**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Hey all,

I'm combining some threads, and want to address this feedback.

First, I know a lot of talk about the Roadmaps is coming up, and I want to remind you that this stuff was already in the works/completed before the Roadmaps were started, and what you saw in there included a bunch of pivots that we plan on making. This isn't an excuse for the troubles you're facing now, but the reason why this doesn't reflect what you read in there.

We're already working on some Tuning fixes for pain points, and have already got some changes in mind for So Sayeth Doom, and Cascading Failure, as well as that Hulkbuster on Map 7.

We're still looking at more feedback, but I do need to remind you guys that this is still going to be hard. It is meant to be hard and to be a challenge for the very top of the top Alliances. Most Alliances that ran Map 7 and Master level modifiers will not be ready to make the jump.

I said this earlier but for all end game content please have the CCP test before you guys roll these things out moving forward. It will save a bunch of time and resources to have them play the game and give you direct feedback.
    Anybody with consistent map 7 experience would've known this wouldn't have worked just completing section one with the doom or cascade modifiers on.

Any updates on how you will change the modifiers specifically will put players at ease. It has been a tough week for map 7 players. I would also suggest just completely removing Hulkbuster and adding another champion there.
    I’m confused by the issue of cascading failure. It sucks sure, but it’s nothing like the so sayeth the doom modifier. Of course, I’m sure Thing and doom will be fun and interactive if quake doesn’t clear them
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

Hey all,

First, I know a lot of talk about the Roadmaps is coming up, and I want to remind you that this stuff was already in the works/completed before the Roadmaps were started, and what you saw in there included a bunch of pivots that we plan on making. This isn't an excuse for the troubles you're facing now, but the reason why this doesn't reflect what you read in there.

We're already working on some Tuning fixes for pain points, and have already got some changes in mind for So Sayeth Doom, and Cascading Failure, as well as that Hulkbuster on Map 7.

We're still looking at more feedback, but I do need to remind you guys that this is still going to be hard. It is meant to be hard and to be a challenge for the very top of the top Alliances. Most Alliances that ran Map 7 and Master level modifiers will not be ready to make the jump.

I said this earlier but for all end game content please have the CCP test before you guys roll these things out moving forward. It will save a bunch of time and resources to have them play the game and give you direct feedback.
    Anybody with consistent map 7 experience would've known this wouldn't have worked just completing section one with the doom or cascade modifiers on.

Any updates on how you will change the modifiers specifically will put players at ease. It has been a tough week for map 7 players. I would also suggest just completely removing Hulkbuster and adding another champion there.
    I’m confused by the issue of cascading failure. It sucks sure, but it’s nothing like the so sayeth the doom modifier. Of course, I’m sure Thing and doom will be fun and interactive if quake doesn’t clear them
    It starts with a heal block if you make a mistake or crit twice. Not the worse thing in the world but I think the price is too steep especially for the health pools that will be there for day 5. You forget that there is a 50% attack and health boost with the modifier as well.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    i said it when they just announced the Epic modifiers.
    Fighting vs Void with these two modifiers (So Sayeth Doom and Cascading Failure) is too much.
    Another reason to cheat death with duped Corvus (if i only had one)
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Sounds like we are on the right track here. Remove HB if you want to keep the path identity the same. For Doom mod, you need to do two things. 1. The actions the player has to do needs to be limited to one. 2. Throw out #FF and make the pool of champs much larger like #heroes. Cascading failure is an attempt to nerf Corvus and Ghost which is fine I guess but you have sold masteries and champs to us in this game based on getting as many crits as possible! I think the mod would be ok if you took out Degen. And if you don't re-write this completely then you will need to make them passive debuffs or remove Void from all versions of map 6 and 7.

Run477 said:

Hey all,

It starts with a heal block if you make a mistake or crit twice. Not the worse thing in the world but I think the price is too steep especially for the health pools that will be there for day 5. You forget that there is a 50% attack and health boost with the modifier as well.
    Actually, we are doing it today and I’m seeing the problem. A lot of paths it won’t matter. But paths like crit me with your best shot It’s a big problem ans especially paths like brawl where you need to be fairly aggressive are just dumb (especially against Hyperion and NC). The what’s yours is mine wasn’t fun. Other paths that have champs that really need ghost or Corvus to be safe won’t be fun.

They are clearly making content to punish using Corvus not understanding that the reason people use Corvus is bc the nodes they have already are so out of control. Making these crazy punishing nodes actually has the opposite effect

Like I brought gully2099 today thinking GM great, I can just fight normal. But 130 hit fights bc only one crit per 20 hits. And then tigra playing crazy defensive with her specials. I just went back to Corvus at that point....
    Map 7 is taking longer than abyss. That’s ridiculous
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    These new AQ mods are quite ridiculous. Ecspecially the so sayeth doom. The fact that you are impacted for 3 fights is ridiculous. How about fighting korg in map 6? U gotta dodge, yet if u dodge then korg just goes unblockable. Come on. Perform the action and hes unblockable and dont perform it and ur heal blocked. Damn if ya do damned if ya dont. And the fact that u can start fights with MULTIPLE actions is ridiculous. Perform a special and an intercept within 17 seconds? Come on. This is ridiculously insulting
  • Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    These new AQ mods are quite ridiculous. Ecspecially the so sayeth doom. The fact that you are impacted for 3 fights is ridiculous. How about fighting korg in map 6? U gotta dodge, yet if u dodge then korg just goes unblockable. Come on. Perform the action and hes unblockable and dont perform it and ur heal blocked. Damn if ya do damned if ya dont. And the fact that u can start fights with MULTIPLE actions is ridiculous. Perform a special and an intercept within 17 seconds? Come on. This is ridiculously insulting
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Hey all,

Actually, we are doing it today and I’m seeing the problem. A lot of paths it won’t matter. But paths like crit me with your best shot It’s a big problem ans especially paths like brawl where you need to be fairly aggressive are just dumb (especially against Hyperion and NC). The what’s yours is mine wasn’t fun. Other paths that have champs that really need ghost or Corvus to be safe won’t be fun.

