**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CPP Beta Server

MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I want to discuss this new Beta server the CPP’s have access to now. I think this has crossed passed a point where this is something all summoners should have access to.

Testing new champs and making videos is a good thing, but this new server has allowed them to test out ANY champion at any power level in any circumstance they choose.

One could argue or gives them an unfair advantage, being able to practice with any champ against any champ with seemingly unlimited resources. Almost like giving a handful of players unlimited duel credits....only way better.

The videos on a broken Sabrertooth synergy are a perfect example of the kind of testing that can be done on this server. I would love to try and ramp up different champs in different circumstances...why limit this to only the select “chosen ones”?

Comments

• KeriParkerKeriParker Posts: 54
    Gmonkey said:

Unfair how? They are in the business of creating content it is how they get paid, by streaming platforms. I love to see the synergies and such they find and counters. Kabam is not going to create a second environment for all summoners that does not make money and would be too expensive. If I was them I would charge for it there is the cost of support and running the environment.

well said man. This is exactly my point
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I think in one of the Dev diaries they said they wanted to work on a practice battlerealm or something like that. Maybe this is the first step? Yeah I'd love to test out champs everywhere like they get to do. For those who say it's unfair, I actually agree IF they have not completed all content. If the CCP is going to get access to the entire battlerealm in a Beta form, I think a requirement to be in the CCP should be all content needs to be completed. If they have completed all content then it's perfectly cool.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Some of you guys are ridiculous

what exactly is your opinion on this?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

I want to discuss this new Beta server the CPP’s have access to now. I think this has crossed passed a point where this is something all summoners should have access to.

Testing new champs and making videos is a good thing, but this new server has allowed them to test out ANY champion at any power level in any circumstance they choose.

One could argue or gives them an unfair advantage, being able to practice with any champ against any champ with seemingly unlimited resources. Almost like giving a handful of players unlimited duel credits....only way better.

The videos on a broken Sabrertooth synergy are a perfect example of the kind of testing that can be done on this server. I would love to try and ramp up different champs in different circumstances...why limit this to only the select “chosen ones”?

Then apply to join the CCP. This whole post screams "give me what they have cause I want it now".

Who says they have unlimited access and it won't be closed for periods of time?

Would it be nice to have something similar for regular players? Sure. Maybe that's down the road a bit and this is a testing ground. Being in the CCP has always let them play around with new champs before others. It's nothing new.
    alternate solution: get a job at kabam. Dork Lessons(dave) has infinite access to the dev build because he's an employee

alternate solution: get a job at kabam. Dork Lessons(dave) has infinite access to the dev build because he's an employee

When did he become an employee?

ever since he started appearing in the deep dives and other official MCOC youtube videos. Either he's an employee, or he's has some sort of special relationship with kabam
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    edited July 2020

This is a marketing strategy. You see, if Kabam gave this Beta to every player, less people will want to make a MCOC YouTube channel. Kabam's strategy is telling players to start a channel and give them free marketing, and they will give you is amazing Beta. It's the CCP. Content Creator Program. It is meant for Content creators to make content. Of course, this leads to an unfair advantage to content creators. there is nothing we can do about that. Kabam can't just give every single player this Beta

They absolutely can give everyone access to it.

This Sabretooth broken synergy could easily have been kept secret for only the “chosen ones” to benefit from. I would bet $$$ there have already been other things/tricks/exploits found that haven’t been shared so only a few can use

MattMan said:

Then apply to join the CCP. This whole post screams "give me what they have cause I want it now".

Would it be nice to have something similar for regular players? Sure. Maybe that's down the road a bit and this is a testing ground. Being in the CCP has always let them play around with new champs before others. It's nothing new.
    The post screams nothing, just you putting words in someone’s mouth and trolling.

I don’t want to be a CCP, but I would like the opportunity to play whatever champ I want in whatever circumstance I want “for free” like they do.

