**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ronin, Top 5 Skill

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

@Lvernon15 how many matchups can you even use stealthy to counter stuff with his slow? Outside of specific matchups you can’t.

Stealthy’s slow has more uses than most, especially because it also counters miss. It also is the longest slow in the game if you apply it with an sp2. Obviously, there are pros and cons to applying slow with your light 4, such as the high chance to be evaded. However, the slow not coming from his heavy makes him better for nodes like aspect of war, in which you can’t parry heavy after 50 sec.
    He can also have pretty much 100% uptime on it and can access it right from the start, sorcerer and rg have to build power first, it’s the strongest slow in the game in my eyes
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

As many forums users may know, I am a huge Ronin fan. In fact I would venture to say he is my favorite champion. And I have also been questions time and time again about whether or not he is actually all I sum him up to be.
    I have decided to make a channel on YouTube for posting Ronin gameplay. I don’t care if anyone likes or anything, there just isn’t any other way to show the gameplay.
    I was hoping for some people to request gameplay of him taking on certain nodes or scenarios/matchups whether it’s in aw or act 6.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQFjaBXXuwZo1JiB1hRrqtg
    Here is the channel, all that’s on there right now is a damage showcase. Also I won’t edit these videos or commentate them, I will just have Ronin gameplay.

Was that video uploaded partially? It’s not even a whole fight. I’m not sure what exactly I can observe from that video.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

As many forums users may know, I am a huge Ronin fan. In fact I would venture to say he is my favorite champion. And I have also been questions time and time again about whether or not he is actually all I sum him up to be.
    I have decided to make a channel on YouTube for posting Ronin gameplay. I don’t care if anyone likes or anything, there just isn’t any other way to show the gameplay.
    I was hoping for some people to request gameplay of him taking on certain nodes or scenarios/matchups whether it’s in aw or act 6.
    Here is the channel, all that’s on there right now is a damage showcase. Also I won’t edit these videos or commentate them, I will just have Ronin gameplay.

Was that video uploaded partially? It’s not even a whole fight. I’m not sure what exactly I can observe from that video.
    I can upload the whole fight @arsjum, I just wanted to show his brief damage potential in RoL.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 completely disagree, have you seen 5/65 blade vs AOL Mephisto?

have you seen 5/65 Stealthy vs AOL Thing?

arsjum said:

I can upload the whole fight @arsjum, I just wanted to show his brief damage potential in RoL.
    I’d like to see the whole fight.

He can also solo a bunch more fights that have evadable specials and no specific mechanic to screw him up, lc champion iw, potentially dusa quake Loki and a few more

arsjum said:

I’d like to see the whole fight.
    Okay, ill upload that sometime today.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Ronin can also parry non contact attacks. That’s quite handy.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I would say Aegon, Nick, Stealth Suit, Hit Monkey, Blade and Night Thrasher are better but thats just my opinion.

Ronin is def not trash.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Ronin is definitely a beast, I have mine at 5/65 sig60. His sig really isn’t too useful, but his kit is really solid. He works very well with the suicide masteries too.
    Seraphion said:

I would say Aegon, Nick, Stealth Suit, Hit Monkey, Blade and Night Thrasher are better but thats just my opinion.

Ronin is def not trash.

I agree on most of those, but as I explained above, I believe Ronin is more valuable than blade. I don’t know much about NT, so not sure there.

Ronin is definitely a beast, I have mine at 5/65 sig60. His sig really isn’t too useful, but his kit is really solid. He works very well with the suicide masteries too.

Yes, and I use his sig and tank the evade in certain specials.
    Lvernon15 said:

He can also solo a bunch more fights that have evadable specials and no specific mechanic to screw him up, lc champion iw, potentially dusa quake Loki and a few more
    yeah, just used AOL Thing since @Stark154667 used AOL Mephisto

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, I was just adding he can solo more than 1, nit just a single unverified matchup
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, I was just adding he can solo more than 1, nit just a single unverified matchup
    figured
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    What a clickbait thread name, lol.
    Fury, aegon, stealthy, hitmonkey, killmonger, gwenpool. There are also night trasher, taskmaster, elsa, massacre, bwdo, og bw, who are all imo on same level or even better.
    Aleor said:

Fury, aegon, stealthy, hitmonkey, killmonger, gwenpool. There are also night trasher, taskmaster, elsa, massacre, bwdo, og bw, who are all imo on same level or even better.

