**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant Decision/Help

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys, it's ya boi, thicco coming at you with another banger- Ok for real, I want to go for either variant four exploration or variant three completion and a possibility at exploration. I've done one run through variant four already and I've 100% the second chapter. Do you think I'd be able to explore it with this roster? I'm mainly concerned with the first two quests, as the second two chapters are pretty easy.

for the electro boss, the paths are easy for me but the boss is pretty hard. on my first rhb through, I used my r1 bishop and some revives. I could probably repeat it, but I want to conserve revives and potions if I can, so is there a better option?

for the second quest, it's the opposite for me. the paths look a decent bit harder(I took the aggressive path on my first run). the Deadpool boss was easily cheesed by my cmm and heavy spamming, so I'm not concerned about him.

would it be worth going for 100% of v4? the r5 gem looks juicy, and I have an option ready to go for four classes. for science, I have caiw, but he's unduped and torch and invisible woman. for tech, I have doc oc and a few others, so that's my main concern. it seems like a good choice, but im not sure if my roster is capable.

concerning v3, I have a six star ghost and a maxed five star warlock. if needed, I'll also rank up sentinel. if really needed, I have a tech AG. I'm not sure if v3 would be a better option to go for. I would appreciate any help. thanks!

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Just do v4. Start at the back, work your way to the front.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Fair warning. The 2* Hulkbuster in the stun immune biohazard path in 3.2 is really nasty to fight now. Get ready to take a lot of shock damage.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Just do v4. Start at the back, work your way to the front.

yeah good idea. maybe the gem I get can be useful
    ItsDamien said:

Fair warning. The 2* Hulkbuster in the stun immune biohazard path in 3.2 is really nasty to fight now. Get ready to take a lot of shock damage.

noted. thanks for the tip!
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I would do V4. If Chapter 1 isn't difficult for you, than you should be mostly good. Chapter 2 is pretty simple.
    Chapter 3 is where it starts to suck. You'll want to have a developed 2-Star roster and a 1 star hulk. If you don't have a one star hulk, then prepare for 600+ hit fights on the caustic temper path.

yeah I'm mostly concerned with the second quest in v4, and particularly about the path nodes an defenders. my 2* roster is pretty good and I have the infamous 1* hulk. chapter 2 seems like the easiest, so I 100% a while ago. thanks for the advice
    oof. thought I posted my roster. what's the best option for the first electro boss?

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

oof. thought I posted my roster. what's the best option for the first electro boss?

Not even joking.... Bishop
    ItsDamien said:

yeah that's who I used for my first run. actually pretty cool interaction. I was wondering if anyone I already ranked up would be a good option. I'll probably just rank him to r2 so I save some revives
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Explore the first chapter of V3 first because the two magnetos are the bosses, and I’m thinking you don’t want to face them post-buff
    edited July 2020

Explore the first chapter of V3 first because the two magnetos are the bosses, and I’m thinking you don’t want to face them post-buff

damn that's a good point. are they hard?
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    That warlock will tear through a good chunk of v3. And it’s worth ranking up sentinel for v3 as it was designed for him to shine. You can also use both of them in v2.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Id reccomend doing an inital run of V3, then going back to explore V4 you have a nice roster and the champs to do it
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    The hb isn't too bad, it took me one revive with a vision . Also, I did v4 100% a few days back . It's fairly easy . The worst path for me was the aspect of evo power gain path, destructive feedback was easy since I'm decent at intercepting . Go for it v4 was easy , although fighting mordo 3 times can be a sucky experience. Just take that fight slow . No point in rushing it and messing up. Good luck .
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★

ItsDamien said:

yeah that's who I used for my first run. actually pretty cool interaction. I was wondering if anyone I already ranked up would be a good option. I'll probably just rank him to r2 so I save some revives
    You can use cmm to burst him down . He's pretty easy if you're at binary in the start . If it doesn't seal the deal , then just throw your champs at him . He's not that chunky.
    edited July 2020
    thanks for the tips, all. I'm probably gonna go for v4 exploration first, considering I have more experience with that. Or if exploration is too hard, I'll go back and do v3
  • Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
    Pratham02 said:

The hb isn't too bad, it took me one revive with a vision . Also, I did v4 100% a few days back . It's fairly easy . The worst path for me was the aspect of evo power gain path, destructive feedback was easy since I'm decent at intercepting . Go for it v4 was easy , although fighting mordo 3 times can be a sucky experience. Just take that fight slow . No point in rushing it and messing up. Good luck .

that mordo is a real pain point... i hated that fight the most....
    edited July 2020

Pratham02 said:

that mordo is a real pain point... i hated that fight the most....
    where is he?
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Posts: 157
    Deffo v4 but get ready for that like hulk ting in chapter 3