**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sabretooth and Sasquatch Synergy [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    25 furies cap seems nice. Considering his base persistent charge mechanic ability, he wouldn't be able to go higher than 35 furies (starting with 6 charges and during his last one).

I'm still curious to how will he handle the abyss, after the change on him. I think that the raw damage combined with his bleeds would allow him to one-shot a couple of opponents, specially with the synergy that gives him bleeds on basic attacks
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Rip sabre tooth
  • gkelly26gkelly26 Posts: 51
    25 furies still seems like a very good synergy
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Dart1981 said:

Alright everybody, we've read your feedback and thoughts, and we agree with a solution that's been tossed around here.

We're going to apply a Cap of 25(at least, we're still tuning) on the amount of Permanent Passive Fury Effects that Sabretooth can have on him at a time. He can still gain Fury buffs, or Furies from nodes, etc. but the permanent fury effects he receives from his kit will never exceed 25(or whatever number is settled on).

This is a number that is feasibly higher than ST is capable of hitting with his basekit right now, and still gives him the potential to be a very potent attacker.

Thoughts?

I think this is fair, but given ST could already get to 23 furies (as proven in a prior quote) and this synergy is meant to make him better, 30 would be the best cap, understand why you would suggest 25 though
    Here he'll be able to keep 25 forever, before you could only get to 23 in 1 very specific situation and once it was gone, it was gone right?
  • U_R_Mean14U_R_Mean14 Posts: 12
    HI_guys said:

Why does it say "15 OR MORE" of you can't go over 15? ALSO IT SAYS CANNOT CONVERT FURY PASSIVES. Nothing about converting fury buffs

Hit the nail right on the head there! It’s never stated that Sabretooth has a fury limit but sounds like there’s going to be one soon. Kabam’s salty about creating an OP synergy and now ST is going to pay the price instead of just changing the synergy.
    Also, highly impractical for regular monthly content like everyone else has been saying. Definitely have to nerf it so they can keep taking advantage of their cash cow Abyss.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Kabam is all over this but watching the world burn in AQ
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    The sasquatch synergy truly unlock what ST need and should be (a way to bypass random persistent charge as little as 3), the fury even though cap at 25 (pending) will make him very playable now, don't forget the unholy Trinity synergy, domino regen/fury synergy, OR ramp up / bleed synergy, he is quite a synergy king!
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★

Alright everybody, we've read your feedback and thoughts, and we agree with a solution that's been tossed around here.

We're going to apply a Cap of 25(at least, we're still tuning) on the amount of Permanent Passive Fury Effects that Sabretooth can have on him at a time. He can still gain Fury buffs, or Furies from nodes, etc. but the permanent fury effects he receives from his kit will never exceed 25(or whatever number is settled on).

This is a number that is feasibly higher than ST is capable of hitting with his basekit right now, and still gives him the potential to be a very potent attacker.

Thoughts?

I feel like 30 furies is ideal for this reason:

We were already reaching 30 furies without the Sasquatch synergy. (Video proof has been posted multiple times, including in this very thread).
    Having this ability lowered indirectly by a new synergy would feel pretty bad.
    Where is the video evidence of this? The highest possible amount of furies to obtain was 23:
    1st fight gives 7
    2nd fight gives another 7
    3rd gives 3
    4,5 and 6th each give 2
    7+7+3+2+2+2= 23
    Not sure how you’re supposed to get 30 without the synergy
  • U_R_Mean14U_R_Mean14 Posts: 12

Thoughts?

Definitely liking the “higher cap” even though there never was a cap in his current description (heavily implied but not set). I do agree with what many have already said, 30 would be a bigger incentive for rank ups and with the right know how- a 20’s range for furies was always possible with a 6 persistent charge. Also, maxing out 5 converted furies per fight multiplied by the max 6 persistent charges is 30. Sabretooth and his abilities never was the problem.
    The problem is the constant quitting fights with the Sasquatch synergy and no drawback. Obviously that will cost units to revive and ramp him up for more attack power, but if someone is willing to pay- he is limitless. A description in the synergy like “lose x fury upon KO” would keep that in check. Gain 2 per revive, lose 2 per death (or quitting quest).
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Well I feel better that Kabam is looking into this. After selling crystals just the other day, riding people's excitement over the Squatch synergy, you really need to back away from the 15 number. I assumed you'd Cap his fury charges after seeing those videos but wasn't sure what number you'd settle one. 15 is way too low, I appreciate you're looking at 25 but still think it's a little low. 30 seems to me to be the appropriate number. Most quest's you won't get to 30 without revives, plus 30 is just a little higher than you can get now without the synergy. Being able to carry those numbers shouldn't be as game breaking. All that said I want Sasquatch more than Sabertooth. Squatch looks awesome without synergies.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Thoughts?

Seema fair to me, because in the majority of Realistic Scenarios we probably couldn't reach 50+ Fury Passives due to the Limit of 5 Conversions Per Fight and the Limited Amount of Fights in each Quest. As well at around 25 Fury Passives the enemy probably wouldn't survive long enough for you to get all 5 possible Furies and still use an Sp3 to refresh the Persistent Charge, unless of course you spent tons of Revives and Potions but again no one is Realistically gonna do that.

Also we Really appreciate the Added Communication and wanting to compromise when it comes to situations like this, thanks!
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I still find it funny that they Kabam can be so oblivious to the power of this synergy. I mean, one of the games biggest content creators was about to pull a complete 180 on his strategy for one of the most challenging pieces of content in the game and they had no idea.
  • VespasianVespasian Posts: 8

Thoughts?

Here’s the issue that raises: the reason it was originally 15 is because you can reach that even if you get the minimum number of Persistent Charges (3). You’re only fully ramped up for one fight before losing the Furys, but it’s possible.

But if you raise the cap to 25 and prevent Furies from being gained beyond the 5 by any means, if you get 3 or 4 Persistent Charges, that number’s impossible to achieve. So now you’re not going to be able to fully ramp up unless you’re using the synergy.

So if this is the solution that is decided on, shouldn’t the Persistent Charge count also change to give a minimum of 5 and not punish people who don’t use/have access to the synergy?