**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss Initial Completion Guide with Data as a F2P - Void, Sym Sup, Aegon and Fury

WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
Hey everyone, back again with another guide.

After starting my first path on LoL and then 100%ing it in 4 days just over a month ago, I've been saving for the Abyss since.
(See my previous guide here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/180691/labyrinth-100-as-a-f2p-from-first-path-to-100-in-4-days-a-comprehensive-guide-w-aegon-data#latest )

This is supposed to be a comprehensive guide for Path 1 (Easy) so you know exactly what to expect in terms of resources and time taken, and hopefully you can do it too!

For Path 1 there are 20 bosses:

Item Usage
7852 units started
4657 units finished

I started with 18 L1 Revives in Stash and only 2 L2's so a lot of units wasted on revives
Farmed a lot of L3's in RoL and used all my Love Potions so approx the equivalent of 150 L3 potions

Team:
5/65 Aegon 200
5/65 Void 200
5/65 Sym Sup 120
5/65 Nick Fury 10
4* Quake for 3 evade charges (keep Fury alive)

Mastery Highlights:
5/5 Deep Wounds for Aegon and Nick Fury
Turned off suicides this time (kept them on in LoL) as I'm not just using Aegon anymore
5/5 Limber - You can sometimes eat a special and be alive and recover from the stun
3/3 Courage and 2/5 Assassin
1/5 Unfazed
3/5 Mystic Dispersion

General Tips:
- I try taking breaks in between fights but it's hard to do so when you have 3 boosts running that is why I stretched it across the day, I feel like this helped avoid making more mistakes and didn't cause my thumb to fall off
- Doing 100% LoL really helps you out with this and I think I learned a lot from there on how to tackle this

Individual Fight Guides:

Thing
Build your combo and by the end of the fight you will be at about 550 combo with Aegon, quit out as you run out of your Skirmish Charges. I held an Sp3 all the time so if I messed up his rocked stacks, I could stun and get him back to a bar of power with 15 stacks.

Omega Red
Do one combo and maybe a hit after and then dash back, if you get to 10 spores it's about 1.3k per tick.
He plays very aggressively so keep baiting those Sp1s with Aegon and you will just reach 999 god combo here.
He also evades A LOT as he's a Mutant vs a Skill so keep paying attention to your combos

Quake
Chunky opp at 5.7mil, straightforward with Aegon, if she has a charge on you when it's about to expire make sure you're attacking/save your sp3 for it so you don't get stunned.

Medusa
Sym Sup shreds this, her AI is passive as and her long specials can ruin your Specials rhythm with Sym Sup but at one point I had 15 bleed stacks on her.

Mephisto
Void makes easy work of this and you I had 2 Fear of the Void's active for a couple combos every minute or so. The first minute is the only one you have pay attention to before you get petrifies as he gains power passively.

Captain Marvel Movie
Well, she as infamous as everyone says, after using a couple team revives to see who was best Sym Sup and Fury could only get so much damage in so Aegon Heavy style was most effective. Bait an Sp1 of hers before the first power flood and then you can nuke into her in the corner and chain a couple specials (sp2 with the furies after her getting hit was 7.3k bleed per tick) before she gets to her Sp3, This is the fight to rainbow boost, using your 1hr ones you have saved. I used ONE more revive on the Collector fight than this one (19 revives - technically 11 since two of them were Team Revives) she was that horrible for me without Doom.

Ghost
A Ghost circus indeed as you spend more time watching her backflip then attacking her, watch your power and make sure she uses her special before you hit every multiple of 10, slow fight you can only combo and a half before making her special. Aggressive AI helps you bait her out atleast.

Ironman IW
Same node on Ghost so the first 85% are easy but it really gets painful on the last 15%. I think it helps doing the 6.3 so you can get over the fear of fighting such stacked versions of him but you are constantly dodging Sp2s. It's important to remember with Aegon that a critical hit can you still be achieved by hitting into blocks to gain true accuracy and fail his autoblocks.

Joe Fixit
Easy with Aegon/any champ, quit if he rolls Hearts and that's it. He gains power flood over time so watch that too.

Mordo
Same node on Mephisto, Void makes easy work of this and a petrify is all you need at the start and you shouldn't die for the rest of the fight til your charges run out. His power gain reverses it a lot, not too bad of a fight at all. Getting started is the hardest part as he is so passive and adding salt to the wound he says "Fight Me Coward" constantly while he holds block stealing your freakin Skirmish Charges

Venom the Duck
Sym Sup is awesome for this, really easy to get the Sp3 and Sp2 spam cycles going - didn't have to worry about regen since I was staggering so much.

Howard the Duck
Straightforward Aegon/anyone fight - stun at 60% and 30% to avoid Regen or Thunderquack

Hyperion/The Champion
Both done with Sym Sup, but harder to do as they don't have as many buffs as VTD (especially Hyperion) so you can't really Sp3 and Sp2 cycle much. I think this is where only 3/5 Mystic Dispersion would hurt me and definitely slowed down the fights for me.

Red Cyclops
Actually found this one fun, got into really good rhythms and hitting 200 combos sometimes with Aegon. If you parry you take zero block damage but if you mistime the parry you take quite some damage so heal up for this one. The node helps with the yellow dex symbol telling you to dex it the green icon is for parry.

Loki
Play aggressive and only Sp2 with Aegon right when you're about to hit your Sp3 as he drains your power. Keep in mind that while you're throwing your special you are losing power which will most likely kill you ensure you're much over a bar.

Aegon
Straightforward Aegon/anyone fight, nothing to say lol

Invisible Woman
This fight hurts your thumb getting through her shields, used Nick Fury which worked a treat. I watched Seatin's livestream and saw IW regened 60% health when he placed multiple internal bleeds on her so I chose not to place more than one. No idea how the interaction works so if anyone plays IW insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cull Obsidian
Used Sym Sup and baited Sp1's to nullify 1%, not as effective to cheese with Doom though and treated it as a normal fight basically.

