**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98

i have gone through pages and pages of this, with only one argument. There is no need to explain it anymore. The matchmaking is how it is, now. We heard complaints before, we will hear complaints now. Just accept and adapt. I support this matching tbh, our matches havent changed really, we are high enough to keep facing the same prestige folks (albeit a little stronger), but it is alright. It finally feels fixed.

That’s great for those that have, the have nots.....not so much.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

ApexofWar said:

See, I disagree. They have. The same Tiers had the same Nodes, right up to Tier 1.

An alliance with a low prestige does not deserve the same rewards as an alliance with double the prestige (and vice versa).
    You think there's fairness in high prestige alliances fighting other high prestige alliances to get lesser rewards than a low prestige alliance fighting other low prestige alliances?
    Are you slow in the head? Are you triggered? What's your deal?
    In War, yes. It's all about how they perform in War. If they win more of their Wars, and it's fair Matches, then yes. People keep saying it's more work for higher Prestige, but it isn't really. They're working with stronger Champs. So it's pretty much the same. Ego-bending, I know.
    You have clearly never faced a R3 opponent in tier 5 and up, and top alliances have every champ at R5 or R2 or R3. All the hardest and most annoying champs on the hardest node combinations that you've never even dreamt of. It's not the same thing. Just quit because you have no clue.

I'm facing an alliance right now, who has a higher war rating, and they're placing some maxed out 4* and R4 5* and a few R1 6*. We're loaded with R5's everywhere and they can't even complete the map in teir 5. They should have never be sniffing teir 5 and up wars.
    I'm going to say this one more time because I think the mic has been off.
    YOU HAVE BEEN FIGHTING STRONGER CHAMPS WITH STRONGER CHAMPS.
    Your opponent is stronger, but so is what you're working with. Which means the Wars are the same as someone with weaker Champs facing weaker opponents.
    They also fought the same Node combinations. With opponents equally as hard for them.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It's not the same level of difficulty. It takes me 5 large 100 unit potions to fully heal a R5 5*. It only takes 2 to fully heal a R5 4*.

And all of the smaller alliances are not fighting the latest and greatest defender right when they are released. If Sasquach turns out to be a great defender, you can bet the next war, a high prestige alliance will see them in abundance. Lower level alliances will not see top flight defenders for months.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

BuGi said:

Confusing concepts
    Lightweight has its own champion
    Heavyweights have their own champions
    The difficulty of the venue is the same
    3r4 vs 3r4 will not lose to 5r5 vs 5r5
    But 3r4 vs 5r5 must be boring
    If aw's ranking is based on the championship pool.
    Just spend money. You can't beat the richest player,

If you CANNOT beat the richest player why you WANT to beat him?
  • BuGiBuGi Posts: 22
    Greekhit said:

In War, yes. It's all about how they perform in War. If they win more of their Wars, and it's fair Matches, then yes. People keep saying it's more work for higher Prestige, but it isn't really. They're working with stronger Champs. So it's pretty much the same. Ego-bending, I know.

War isn’t all about how you perform, like the real war, it’s more about firepower.
    Whether you like it or not higher prestige players have worked harder than lower ones. That’s a fact. They are working with stronger champs because grind/paid a lot for them. Do the same if you can.
    If it is a war, no alliance will fight a war that is bound to fail. It should not draw lots to decide the opponent.
    If it's a game, it's fair to compete.
    QuikPik said:

It's not the same level of difficulty. It takes me 5 large 100 unit potions to fully heal a R5 5*. It only takes 2 to fully heal a R5 4*.

And all of the smaller alliances are not fighting the latest and greatest defender right when they are released. If Sasquach turns out to be a great defender, you can bet the next war, a high prestige alliance will see them in abundance. Lower level alliances will not see top flight defenders for months.

It's not the same level of difficulty because it takes more to heal Champs higher up? That has nothing to do with the level of difficulty. For that matter, the system only allows 15 Items and rewards people who don't Revive.
  • Stark_90Stark_90 Posts: 19
    My alliance, where people are at level just begining to rank 4 their 5 star champions, many still have 4 star maxed champions as their "go-to" champions, are being matched with opponents who have multiple Rank 5 5 stars. There is world of difference between summoners in my alliance and summoners from the alliance we being matched with, in terms of experience in game as well as skill level.
    One needs empathy to understand how someone else may feel about this new system of match making.
    I saw an example above where an underdog football team won the championship. I do not think that example is at all relevent here.
    Many of who have pointed out the unfairness of the new matchmaking system are just saying we could have won if we did not have this unfair disadvantage.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

-sixate- said:

ApexofWar said:

See, I disagree. They have. The same Tiers had the same Nodes, right up to Tier 1.

