**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Since the measurement is over a period of a number of Wars, that has to be for all Wars.
    At least for the number they're counting towards the end.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    And if you want to compare this to race relations you’re the equivalent of a white South African saying bring back the unfair system (apartheid) because it was really good for me
    Basically you don’t want to have to fight the people who’s rewards you’ve been taken and want to keep doing so
  • SkitardSkitard Posts: 55
    Arsoz said:

Skitard said:

yes @Arsoz ... that way you still have a shot of getting great rewards even if you are a medium leveled alliance... like a small amount of 6 star shards... I'm talkin a few hundred not thousands... and i believe all placements in the high leveled alliances should receive 6 star shard rewards as well... hundreds for the lower thousands for the higher... I'm not saying ridiculously high rewards for the qeak and low rewards for the strong like these guys are hellbent on believing i said...

Yeah idk if i can say this but injustice 2 mobile has a gamemode called champions arena where there are 9 divisions and if you get enough points you advance to the next division and so on but instead of demotion if you have enough points to not pass but not get demoted then you stay in your division
    And do people buy this fair?
    It’s not that a tier system couldn’t work, it’s just that in the big picture what you are freaking out about won’t be here in a few weeks. And the headache of designing and implementing that system won’t be that big a deal once these war ratings level out. This season is a shambles, maybe kabam should give everyone one tier higher rewards than where they finish, that would appease a lot of people. Maybe a design idea seperate chat is a good idea, the second issue is that if you think lower tier alliances deserve gold level rewards because they have been able to get them and because they can beat other low level teams, you just took the motivation out of the veteran room, we have played and love this game for a long time, we are a little protective about too much rewards too early in the game
    Speeds80 said:

It’s not that a tier system couldn’t work, it’s just that in the big picture what you are freaking out about won’t be here in a few weeks. And the headache of designing and implementing that system won’t be that big a deal once these war ratings level out. This season is a shambles, maybe kabam should give everyone one tier higher rewards than where they finish, that would appease a lot of people. Maybe a design idea seperate chat is a good idea, the second issue is that if you think lower tier alliances deserve gold level rewards because they have been able to get them and because they can beat other low level teams, you just took the motivation out of the veteran room, we have played and love this game for a long time, we are a little protective about too much rewards too early in the game

The problem is it's a few weeks of sabotaging their Season outcome.
    xNig said:

That system was the old system AQ was using.

Ask around and see which system players (those that have been through both, not the wannabe newbies) preferred.

People who have been around long enough to be high enough not to be affected by this prefer this way.

Speeds80 said:

I

The problem is it's a few weeks of sabotaging their Season outcome.

Yeah I totally agree with that I just think the call for a tiered system or bringing back the old system is a freak out about this one season thinking it’s the new norm, compensation for this season would be completely justified in my opinion.
    Sorry @Arsoz that was meant to say "do players find it to be fair on injustice?... if so that's what I'm talking about... yes...
    @Speeds80 Sorry, I didn't want to mess up that quote any further.
    I was just explaining the reasoning behind the system I suggested. At this point, the Season is underway and it is what it is. I'm not sure about Compensation, but in an ideal solution, the Matches that were part of this adjsutment period should not have counted towards the Season.
    edited July 2020
    Speeds80 said:

And if you want to compare this to race relations you’re the equivalent of a white South African saying bring back the unfair system (apartheid) because it was really good for me
    Basically you don’t want to have to fight the people who’s rewards you’ve been taken and want to keep doing so

and if you want to compare this to race relations you're like the white plantation owner saying bring back slavery we are more superior and deserve everything that is good... they are inferior to us and deserve nothing...?

Two can play that game...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Skitard said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Skitard said:

Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

For those of you who do agree with a bracketing system... kudos to you...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...

The bracketing system has one major advantage, in that you would never have to face an alliance that ridiculously outmatched you. Certainly every individual war would be more fun. One question I have is where do you put the brackets? The issue with parsing continuous variables into discrete categories is where do you draw the line? I think we would all agree that there is a big gap between a 5k and 9k alliance, but what about a 5k and 7k ally? 7k and 8k? 8.5k and 9k? 9k and 9.1k? Where are we putting these brackets and why there? No matter where Kabam would draw the line, people would get shafted.

But even then, let's say Kabam were to find that perfect sweet spot to separate tiers, there is yet another issue, which is perhaps even more flawed in my opinion than the initial one I brought up. Namely, your league is stagnant for the entire season. Sure, you're fighting for rewards, but you have no opportunity to grow into far better rewards. Everyone should have the right to that opportunity.

So for me, the real question is once the mismatches settle down, are there still going to be enough mismatches in lower tiers to warrant locking brackets, or would the mismatches only start once you climbed really far? Because the latter choice should be the natural challenge progression of war seasons imo
    at the same time the way it'll be soon will be the same scenario you just spoke of... alliances stuck in a spot with no hope of climbing up past a certain level because they can't get the the rewards to grow strong enough to drop the alliances above them because the alliances above them are all receiving better rewards... so yeah... the tier bracket would be somewhat difficult to set up... but not impossible... and would make it way better for everyone and not just for the ridiculously strong alliances... but "fair" won't benefit the strong alliances that only stay high on the chain because the ones below them aren't even close in power...
    Everyone in the higher tiers started low and grew stronger without this. Why would there be no hope of growing stronger for low alliances now? Yes, you won't have the benefit of the nonsense we had the last few seasons, but neither did any of the higher prestige groups.

Skitard said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Skitard said:

Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...

The bracketing system has one major advantage, in that you would never have to face an alliance that ridiculously outmatched you. Certainly every individual war would be more fun. One question I have is where do you put the brackets? The issue with parsing continuous variables into discrete categories is where do you draw the line? I think we would all agree that there is a big gap between a 5k and 9k alliance, but what about a 5k and 7k ally? 7k and 8k? 8.5k and 9k? 9k and 9.1k? Where are we putting these brackets and why there? No matter where Kabam would draw the line, people would get shafted.

But even then, let's say Kabam were to find that perfect sweet spot to separate tiers, there is yet another issue, which is perhaps even more flawed in my opinion than the initial one I brought up. Namely, your league is stagnant for the entire season. Sure, you're fighting for rewards, but you have no opportunity to grow into far better rewards. Everyone should have the right to that opportunity.

So for me, the real question is once the mismatches settle down, are there still going to be enough mismatches in lower tiers to warrant locking brackets, or would the mismatches only start once you climbed really far? Because the latter choice should be the natural challenge progression of war seasons imo
    at the same time the way it'll be soon will be the same scenario you just spoke of... alliances stuck in a spot with no hope of climbing up past a certain level because they can't get the the rewards to grow strong enough to drop the alliances above them because the alliances above them are all receiving better rewards... so yeah... the tier bracket would be somewhat difficult to set up... but not impossible... and would make it way better for everyone and not just for the ridiculously strong alliances... but "fair" won't benefit the strong alliances that only stay high on the chain because the ones below them aren't even close in power...
    Everyone in the higher tiers started low and grew stronger without this. Why would there be no hope of growing stronger for low alliances now? Yes, you won't have the benefit of the nonsense we had the last few seasons, but neither did any of the higher prestige groups.
    Never said that they can't grow stronger... i said that they won't ever be able to catch up...
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Skitard said:

Skitard said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Skitard said:

Never said that they can't grow stronger... i said that they won't ever be able to catch up...
    I couldn’t even catch up to players in the top alliances and I’m sat on 20+ 6*s and 15 r5s/r2s so you can forget about catching up to the top.
This discussion has been closed.