**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SkitardSkitard Posts: 55

2nd graders took a math test that consisted of addition and subtraction problems. 9th graders took a calculus test. The 2nd graders all got As and Bs while the 9th graders were mixed results from As to Ds. So clearly the 2nd graders are smarter and should just graduate right?!! Right?...

That's apples and oranges guy... don't bring your ignorance into the debate... bring logic instead...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Timone147 said:

@GroundedWisdom do you really think that the only difference between players in a 5000 prestige alliance and a 10000 prestige alliance is rosters size.

I would guarantee that a majority of the time a very large skill difference as well. Those players in a 10k prestige ally have grinded through content that forces people to evolve their skill even if they are big spenders. Also many players at that level are f2p or barely spend so they had to evolve their skills to overcome without spending.

The match ups in previous seasons are what they were given so ya not their fault. But can we stop pretending that the only difference between a 5000 prestige alliance and a 10000 prestige alliance is roster size. Can we stop pretending that a 10k alliance verse a 10k alliance is the same as a 5k vs a 5k. The time spent in game does more than just grow your roster.

Just as long as we can stop pretending this is about the Rewards and not just about getting even with them for winning.
    I’ll add this to the list of insult citations we were chatting about earlier.
    No. You implied my comment was that people weren't skilled, and they bought their Rosters. I said no such thing.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    Skitard said:

2nd graders took a math test that consisted of addition and subtraction problems. 9th graders took a calculus test. The 2nd graders all got As and Bs while the 9th graders were mixed results from As to Ds. So clearly the 2nd graders are smarter and should just graduate right?!! Right?...

That's apples and oranges guy... don't bring your ignorance into the debate... bring logic instead...
    That was logic. And a perfect comparison. Sorry you can’t understand it. It’s meant for the others to have a laugh.

Timone147 said:

@GroundedWisdom do you really think that the only difference between players in a 5000 prestige alliance and a 10000 prestige alliance is rosters size.

I would guarantee that a majority of the time a very large skill difference as well. Those players in a 10k prestige ally have grinded through content that forces people to evolve their skill even if they are big spenders. Also many players at that level are f2p or barely spend so they had to evolve their skills to overcome without spending.

The match ups in previous seasons are what they were given so ya not their fault. But can we stop pretending that the only difference between a 5000 prestige alliance and a 10000 prestige alliance is roster size. Can we stop pretending that a 10k alliance verse a 10k alliance is the same as a 5k vs a 5k. The time spent in game does more than just grow your roster.

Just as long as we can stop pretending this is about the Rewards and not just about getting even with them for winning.
    No. You implied my comment was that people weren't skilled, and they bought their Rosters. I said no such thing.
    Well then how did they get their rosters. You said it wasn’t skill because they are beneath you. So which is it?

Timone147 said:

Well then how did they get their rosters. You said it wasn’t skill because they are beneath you. So which is it?
    You're just putting words in my mouth. Seriously.

Timone147 said:

Hmm. Sounds familiar doesn’t it... 🤔. Hi kettle! I’m pot! 🙂
    You're misrepresenting my comments.
    QuikPik said:

Timone147 said:

Hmm. Sounds familiar doesn’t it... 🤔. Hi kettle! I’m pot! 🙂
    You're misrepresenting my comments.
    Yes. I remember you misrepresenting most people in the game. But you do you
    Mic drop.....
    If you want to call twisting my words to be needlessly argumentative a mic drop, by all means. Encourage him.
    Speeds80 said:

@Skitard i was uncollected before I had an r4 5* (not even sure I had an r3) and was never a spender, I beat the collector On all paths with a 4* night crawler that I ran 4* arena for. I’ve spent maybe $100 total in 5 years in the game. You kept saying we have less skill than you. We just didn’t have an even playing field. You were advantaged in the old broken system, now we do

Playing a game more to grow and get better?! Stop that!! Lol
    Speeds80 said:

@Skitard i was uncollected before I had an r4 5* (not even sure I had an r3) and was never a spender, I beat the collector On all paths with a 4* night crawler that I ran 4* arena for. I’ve spent maybe $100 total in 5 years in the game. You kept saying we have less skill than you. We just didn’t have an even playing field. You were advantaged in the old broken system, now we do

I never said you had less skill than me... less comprehension ABSOLUTELY... but not less skill...