An alliance with a low prestige does not deserve the same rewards as an alliance with double the prestige (and vice versa).
    You think there's fairness in high prestige alliances fighting other high prestige alliances to get lesser rewards than a low prestige alliance fighting other low prestige alliances?
    Are you slow in the head? Are you triggered? What's your deal?
    You have clearly never faced a R3 opponent in tier 5 and up, and top alliances have every champ at R5 or R2 or R3. All the hardest and most annoying champs on the hardest node combinations that you've never even dreamt of. It's not the same thing. Just quit because you have no clue.

I'm facing an alliance right now, who has a higher war rating, and they're placing some maxed out 4* and R4 5* and a few R1 6*. We're loaded with R5's everywhere and they can't even complete the map in teir 5. They should have never be sniffing teir 5 and up wars.
    I'm going to say this one more time because I think the mic has been off.
    YOU HAVE BEEN FIGHTING STRONGER CHAMPS WITH STRONGER CHAMPS.
    Your opponent is stronger, but so is what you're working with. Which means the Wars are the same as someone with weaker Champs facing weaker opponents.
    They also fought the same Node combinations. With opponents equally as hard for them.
    ok. So. what happens when you pit that stronger alliance against the weaker one?? How come the weaker alliance gets better rewards than the stronger one.

again, I'll throw the analogy of Long Island Lutheran, and the Knicks. Because if LIL has a better win %. Does that mean they should be compensated more than the Knicks???? Does that mean Manny vs Mayweather should receive less money than a fight between two guys below rank 20?
    Greekhit said:

It's not the same level of difficulty because it takes more to heal Champs higher up? That has nothing to do with the level of difficulty. For that matter, the system only allows 15 Items and rewards people who don't Revive.

Higher level healing items require more units spent. More units mean more grind or pay, which is technically equal to higher difficulty.

No. Not at all. That's just expecting to get more for paying more.
    War rewards performance. The scoring doesn't include a metric for spending.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

BuGi said:

Greekhit said:

War isn’t all about how you perform, like the real war, it’s more about firepower.
    Whether you like it or not higher prestige players have worked harder than lower ones. That’s a fact. They are working with stronger champs because grind/paid a lot for them. Do the same if you can.
    If it is a war, no alliance will fight a war that is bound to fail. It should not draw lots to decide the opponent.
    If it's a game, it's fair to compete.
    Then take the loss... stop acting like you’ll always get a never ending stream of bad matchups.
    IT WILL BECOME FAIR EVENTUALLY.
    WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU ALL TO UNDERSTAND.
    because they benefited from the broken system and refuse to accept that. they claim the new one is imbalanced, and it will be for the beginning. however, it'll be normal if you just play wars and find the right tier. grounded clearly benefited from the old system and when it changes for the better, it's about the little guys that he cares about. like I said before, he wanted the gates for act six because it wouldn't matter for him and it curved progression. now that this affects him and people are being placed where they shouldo, it's a terrible change and unfair for everyone else. don't feed the troll anymore. I genuinely thought everyone was overreacting about him in the past, but thine eyes have been opened

Greekhit said:

Higher level healing items require more units spent. More units mean more grind or pay, which is technically equal to higher difficulty.

except unless you are in t1/t2 folks dont really "pay". So you want folks to be "punished" for doing well in AQ, grinding for one game mode, by getting penalised in another. Seeems fair, innit.
    The metrics account for how people perform. Not what they spend. If they have to spend to make sure they don't die, that's what they have to do. However, the scoring is the same for everyone. Don't K.O., get more Points. K.O. your Opponent, get more Points.
    Greekhit said:

In this game (and nearly all similar structure games), you get more for paying more.
    Are you sure the instaled application on your device is named “Marvel Contest of Champions”?
    You can spend out the Ying Yang, but unless you get those Wins with it, you don't get anything besides Participation.

Greekhit said:

except unless you are in t1/t2 folks dont really "pay". So you want folks to be "punished" for doing well in AQ, grinding for one game mode, by getting penalised in another. Seeems fair, innit.
    The metrics account for how people perform. Not what they spend. If they have to spend to make sure they don't die, that's what they have to do. However, the scoring is the same for everyone. Don't K.O., get more Points. K.O. your Opponent, get more Points.
    Then KO your opponent in war. Dont complain about the difficulty.
    I'm not. Don't know how many times I've said I'm not here for myself. I'm here because I called it the second they announced the change, and now people are getting dumped on for being treated unfairly when all they did was play their own bloody Wars. So many bitter people on here.
  • Well then the people you represent cannot complain either.
    Yes they can. That was the whole point of what I just said. They have valid complaints and all other people are doing is pouring salt on the wound because they're lapping it up.
  • Foodeat86Foodeat86 Posts: 1
    This is bad joke...really..of course the Whales won... Not enjoying the game with these new features
This discussion has been closed.