You’re so wrong my friend. It’s hard to take you seriously when you just state an incorrect opinion and back it up with invisible evidence. And how is it a clickbait title if he is in fact top 5? And even if he was only top 8 in someone else’s eyes, I still believe he is top 5.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited July 2020

Aleor said:

You’re so wrong my friend. It’s hard to take you seriously when you just state an incorrect opinion and back it up with invisible evidence. And how is it a clickbait title if he is in fact top 5? And even if he was only top 8 in someone else’s eyes, I still believe he is top 5.
    You may believe but he is not. Hit monkey, Night Thrasher, Stealthy, Gwenpool, Blade, and Elsa Bloodstone all have more utility, viability, and damage output than Ronin in endgame content and competitive AQ/AW. Don't believe me? Ask a majority of the player base which will oppose your view. Hell I think Korg would even make a better argument for top 5. He's a champ actually worth looking into with his new synergy team and potentially dominant abilities.

arsjum said:

Aleor said:

I have no issues with you considering it top 5 for you but please don't confuse your personal top 5 with what can be described as "in fact." It's not a fact. What can be described as "in fact" is you not demonstrating anything other than a half ROL fight which does a respectable damage. That's all. Anything in the video that shows he's "in fact" top 5? What did I miss?
    I’m uploading a full fight. And my original intention of this post was to receive content requests for me to test Ronin in in order to enforce this point.
    Savage said:

Aleor said:

You may believe but he is not. Hit monkey, Night Thrasher, Stealthy, Gwenpool, Blade, and Elsa Bloodstone all have more utility, viability, and damage output than Ronin in endgame content and competitive AQ/AW. Don't believe me? Ask a majority of the player base which will oppose your view. Hell I think Korg would even make a better argument for top 5. He's a champ actually worth looking into with his new synergy team and potentially dominant abilities.

I can’t comment on Night Thrasher, as I know close to nothing about him, but he has more utility and damage than Blade, Korg, Elsa, and Gwenpool. Then again, if you add synergies, Ronin drops below blade. Maybe korg as well, but not in my opinion.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Savage said:

Aleor said:

I’d never rate Korg above ronin
    I have both at 5:65 and while Korg is underrated ronin just hits way harder and has better utility
    Are you sure? From that showcase Ronin's hits were pretty pathetic lol. Have you tried him with Mojo and Gulk synergies? It's lots of fun and it seems pretty viable. I only have a 4* maxed Korg atm because I haven't pulled a 5*/6* Gulk yet.

My ronin is in aq but I’ll get some videos later suicides make him a way better champ pretty much doubles his dps

I have suicides off for war season right now.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Aegon and fury are just next level champs, stealth is between them and next skill champs.
    Hitmonkey - guaranteed crits, way more damage.
    Killmonger - true strike and indestructible, wich always work, and huge bleed. Duped will double his damage. With synergies his utility is insane, but even without it he's still a better option imo.
    Gwenpool - 100% aar after 50 hits, power lock, a lot of damage, if you keep her incinerate / armor break active.
    Night trasher - passive true strike on skateboard hits, power gain, ton of damage if you keep his debuffs active
    Massacre - huge damage and he does offer kinda unique hit in block play style

Now ronin - dance around to get 7 charges, none of his utility tricks is 100% except shrug off, wish you will not always be able to use due to opponent throwing sp/being close to sp3/short debuff duration/whatever.
    And I don't know who wants his evade, personally I'd prefer him without it.
    His animation is good, but that alone wouldn't justify ranking him up for me