**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

Buttehrs said:

as others have said it was due to a previously broken unfair matchmaking system that has allowed small alliances to climb up higher than larger alliances where they did not belong.

now the matchmaking algorithm is changed there will be some bad matchups while the system corrects itself.

You mean after several rounds of AW, the matchmaking will be tuned into an appropriate algorithm?
    No, he means after several wars your war rating will be fixed to where your supposed to be. If it means you lose all those wars because you were over inflated in prior seasons then so be it.
    This guy gets it
    yep he does
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

as others have said it was due to a previously broken unfair matchmaking system that has allowed small alliances to climb up higher than larger alliances where they did not belong.

now the matchmaking algorithm is changed there will be some bad matchups while the system corrects itself.

You mean after several rounds of AW, the matchmaking will be tuned into an appropriate algorithm?
    No, he means after several wars your war rating will be fixed to where your supposed to be. If it means you lose all those wars because you were over inflated in prior seasons then so be it.
    exactly
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Dhruvshah said:

I understand but all I am saying is that they could have done this is the offseason they screwed us for season rewards

you cant do it in offseason bc high alliances lose wars then by not playing to start next season vs lower alliances. Thats why warrating is frozen in offseason
  • DhruvshahDhruvshah Posts: 67
    Dude u just proved my point this system is for highrated alliances
    Dude when people start they dont have 5 stars and some people dont like spending money and progressing takes time, war helps a lot with that
  • midhun1mamachanmidhun1mamachan Posts: 77
    Hi kabam.

Nowadays, our matchmaking is so bad. Specially after the introduction of new map and nodes.

This is data of my alliance,

This is our opponent team.

Please Stop matchmaking by comparing with war rating.
    In off season, war ratings can be reduced by loosing the wars,

Either stop redusing war rating in off season.
    Or
    You guys can match with the alliance prestige.
    Or .
    Matchmake with a new technique.
    Like,
    Alliance war count.
    Win percent.
    Or something else..

Kindly please please avoid these horror matchmaking..

MIDHUN MAMACHAN 😒😒
    (midhu)

Not a single one of u are In a low alliance I bet u are probably liking the unfair matchups
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    This will happen a lot in next 2-3 weeks as everyone finds their true place and tier.

Quite rightly you will now match someone on war rating only - look at the global list and u will see who has what rating, so should not be a surprise
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    QuietusDK said:

There’s a TWO point difference in war rating. That’s as fair as it can be.

If your alliance is really skilled and deserves the win, you can win it by dying less than the opponent.

If you can’t win, then what are you complaining about? Lol
    Okay, are you for real?

Yes, I'm aware that a two point difference is about as close as it gets. Despite your implied conclusion, I'm not moronic.

The issue here is not whether one alliance is more skilled than the other, unless you correlate alliance prestige with skill, but let me try to posting it in a way that then make sense.

The example is that a sunday league team that wins 50% of their matches, suddenly gets paired with a professional team, because they also happen to have won 50% of their matches.

Despite what Hollywood may have given you the impression of, no, the Sunday league team doesn't win by sheer pluck and a clever game plan.

So my complaint is, while obviously alliance prestige playing into matchmaking had flaws, at least it did attempt to minimize matches that were grossly unbalanced, power-wise.

This system will too, in time. Now is just the phase at which your overly inflated war ratings will backfire against you and you get matchups against stronger alliances due to it.
    Thank you for proving my point again
    And thx frosty for being calm about it
    The thing is we were silver 2 last season and the other one was gold 2
    So something fishy is going on there
    We were playing an ally that is twice as better us and already has 2 times the rewards so what is ur point
  • midhun1mamachanmidhun1mamachan Posts: 77
    @xNig , @Mauled
    Oh. Maybe you guys are right.
    But Bros, they are double of our alliance, maybe I can do, but not all my family can't. Few are new , few are learning, few are busy, few are talented. It's a mixed multinational Alliance.
    We felt this so bad. And I shared behalf of them.
    Thanks.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Below a certain tier war rating is NOT locked.
This discussion has been closed.