season so people had more time to adjust their ratings. Even with this method, people would still have lost many wars and either way, their season rewards would have been the same after a season, so I don't think that would have matterwd wither. I still haven't seen any major differences in approach that anyone had said on this thread that would make sense. again, kabam could have
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Man people are really crying over losing to alliances becuase they have an inflated rating.
    Suck it up and move on, you are clearly not meant to play at that level.
    thats our war opponent...lost before it started. awesome matchmaking
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

wait can someone explain why the old system was based off prestige? I don't think I was really on the forums when that was changed. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I can't think of one. Doesn't really make sense to me. if you win a war, you increase your war rating, but you continue to be matched based off prestige? again, someone may have mentioned it, but I don't understand it lol. I'd appreciate if someone could explain. thanks in advance

I'm sure there are things kabam could have done better in this situation. They could have explained more about the implications for those who had inflated ratings and were going to be sh*t on for half the season. They could have extended the off season so people had more time to adjust their ratings. Even with this method, people would still have lost many wars and either way, their season rewards would have been the same after a season, so I don't think that would have matterwd wither. I still haven't seen any major differences in approach that anyone had said on this thread that would make sense. again, kabam could have

It was based off prestige to try and eliminate shell alliances and tanking.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't know how's this fair, for example im playing an alliance now that only has 4 stars and 5 stars rank 3 and 4 and my alliance has nothing but 6 star rank 2 and 5/65 champs on defense right now they just gave up they already died 67 times and we have 1 death, can someone explain how is this fair to the other alliance, i mean I'm happy because we don't even have to waste item or clear map because this other alliance already quit so easy win for us but i actually feel bad for the other alliance because most of them don't even have more than 2 5/65 champs on their profile and they already spent so much items which was a waste, if this season is going to be like this then cool but i just feel bad for the other alliance that seriously has no chance to compete. Not complaining thou because we should stay in plat 3 with these easy match up if thats how the season will go i almost laugh when war start and i saw nothing but 4 stars and 5 stars rank 2 and 3 and main boss a 5 star rank 4 mojo lmao

i dont think someone will beat this matchmaking
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    @Mauled That is mighty big of you. Not many on here react positively to this change especially when it may negatively impact them.
    just tell your ally to continue signing up for war, but not to waste any items. eventually, you'll get fair matches
    also, matchmaking based on win percentage will be hilarious. bronze 4 ally that has a roughly 50% win rate with no uncollected players against a plat 2 ally. theoretically, everyone should have a winrate of 50% eventually because the system will fix itself
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

I just want to say personally that I love these changes. I was in a 42 million alliance and stuck in gold 2 because I would get matched up with opponents who have the same rating as me yet 20 million alliances got plat 4 and plat 3 rewards. It was laughable.

yeah i first started trying to brng attention to this issue back 2 years ago when it seemed to begin happening....
    people originally tried to brush it off as not happening...

i saw it in the early stages, tried to bring attention to it, kabam did nothing, they let it goe, and fester.
    alliances have been climbing for 2 years fighting prestige wars wars.
    low allies climbing up high,
    big allies stuck low....

it has gone on too long.
    it makes sense the little allies re crying cus now they are gunna get the low rewards they deserve, and finally the bigger allies will get the bigger rewards they deserve.

the world where a 5mil ally gets gold 1 while a 40mil ally gets gold 3 are finally going to be over.
    its a good time for war matchmaking.
    lets all suck up some potentially hard matches for a season and then we can begin to see how we all rank fairly against eveyone.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    So my ally plays only occasisonal aw.
    But how is Our current war fair for Our opponent?
    We did both bronce 3 last season. There is no place for retired allys then?
    We only Do 5-7 wars per season.

I am in the 9K Prestige ally. The others got destroyed by Our first defender. It's an easy war yes. Fun... Not so. Fair? Not at all.

Lets See where the new matchmaking leads us to.
  • UnjustifiedUnjustified Posts: 14

We pride ourself in taking lower level people and helping them grow u build up better members that way they tend to stick around longer play better and it great for the community but how the hell are u suppose to progress in AW when ur going up vs a alliance that is gold 2 and we are silver 1 and there is a 500k average player difference this is stupid and Kabam has to fix match making
This discussion has been closed.