The Collector
Finally made it here and was so excited, the first 20% are really easy and only used about 1 or 2 revives, but as you get to about 60% it's all about holding your heavy and just nuking into him with your 6+ furies and chipping away. I killed off the Fury evade synergy for this one so you go straight into heavy baiting and going nuts.

Well that's it ! Thank you for reading and I hope more players that aren't right at the top of the endgame give it a go! (I've never been above Gold 1). Special shoutout to Seatin, Lagacy and @jnikolas92 for your guides! Extremely helpful for me so give them a look too.

Comments

• mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    Great write up, looking to do my run soon just saving more units and stashing more revives. Going in with the 4 Horsemen all 5/65 and quake for synergy
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    mmmbanyas said:

Great write up, looking to do my run soon just saving more units and stashing more revives. Going in with the 4 Horsemen all 5/65 and quake for synergy

You will probably save 1k units compared to my run, good luck!
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    OG CM is a better 5th slot over quake imo. The damage increase is substantial
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Woozie said:

Rewards were worth it too, should I do it!? He’s only Sig 48 :(

R3 him asap and sink all the sigs you get into him you won't regreat it
  • DestroyyourchamDestroyyourcham Posts: 38
    So its like approx 4100 Units if we add up all ur stash revives. Cool
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    @Woozie congrats, super hyped for your abyss completion! also really glad to see you got some bomb rewards!
  • KobeLivesKobeLives Posts: 44
    That's an awesome guide. I would absolutely R3 Cap. I love your little tips, I'll be going in next week hopefully. Can I ask who you would bring with my team? Aegon Doom Void and SS I think, and the fifth maybe Heimdall or Proxima

KobeLives said:

That's an awesome guide. I would absolutely R3 Cap. I love your little tips, I'll be going in next week hopefully. Can I ask who you would bring with my team? Aegon Doom Void and SS I think, and the fifth maybe Heimdall or Proxima

Thanks mate!

I think that team is fine but you may struggle on Invisible Woman without Nick Fury to continuously place debuffs on her so you don't get stunned when power sting expires - but it's possible.

I think Quake is still good for the charges but if you want to add proxima for the shield and 25% fury potency I think she would be great. Make the most of Path 1 where you only need 4 champs in theory with space for synergies because the other 4 paths look very specific for every fight.

• LeoCruzLeoCruz Posts: 33
    Very helpful post. I have one question does symbiote supreme needs to be awaked for easy path completion?? I am also planning to go for my 1st run but don’t have any other option for mystic nullify champ.
    @Woozie
    My best team to go for is below
    Aegon 5* sig 200
    Void 5* sig 160
    Corvus 6* unduped
    Sym supreme 6* unduped
    Hemdall 5*
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    LeoCruz said:

Very helpful post. I have one question does symbiote supreme needs to be awaked for easy path completion?? I am also planning to go for my 1st run but don’t have any other option for mystic nullify champ.
    @Woozie
    Aegon 5* sig 200
    Void 5* sig 160
    Corvus 6* unduped
    Sym supreme 6* unduped
    Hemdall 5*

No he doesn’t require to be duped but dupe sometimes come handy when you unable to place stagger
    Put at least 3 points in MYSTIC DISPERSION to make SS more effective
    edited July 2020

LeoCruz said:

@Woozie
    Aegon 5* sig 200
    Void 5* sig 160
    Corvus 6* unduped
    Sym supreme 6* unduped
    Hemdall 5*

No he doesn’t require to be duped but dupe sometimes come handy when you unable to place stagger
    Put at least 3 points in MYSTIC DISPERSION to make SS more effective
    Exactly what he said! @LeoCruz - I think MD 3/5 is the sweet spot because anything more and it's sp3s and you miss out on the Sp2 damage/bleeds.

I'm not too sure on Corvus - but I understand if you don't have N.Fury
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    How long does the mephisto fight take with void? Is it faster than torch without prefight ability?

How long does the mephisto fight take with void? Is it faster than torch without prefight ability?

@Woozie ?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey4112
    depends on if he's duped and how well you play. May search some videos on yt. I'd say about 20 minutes. Also you want to play slower to deal more passive damage. Took me about 4-5 revives with not duped boosted r2 6*
    Aleor said:

@Kill_Grey4112
    depends on if he's duped and how well you play. May search some videos on yt. I'd say about 20 minutes. Also you want to play slower to deal more passive damage. Took me about 4-5 revives with not duped boosted r2 6*

Thanks

@Kill_Grey4112 If I had Torch I would've used him.

However, with Void in these long fight scenarios, you always have 1 Fear of the Void active which deals a lot more damage and if you play aggressively (which you're able to in this fight) you can get 2 FOV's up at the same time - it's up to you in how you want play it because playing passively and letting the debuffs do the damage is more efficient, I just suck at playing like that
    Woozie said:

@Kill_Grey4112 If I had Torch I would've used him.

However, with Void in these long fight scenarios, you always have 1 Fear of the Void active which deals a lot more damage and if you play aggressively (which you're able to in this fight) you can get 2 FOV's up at the same time - it's up to you in how you want play it because playing passively and letting the debuffs do the damage is more efficient, I just suck at playing like that
    Oh, thanks man.
    Looks like torch isn't absolutely needed then!
  • Daniel930702Daniel930702 Posts: 51
    edited July 2020
    R5 sig 200 void took mephisto down with 2-3 revive. Also a f2p player and did my AOL run with 2.6k units+stash l1 revive. Aegon is only sig 28 so probably could've been way cheaper if I didn't spent so much revives on building combo