**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• UnjustifiedUnjustified Posts: 14

• Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    have you checked 5.3.4? I missed it the first time I checked, but found it after support told me
  • UnjustifiedUnjustified Posts: 14
    edited July 2020
    Lol does this look like similar ratings
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Lol does this look like similar ratings

The War Rating difference between those 2 is 1 point

• HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
    We are facing unfair matches and much stronger alliances than us! Need to get this fixed ASAP!
  • CecilPGCecilPG Posts: 3
    Stingerbk said:

MJROCKS said:

og_steele said:

This was the point. You guys with lower ratings shouldn’t be ranked so high. Many other alliances who are 30-40M are being pushed out of platinum by low ranked teams.

I’ve even seen plat 2 & plat 1 alliances that have only 5M team rating. With a very limited amount of spots in these top tiers they should go to the teams that actually deserve it. This matchmaking is meant to push teams like yours to the spots they really belong in. This is a long time coming.

Best of luck.

Teams that actually deserve it? Why do you think lower-rated alliances dont deserve it? They fought fairy too, used items, faced the same nodes and fought their way through equally tough alliances. High rated alliances have the advantage of a huge roster, many more options as well as having perfect counters. Low rated but equally hard playing alliances don't deserve to get shafted like this
    Yet they played against teams in gold 3 or silver tiers due to prestige and wanna earn rewards of higher tiers ??? Yeah now you earn it, match against fellow tiers and win.
    So you think is unfair that we get high rewards for winning against allys with the same strenght as our own, but yet you can't do the same with all of your huge roster of players? Ok, now I get It
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    I see suggestions that this reset should have been conducted during off season or to create some kind of special event that doesn't exist yet to do it, etc. I don't think that would work guys. I think you're missing a key point here. They had to do it during season (when it matters). Otherwise, it would all be about fighting wars just to establish a new rating. Guess what.. that leaves the system open to war rating manipulation. And you'd have folks like Grounded in here railing on about cheating via tanking, etc. Surely you see that. The only way to correct the system accurately is to do it during a season when there is zero benefit from losing. And by cutting the war ratings in half, they've done whatever they can to expedite the process. They didn't *have* to do that. They did it to try to make it less painful overall. They did something new they've never done before to try to help.

I really don't see how they could have done it much better. What's the alternative? Develope some kind of system to issue new war ratings to everyone automatically? Without even fighting wars? Of course not. Literally everyone would be complaining that they didn't receive the rating they deserve, etc. You obviously can't do that. And DNA touched on this. You have to fight the actual wars to create the data.
  • InvinciblesInvincibles Posts: 19
    sir ,,,
    myself tejsb leader of small alliance called tejsb invincibles,,,i want to drag your attention to inappropriate matchups,,,,in aw ,,,,,we are getting 2-3 inappropriate matchups every single aw season,,,,,,today in aw season 19 first aw we are facing alliance called multiverse legends ,,, yes for sure we both alliances are approximately equal in alliance war prestige 1350,,but both alliances are way too far ahead from each other ,,,, they are having average member rating of 1.1 m & alliance rating of 34 m and we are having average member rating of 0.72m with alliance rating of 21m and we are lagging way behind them ,,, yes for sure we can kill defenders for sure at platinum 4 level but many health portions will has to be dealt ,,,

i request u to plz look into this as we like aw more than aqs and eqs playing in mcoc as it being challenge in nature but aw matchups has to define some logic for matchups
    thank you
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    QuikPik said:

@Mauled That is mighty big of you. Not many on here react positively to this change especially when it may negatively impact them.

It's how it's got to be, especially for the longevity of the game mode. Anyway, everybody loves a David vs Goliath story.

Rewards aside, I prefer AW to AQ - less daily grind, no donations and it's the only truly competitive part of the game. If I want my favourite game mode to thrive then it has to be survival of the fittest. I know that my alliance isn't going to be swinging with the big boys because we run Map5. It's not that we couldn't do Map6 or 7, it's just that it's free, less log ins/coordination, but that doesn't mean that we can't push for high tier AW.

I've got a very well developed roster and have enough rank up materials to rank up what I need, pretty much when I need it from my 250m AQ loot, the only truly desirable loot for me is 6* shards and T5CC which are AW rewards, not AQ.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    CecilPG said:

Stingerbk said:

MJROCKS said:

og_steele said:

This was the point. You guys with lower ratings shouldn’t be ranked so high. Many other alliances who are 30-40M are being pushed out of platinum by low ranked teams.

I’ve even seen plat 2 & plat 1 alliances that have only 5M team rating. With a very limited amount of spots in these top tiers they should go to the teams that actually deserve it. This matchmaking is meant to push teams like yours to the spots they really belong in. This is a long time coming.