I'm stating that when placed in an even playing field winners should benefit more and losers should benefit less... you keep saying I'm comparing my skill to yours... and i haven't once done that... I'm saying that my alliance beating an enemy alliance of the same strength should reward us the same as your alliance beating an equal strength alliance...

You guys keep disagreeing with my posts because it means if you can't beat an alliance on your level you feel I'm saying you should get smaller rewards than my alliance if we beat an alliance on our level...

At no point have I said that at all...

I'm saying winners in lower rated alliances should receive rewards that are a fraction of the same level of a higher tier bracket...

Not that strong alliances losers should receive ridiculously low rewards... they should still surpass the lower tier rewards... as in all of those high tier alliances should receive 6 star shards... and stuff..

But so should the strongest of the weaker alliances... not as many... but some...

I really wish you guys could understand what I'm saying... i feel like my 4 year old son would understand the simplicity of what I'm saying better than the majority of you have...
    Ebony_Naw said:

Timone147 said:

It's 100% about the rewards for most people here lol
    Is it really? Why was the Matchmaking changed and not the Rewards then?
    Did it sink in that time?
    lol... i still got a disagree when I stated that the higher rated alliances do deserve better rewards than the weak alliances... but that the lower rated alliances shouldn't be shafted... which only goes to show how stupid people are... i assume they realize that if the lower alliances are able to receive rewards that aren't as crappy then they would have the chance to build up and stomp the weak alliance that was recently stronger than they were... typical...
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Pulyaman said:

Everyone keeps talking about the Rewards and here they are proud as peacocks that the Matches are uneven. The Rewards could have been dealt with. No, no. It's about watching the Allies with weaker Champs fail. 100% sport loss.

It's really surprising that people seem to think that this change is going to elevate them so much. Even in @QuikPik analysis, how many alliances were there that were not supposed to be there? These guys were getting matched with almost equal war rating earlier too. What got them riled up was that they saw some lower rated alliances being places higher than them and it was raised every season. I agree that it was not an ideal system but doing it this way is also not good. Sorry for the comparison, telling the alliances getting huge mismatch that it will be better in a few wars is like saying to woman getting **** it will all be over soon.
    It doesn’t matter how many alliances are there that weren’t supposed to be there.

In this new (or old old) war rating system, everyone will rank at where they are supposed to rank.

There is no ideal system, but this new system is much fairer than the previous prestige based one.

(On a side note, it also gives me the joy of watching low entitled alliances cry over getting a bad matchup when deep down, they know the war rewards at the end of the season are way more generous than they’re supposed to earn given their progression levels.)
    Oh, I have no issue with the system itself. I agree that the earlier system was broken and it was being unfair to some alliances. It needed to change. What I don't agree was the way kabam went about it and the way alliances that were supposedly screwed simply telling to wait for it to settle down. And I don't think feel down anyone knew they did not deserve the rewards they were getting. They won the war and saw the prizes go up. I don't think majority of the people had any idea about the other higher prestige alliances getting screwed. Some did and they messed with the system, but I believe a majority of them did not and thst is why you see so much complaining about unfair match ups.

Also, many people have raised that they were stuck in g2 or g2 while alliances lower than them were placed in p4 and p3. If you look at the excel shared, most of the discrepancy seems to be in gold tier and very little are in the plat and master tiers. That is why I think the shakeup could be focused on the bottom tiers than the top ones. I could be wrong and I look forward for @QuikPik to analyse and tell me hopefully.

P.S This system works wonders for me so it is not for me that I am speaking. We crushed our opponents as they could not clear the map
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Timone147 said:

It's 100% about the rewards for most people here lol
    Is it really? Why was the Matchmaking changed and not the Rewards then?
    Ask Kabam
    Kabam listened to the complaints of people. Everyone kept saying they wanted Matchmaking fixed. The issue wasn't the Matchmaking, it was the Rewards structure. It had part to do with the Rewards, but the real argument was that bigger Alliances didn't get a chance to overpower the smaller ones. "They would never win against us!"
This discussion has been closed.