**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    I agree, some of the new Modifiers are a complete joke. Even the Hulkbuster on Acid Wash is a nightmare now when heal blocked.

The people running that path eventually took him down just from timing out for an hour. Many times they got activate a special attack x2 when the fight started.

What a joke this is.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    No one is forcing anybody to do these new modifiers. They are designed to be hard.

Do you think kabam is just going to give away t5cc shards easily? You're gonna have to pony up for that
  • WikiLeaksWikiLeaks Posts: 20
    They add challenging content and up the rewards. You gotta expect that some of it might be rough and challenging.

You could have stayed with the old nodes and collected your same rewards.
  • just play map 6

as a low level player will have wise insight.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Modifiers are optional and user-selected, so you have all the choices you need IMO.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Shrimkins said:

No one is forcing anybody to do these new modifiers. They are designed to be hard.

Do you think kabam is just going to give away t5cc shards easily? You're gonna have to pony up for that

Problem is that these modifiers are bordering insanity. Did you see Bg's vid with KG, took him an HOUR to clear 4 fights.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I should clarify. I actually enjoy the prompts challenge. It’s a fun new take on the game. What I don’t enjoy is how it’s impossible to do all the prompts given the short timer and awful rng. I literally had use a special attack pop up, I think 7 times in a row, a few of those times with it having double. I can’t even count the number of intercepts I had to do.

I felt super special anytime I didn’t start a fight having to complete two special attack followed by another complete a special attack prompt.

The node itself is a decent concept. But the execution of it was just terrible.
    What I do love is when players who play map 4 come into these chats to tell us stuff is “optional.”

Honest question—what is the point to making a game mode that isn’t fun? Isn’t the point to a game mode that you want to do it, not that you “have to do it?“

Telling me something is “optional” doesn’t really make sense in that context. Yes it’s “optional,” but it should still be enjoyable and doable. Like I said, I like the concept. The execution was poor.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    They already said in another thread that they are looking at possible adjustments
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

DalBot said:

Arsoz said:

its not like they are forcing you to do map 7

P.S. - the players who are turned off by this and would be leaving are the very ones who subsidize the game so that it can be F2P for most everyone else
    Why would people leave because of one single gamemode thats dumb there are other game modes too
    alliances are pretty much the biggest MCOC game mode. Most of these people that are running map 7 have already 100% all content
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

What I do love is when players who play map 4 come into these chats to tell us stuff is “optional.”

Honest question—what is the point to making a game mode that isn’t fun? Isn’t the point to a game mode that you want to do it, not that you “have to do it?“

Telling me something is “optional” doesn’t really make sense in that context. Yes it’s “optional,” but it should still be enjoyable and doable. Like I said, I like the concept. The execution was poor.

While you make some good points in the op...

As a map 7 player I say it’s optional as well. People do make it out to be mandatory though.

What’s the point of making tiers for modifier rewards if they are not meant to be used as well? If some things are unenjoyable or impossible you can still earn rewards for the ones you do use, While you work toward being able to achieve higher tiers.

Just give it time though since Kabam is now outsourcing development and design to the community.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I just came here to say, I used ghulk for starbust and completed all the prompts, it's close but you can do it....especially with the Regen, you can be aggressive and try for intercepts, if you get hit, you will regen back the damage...
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Hey all,

We are not ignoring this. We're looking over the feedback, and are already looking at tuning changes we can make, as well as having discussions about more.

What about all the teams that would normally complete Map 7 with the highest modifiers but can't do it this week because of these changes? Will they be compensated? Many alliances are having to make choices today about what to run based on how poorly the first two days of modifiers were laid out.
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113

Hey all,

I'm combining some threads, and want to address this feedback.

First, I know a lot of talk about the Roadmaps is coming up, and I want to remind you that this stuff was already in the works/completed before the Roadmaps were started, and what you saw in there included a bunch of pivots that we plan on making. This isn't an excuse for the troubles you're facing now, but the reason why this doesn't reflect what you read in there.

We're already working on some Tuning fixes for pain points, and have already got some changes in mind for So Sayeth Doom, and Cascading Failure, as well as that Hulkbuster on Map 7.

We're still looking at more feedback, but I do need to remind you guys that this is still going to be hard. It is meant to be hard and to be a challenge for the very top of the top Alliances. Most Alliances that ran Map 7 and Master level modifiers will not be ready to make the jump.

Difficult is fine. Welcomed even. It’s the unavoidable bs that we complain about. The pattern is clear as day.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    WOW - one day is worse than the next for these awful additions of new AQ modifiers.
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113
    Mkdemaria said:

WOW - one day is worse than the next for these awful additions of new AQ modifiers.

Depends on what order. Thank the lord we knocked out so sayeth doom day 1. Item use was insane.
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    edited July 2020

Hey all,

First, I know a lot of talk about the Roadmaps is coming up, and I want to remind you that this stuff was already in the works/completed before the Roadmaps were started, and what you saw in there included a bunch of pivots that we plan on making. This isn't an excuse for the troubles you're facing now, but the reason why this doesn't reflect what you read in there.

We're already working on some Tuning fixes for pain points, and have already got some changes in mind for So Sayeth Doom, and Cascading Failure, as well as that Hulkbuster on Map 7.

We're still looking at more feedback, but I do need to remind you guys that this is still going to be hard. It is meant to be hard and to be a challenge for the very top of the top Alliances. Most Alliances that ran Map 7 and Master level modifiers will not be ready to make the jump.

I can respect this but seriously, If most alliances that ran map 7 with Master modifiers won't be ready to "make the jump", then what would a next level of progression look like considering the aforementioned is the peak at which an alliance does AQ? Why even release something that clearly wasn't designed for players to grow into? I get something being hard or challenging but downright unattainable? C'mon ethics here. Seems like if Alliances that were/are running Map7/Master mods aren't ready, there's no need for a next level. Just a thought.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    If the goal was to increase the pool of champions that could be used in AQ, and reduce timeouts with CG, the exact opposite happened.
  • GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★

Hey all,

There’s a difference with content being hard and a challenge, to it being broken and just not fun to play because it revolves around having to timeout multiple times to complete it (exactly the opposite of what you stated the developers wanted).

I’m all for difficult content that’s not just an item sink and money grab for Kabam. This new incarnation of AQ with these epic modifiers is not working.

This AQ variation is really close to pushing the player base over the edge. It’s all over line chat how broken these nodes are and what a chore it has become to play AQ like this. Compounded with how you broke Alliance wars as well.....Kabam better be careful it doesn’t kill its game. You are not far off from losing a significant amount of the player base.
    DalBot said:

Hey all,

We are not ignoring this. We're looking over the feedback, and are already looking at tuning changes we can make, as well as having discussions about more.

What about all the teams that would normally complete Map 7 with the highest modifiers but can't do it this week because of these changes? Will they be compensated? Many alliances are having to make choices today about what to run based on how poorly the first two days of modifiers were laid out.
    I know that I posted this thread complaining, but there should
    Tipo said:

Mkdemaria said:

Depends on what order. Thank the lord we knocked out so sayeth doom day 1. Item use was insane.
    Honestly, I’m glad we did it day 2. Had we done it day one, I’m not sure we would have cleared acid wash
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Hey all,

I said this earlier but for all end game content please have the CCP test before you guys roll these things out moving forward. It will save a bunch of time and resources to have them play the game and give you direct feedback.
    Anybody with consistent map 7 experience would've known this wouldn't have worked just completing section one with the doom or cascade modifiers on.

Any updates on how you will change the modifiers specifically will put players at ease. It has been a tough week for map 7 players. I would also suggest just completely removing Hulkbuster and adding another champion there.