If you don’t want that, then move on to another thread.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

This is a marketing strategy. You see, if Kabam gave this Beta to every player, less people will want to make a MCOC YouTube channel. Kabam's strategy is telling players to start a channel and give them free marketing, and they will give you is amazing Beta. It's the CCP. Content Creator Program. It is meant for Content creators to make content. Of course, this leads to an unfair advantage to content creators. there is nothing we can do about that. Kabam can't just give every single player this Beta

This is Sabretooth broken synergy could easily have been kept secret for only the “chosen ones” to benefit from.

You're right, it takes the exact same amount of server resources to run one that a select handful of people will be on compared to if the entire game population was accessing it. Can't believe that slipped my mind
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Or that. I legitimately don't understand the backlash the CCP as a whole gets. I've played with in the past and currently play with some of them. Most of them spend a lot of time putting videos, be it champ reviews, content guides, game change overviews, etc..., together. They all want the game to be better and pretty much all give both positive and negative feedback to the dev team.

Oh no, they have a testing ground where they don't have to use their own game resources or energy to make content that gives us information. The horror. This should have happened ages ago honestly. Thinking it's a bad thing is just being small and bitter. If you think it's so unfair, we'll start working toward what you need to do to qualify. Put in the same amount of work they did and do or get over it.
    No one has problem with Content Creators getting beta server.
    The problem is they get advantage by practicing with any champion and against any champion in the game without wasting their resources. Whereas a normal player will have to waste resources to do so.
    Djin said:

Or that. I legitimately don't understand the backlash the CCP as a whole gets. I've played with in the past and currently play with some of them. Most of them spend a lot of time putting videos, be it champ reviews, content guides, game change overviews, etc..., together. They all want the game to be better and pretty much all give both positive and negative feedback to the dev team.

Oh no, they have a testing ground where they don't have to use their own game resources or energy to make content that gives us information. The horror. This should have happened ages ago honestly. Thinking it's a bad thing is just being small and bitter. If you think it's so unfair, we'll start working toward what you need to do to qualify. Put in the same amount of work they did and do or get over it.
    The problem is they get advantage by practicing with any champion and against any champion in the game without wasting their resources. Whereas a normal player will have to waste resources to do so.
    So if it's that big of an advantage, start working on video editing and getting a channel up and running. If you make it helpful enough, you might get accepted yourself.

ever since he started appearing in the deep dives and other official MCOC youtube videos. Either he's an employee, or he's has some sort of special relationship with kabam
    I'd say he's probably more of a advanced CCP. Highly doubt he's employed by them.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

simply kabam shills

Careful, that S word is verboten on the forum and Miike will put you in jail... even if it's literally true in this case.

MattMan said:

This is Sabretooth broken synergy could easily have been kept secret for only the “chosen ones” to benefit from.

You're right, it takes the exact same amount of server resources to run one that a select handful of people will be on compared to if the entire game population was accessing it. Can't believe that slipped my mind
    Nobody said it would be easy or cheap. But to say it can’t be done is ridiculous
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

The post screams nothing, just you putting words in someone’s mouth and trolling.

I don’t want to be a CCP, but I would like the opportunity to play whatever champ I want in whatever circumstance I want “for free” like they do.

If you don’t want that, then move on to another thread.
    Then do what they did to get access to it or move on to another thread. Hopefully one less petty and pointless

Djin said:

So if it's that big of an advantage, start working on video editing and getting a channel up and running. If you make it helpful enough, you might get accepted yourself.
    90% of what they’ll do on this beta server will never make it into a video.
    MattMan said:

Djin said:

90% of what they’ll do on this beta server will never make it into a video.
    Again, if you want it, do the same thing. I couldn't care less what makes it to video or not
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

Nobody said it would be easy or cheap. But to say it can’t be done is ridiculous
    But why do players "deserve" this? Content creators "deserve" this because they're creating content from this program. What do regular players put into MCOC that content creators don't? Not to mention the use of more server resources like WNP said. It's not that it can't be done, but it's just that non-CCP players don't offer anything new to the community that would warrant the addition of additional resources to that group.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    If you want to get access, become a prevalent content creator.
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

I don't remember saying it couldn't be done. There's absolutely no reason it should be though
This discussion has been closed.