Best of luck.

Teams that actually deserve it? Why do you think lower-rated alliances dont deserve it? They fought fairy too, used items, faced the same nodes and fought their way through equally tough alliances. High rated alliances have the advantage of a huge roster, many more options as well as having perfect counters. Low rated but equally hard playing alliances don't deserve to get shafted like this
    Yet they played against teams in gold 3 or silver tiers due to prestige and wanna earn rewards of higher tiers ??? Yeah now you earn it, match against fellow tiers and win.
    So you think is unfair that we get high rewards for winning against allys with the same strenght as our own, but yet you can't do the same with all of your huge roster of players? Ok, now I get It
    I dont think you understand so let me explain it this way. You are facing 5* r4 low sig defenders with your 5* r5 a big alley is facing 5*r5 defenders high sig and 6* rdefenders. You see the difference in difficulty now. Those same knows that you're fighting against to come much harder with the right Defenders at heisig levels and high ranks on them versus what you were playing. Now you're playing against people who settle for the same rewards you did last year in the same tear and you're complaining. I see now you want them easy rewards that you were never meant to get in the first place.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Here’s an example for all you people crying about an unfair system.
    Liverpool won the premier league (top English division), Coventry city won the EFL league 1 (2 divisions down).

Who deserves the most reward money? Liverpool, obviously, because they had to face far, far stronger teams in every match, the worst team in the premier league would almost certainly beat Coventry.

Now, using this example, under the old matchmaking system, Coventry were being awarded the exact same amount as Liverpool because they both got first in their league. So they were being rewarded like they were equal to Liverpool. (Spoiler: they aren’t).

Now some of you will say ‘but this system is putting Liverpool against Coventry’... and you’re right, but it is temporary and necessary in order to fix the system so that the Coventry’s of MCOC alliances aren’t being rewarded the same amount as the Liverpool’s of Mcoc alliances.

IDK I'd rather face a leaky Norwich/Villa than an inform Cov ;)

100% true. You are who you beat. Can't have champions league football and play my Sunday league team, though I would graciously take the qualification money. It's the same principle here, if you can't beat a 45m alliance you shouldn't be above them.

If you're a 20m alliance and beat a 45m alliance - fair play. There's different brackets, they're skill brackets, but they're roster brackets to an extent too.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

i dont think someone will beat this matchmaking

you are not supposed to win vs them.
    You never played vs them before bc your prestige protected you. But being punished for a high prestige cant be the right answere.

In the end you need to beat them if you want the same rewards.

Are the "missmatches" painfull? Yes. But it has to happen to correct war. And it will only take 1-2 weeks to be done with it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    For a few weeks, you guys will have wars like this, but that's the effect of switching to this newer system, which is fairer. eventually, you'll get match ups that are balanced, meaning you've found the correct tier
  • JacquesOeuffJacquesOeuff Posts: 6
    Well, i’m curious to find out how this new matchmaking will develop. For now, we were paired with an ally that butchered us, eyes closed. Not much fun there...
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    If it’s a single reward tier system then the best teams should be at the top of the tree regardless of prestige and to be the best you should be able to beat every other team not just a select handpicked few that match your capabilities.

If you want a tier based system based on alliance prestige where only alliances in a given band range should be matched then the rewards should be tier based as well.
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    It finally seems like a fair system
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    QuietusDK said:

Markjv81 said:

11 million alliance should probably be in bronze somewhere so just be thankful you got extra rewards last season(s).

That's interesting. So you propose that bronze should be the holding pattern until what level? Until your alliance is 50% Abyss players?

Please, i would like to hear how a gradual ascent through ranks, starting at low silver, should be a mistake in matchmaking. We have faced alliances on paper well stronger than us before, and prevailed. Here, it's simply the magnitude of power difference I'm seeing as broken. But according to you, our previous 5 seasons were undeserved, because we can't fight an alliance 3 times our PI? Really...
    By beating alliances that are higher ranked than you. If you can’t do that then you can’t grow. Everyone alliance started from 0 and if that means you need to drop 6-7 wars before you land in your RIGHTFUL tier then so be it. Be happy you landed where did the last few seasons because of a flawed matchmaking system tbey finally fixed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    TJ82 said:

"Little League....Big League...."
    You think people are automatically better because their Champs are higher?
    Hate to break it to you, but the highest Champs don't make someone skilled.
    Matches were even. Nodes were the same. Fire power on both sides of the War were around par. Looks to me like some people with strong Champs couldn't accept batting average.

Thn let skill decide
    When there's no chance of a Win with skill because it's a handgun versus a bazooka, that's just flippant to say.
This discussion has been closed.