**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Poll: What is your preferred form of communication in mcoc?(for alliance chat)

lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
As most of you know, the in game chat sucks. Weird random censoring, lag and unsent messages. That is why many alliances use external communication apps. I want to find out which one of these is your favorite. My personal favorite is discord, because it is simple to use, has a PC app, and is built for gaming.

Poll: What is your preferred form of communication in mcoc?(for alliance chat) 103 votes

discord
14%
MysterioUltimateBatJokeRockypantherxdot_dittoBarter33Icy000KapitzOctoberstackTheInfintylowlevelplayerSuperiorSymbioteAdokAlmccarthyMrGreekBScott 15 votes
line
65%
GroundedWisdomCarmel1LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusRaganatorbuffajrManup456Titan_ChronosJim0172Samuel030sGmonkeyHendrossLiss_Bliss_WerewrymCupidDarthPhalThedancingkidLittle_Crocodili29LordRaymond3spaceoctopus 67 votes
whatsapp
2%
Battle_GreninjaCiciliatoAayush19 3 votes
basic SMS(texting)
0%
MrFerhat 1 vote
snapchat
0%
I love in game chat and I think it is enough.
16%
Anonymous346Gamesbond90heartbreakid_22RamadaWoody15UmbertoDelRioThicco_ModeSilver_SagaXdSpoodermanxDFisticuffsMusikmenMathgeekCaptain_HVercingetorixCrcrcrclaxtheCreper_KGaming1 17 votes

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    line
    Do alliances actually use snapchat??
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah i use in game. Not bc i love it, but because our ally is pretty chill. I kinda wished we did so we could ask people to clear nodes, but i dont mind that much
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    discord
    FiiNCH said:

who knows? maybe
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    line
    I doubt anyone likes in game chat. If they use in game chat it's probably cause they are casual.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    in game chat is too advanced for amateurs at communicating
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I hate the in-game chat. But Line or Discord is too time-consuming for me so I'm in an alliance with my friend that runs Line and if there's anything that I need to know, he texts me. I've never been able to find a solid alliance that doesn't run a communication platform so this is a great way to do it since I don't have to be constantly checking Line/Discord/whatever or getting tons of notifications.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

in game chat is the only one I use

why though? its so bad
    because I’m getting other apps I’ve never gonna use, and i don’t get the numbers of my alliance mates. I’ll only have their number if their my friend irl
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    All I use is in game chat cause I’m in a chill ally, but if I had to choose a 3rd party, I would go with discord.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

All I use is in game chat cause I’m in a chill ally, but if I had to choose a 3rd party, I would go with discord.

exactly this for me
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I just use the ingame chat. My alliance is pretty chill and i dont need random messages buzzing at all times
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    You read it before but here it is again : chill AQ only alliance, ingame chat is enough, don't want to use a 3rd party app.
  • line
    I use line but prefer smoke signals
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    line

FiiNCH said:

who knows? maybe
    Going off your poll results, I guess not!
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    discord
    Discord is really good for general alliance chat and bg chats in one happy server, rather than having multiple different gc’s to keep up with and find in x app, you just go to your server and then to the specific channel
    discord
    one reason why you should use external apps: Alliance mates aren't just people you play with, they are friends. Its a lot better to communicate out of game
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    WeChat because line and discord are both banned in China
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

quelle surprise
    discord

I've used line in china before. Granted, i had a vpn, but still.
    PS. for those wondering, it is possible for a citizen of china to obtain a VPN inside the country. You do need a certain amount of wealth and the proper "connections" though. My cousin's family, who've lived in china for their whole lives have managed to obtain expressVPN. Whether its legal or not is another question.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    line
    I have met so many amazing people though LINE, its a great app
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I really don’t see the appeal of Line. Discord has more organization, plus I know it better.