**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks for 45 minutes AQ timers we didn't have to tag anyone

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
As title. It's smooth, easy and no pressure at all.

We can finish the map much faster. Thanks Kabam.

Ps pretty sure there are some who want to keep 1 hour timer lol. Knew some.

Comments

• XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    Ya. Now AQ become relax . We finished early and can have our own time . Good move Kabam
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

Ya. Now AQ become relax . We finished early and can have our own time . Good move Kabam

Why is your name so familiar?
    You talking about @xNig ?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’m all over it personally. Having enough energy to knock out a path in one go is essential, especially as 90% of us work for a living and sneaking off to the bathroom to move in AQ is a guilty secret we don’t tell the missus.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

As title. It's smooth, easy and no pressure at all.

We can finish the map much faster. Thanks Kabam.

Agreed. One of the best improvements in a while.
  • XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

Yeah. Polar opposites too. Iirc single g was against timer reduction
    Why he want to against timer reduction ? All my alliance mate are happy . We can balance our life now .

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Yep good move Kabam 👍

Hope you will do the same for Alliances War 😊
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

Why he want to against timer reduction ? All my alliance mate are happy . We can balance our life now .

Because then you'll have energy faster and you have to login more.like WHAT?? OR I think it was, if you can't login 10 times a day you don't deserve those rewards. Never mind of you have the roster and skill. " Oh your mother is hospitalized and can't login as often? " NOOB
    Lol I didn’t say that. I said there’s no NEED to reduce and I’m fine with 1 hr timers.

I actually also mentioned it quite early on that a good compromise of 45 mins will be good.

So if you wanna be an ars, at least get your facts straight. 😊
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

GOTG said:

Ps pretty sure there are some who want to keep 1 hour timer lol. Knew some.

For sure. No tagging is needed because there is so much time to do them.
    Wait...that's crazy. I was told that shorter timers would result in more tagging, more stress, and more logging in by People who Know...
    edited July 2020
    A quick search gave me these results.

From https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/199374/if-you-want-to-fix-aq-lower-the-timers-to-30-minutes/p1
    xNig said:

True enough. 30 min timers will make AQ easier and faster to clear, even if some alliances act like idiots and demand people to login more often to spend their energy.

Problem is... The current AQ map was designed with 1 hour timers in mind. Lowering it to 30 mins, which essentially doubles the energy given, cannot come without a downside that might cause a redesign that extends the map.

45 mins to 1 hour timers are fine. 30 mins is too much of a stretch. Communication, organization, and responsibility from members are what makes AQ efficient and enjoyable, not timers.

In addition, the max energy was increased to 6 so everyone caps out at 4.5 hours instead of 5. If it wasn't increased, capping out at 3.75 hours can be pretty tiring.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    yea i like the shorter timers and they've done 6 e instead of 5
    We finish way faster now
    Not nearly a huge headache anymore
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

From https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/199374/if-you-want-to-fix-aq-lower-the-timers-to-30-minutes/p1

xNig said:

True enough. 30 min timers will make AQ easier and faster to clear, even if some alliances act like idiots and demand people to login more often to spend their energy.

Problem is... The current AQ map was designed with 1 hour timers in mind. Lowering it to 30 mins, which essentially doubles the energy given, cannot come without a downside that might cause a redesign that extends the map.

45 mins to 1 hour timers are fine. 30 mins is too much of a stretch. Communication, organization, and responsibility from members are what makes AQ efficient and enjoyable, not timers.

In addition, the max energy was increased to 6 so everyone caps out at 4.5 hours instead of 5. If it wasn't increased, capping out at 3.75 hours can be pretty tiring.
    Personally I couldn't care less about capping out with 30 minute timers. Who cares if you are burning energy if there is lots of energy to burn? I also agree that it was manageable with 1 hour timers. My point was always that it was more fun with 30 minute timers and you could avoid the stress that came if someone went MIA due to unavoidable circumstances. But I like the compromise. 45 minute timers and 6 energy make AQ better and more fun.

xNig said:

xNig said:

Personally I couldn't care less about capping out with 30 minute timers. Who cares if you are burning energy if there is lots of energy to burn? I also agree that it was manageable with 1 hour timers. My point was always that it was more fun with 30 minute timers and you could avoid the stress that came if someone went MIA due to unavoidable circumstances. But I like the compromise. 45 minute timers and 6 energy make AQ better and more fun.
    Yeah. There’s less stress over sitting at full energy as compared to before while waiting for a link to go down.

My main worry with dropping energy to 30mins was a map revision since the energy increment will be too drastic. 45mins, as I mentioned earlier, was a good compromise, made even better by having a max cap of 6.

It’s coming to a point whereby you really wonder whether it even makes sense to have energy costs in AQ since people sit on full e very regularly.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Map 5, log in 4 -5 times a today when I have 6/6 energy. Awesome result for finish the map earlier and will give more sleep. That’s quality of life
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Very happy to see this change. No downside at all for my small group.
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

Because then you'll have energy faster and you have to login more.like WHAT?? OR I think it was, if you can't login 10 times a day you don't deserve those rewards. Never mind of you have the roster and skill. " Oh your mother is hospitalized and can't login as often? " NOOB
    Lol I didn’t say that. I said there’s no NEED to reduce and I’m fine with 1 hr timers.

I actually also mentioned it quite early on that a good compromise of 45 mins will be good.

Hmmm... Guess I didn't read all the posts. My fault. But I do remember something along the lines of " if you can login those many times then don't do aq? And drop down maps"
    Possible. If we look at it objectively, without the removal of linked nodes for this refresh, the number of logins required for all maps is actually the same. The only difference is we now have a bigger pool of faster energy to sit on while waiting for the linked nodes to be cleared.

In other words, if a person can only login 2-3 times a day, he/she still doesn’t belong to a BG doing Map 6/7 unless the BG is okay to carry them due to the excess energy with the mid season refresh (This opens up a whole new can of worms but it’s up to the alliance and BG to manage.)
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Just wait they gonna make the map longer when they redesign it
    Piviot said:

Just wait they gonna make the map longer when they redesign it

It’s possible. But I double it’ll be 33% longer (from the 25% energy reduction). If it does happen though, my guess will be a rough 10-15% increase, but nothing we can feel since we are really really overflowing with energy. Lol
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Xnigg said:

Hmmm... Guess I didn't read all the posts. My fault. But I do remember something along the lines of " if you can login those many times then don't do aq? And drop down maps"
    Possible. If we look at it objectively, without the removal of linked nodes for this refresh, the number of logins required for all maps is actually the same. The only difference is we now have a bigger pool of faster energy to sit on while waiting for the linked nodes to be cleared.

In other words, if a person can only login 2-3 times a day, he/she still doesn’t belong to a BG doing Map 6/7 unless the BG is okay to carry them due to the excess energy with the mid season refresh (This opens up a whole new can of worms but it’s up to the alliance and BG to manage.)
    I didn't get what you said exactly but now we have to login less. One of my teammates didn't even get to play in the third section. We finished 8 hrs prior to the end of quest . I had champs free for a long time.
    Depends on map. Map 6/7 has paths that require 10 guys.