They are clearly making content to punish using Corvus not understanding that the reason people use Corvus is bc the nodes they have already are so out of control. Making these crazy punishing nodes actually has the opposite effect

Like I brought gully2099 today thinking GM great, I can just fight normal. But 130 hit fights bc only one crit per 20 hits. And then tigra playing crazy defensive with her specials. I just went back to Corvus at that point....
    Thanks for that thorough explanation. I plan on subtracting both nodes until the nerf is made. And yes all the members in my alliance who don't have Corvus and had the acid wash lane got completely obliterated day 1 and 2 smh.
    While we are talking about changes, turn the unstoppable from brawl to an active buff. The Hyperion there has always been annoying. But an active buff allows nullify champs to deal with him

In cascade cap iw + tech would have a much easier shot. Otherwise you’re sitting there doing a few hits and stopping bc of timer

In Doom, maybe fantastic could do it since his l1 nullifies (still not a great option but at least something).

Brawl should have always been “active.” I get that apparently you want people to now have sorceress supreme that node (she wasn’t an option forever and I don’t think slow debuffs were even around at the time). But now, just change the mechanic to an active unstoppable so that more champs can deal with the path.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I don't even want to continue playing unless there is a serious update to the epic modifiers in AQ. My bathroom breaks are turning into 30 min breaks when I have to wait 5 min per timeout.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    So far we ran SSD (insanely hard), the parry one on day 2 (that one is easier then a lot of the old mods), and today the power gain one (i ran acid wash today, cost me a potion but i could've not used it :()

power gain mod is super super easy also outside of acid wash it seems (corvus, ghost, quake basically are unaffected by it)
    Acid wash with cascading failure is confirmed a disaster also (with HB and -40% global)
    Run477 said:

Acid wash with cascading failure is confirmed a disaster also (with HB and -40% global)

who did you use? i'm doing it tomorrow, not worried at all
    Not me.

My bg guy used AA And voodoo. He has 5 items left

Another bg has 4 items left and he hasn’t cleared it. He has voodoo, kg and arch angel. All r5
    Run477 said:

Not me.

Another bg has 4 items left and he hasn’t cleared it. He has voodoo, kg and arch angel. All r5

KG should have zero issue with that node, just parry/heavy till you get sp2. Did he read the node?

Run477 said:

Not me.

KG should have zero issue with that node, just parry/heavy till you get sp2. Did he read the node?
    I don’t know what he did. All I know is on so sayeth the doom day, I spent 1.5 hours clearing that path with kg

Before this aq modifier I could do the whole path in about 15 minutes With voodoo or Claire or mysteiro.

So glad for these quality of life changes
    Run477 said:

Run477 said:

Not me.

I don’t know what he did. All I know is on so sayeth the doom day, I spent 1.5 hours clearing that path with kg

Before this aq modifier I could do the whole path in about 15 minutes With voodoo or Claire or mysteiro.

So glad for these quality of life changes
    ya the doom one is brutal, the rest are fine for acid wash
    *about 10 minutes, not 15 minutes
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

So far we ran SSD (insanely hard), the parry one on day 2 (that one is easier then a lot of the old mods), and today the power gain one (i ran acid wash today, cost me a potion but i could've not used it :()

power gain mod is super super easy also outside of acid wash it seems (corvus, ghost, quake basically are unaffected by it)

How exactly does the parry one work?
    Also, wouldn't the power gain mod be hard outside of Corvus/Ghost/Wasp? For regular champs that is.
  • culturalreference1culturalreference1 Posts: 60
    edited July 2020

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

you guys are changing heal block to reverse heal 75% of my heal rate? i mean i think all these changes are great and worth a try over the existing iteration, but reverse healing, especially on cascading failure as the first debuff is way overboard.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

Also, wouldn't the power gain mod be hard outside of Corvus/Ghost/Wasp? For regular champs that is.
    In am running map 6 and we have the power gain node. My team is corvus, magik, doom. For me it is by far the easiest epic modifier although my first 2 path fights were time consuming including a time out
    I mean running a power control team won't be hard for it. Want to know how it is for regular champs i.e non power control.
  • Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

you guys are changing heal block to reverse heal 75% of my heal rate? i mean i think all these changes are great and worth a try over the existing iteration, but reverse healing, especially on cascading failure as the first debuff is way overboard.
    Sorry! Something very important to point out (and I edited the post to say this) is that it won't REVERSE healing, just reduce it.

parry one at worst just makes defenders stun immune, which is irrelevant for almost all (maybe all?) fights in map 7. I've been running king groot all day today with the power gain mod and it's fine, not easy but if you're decent it's fine (my KG is around 99% health right now)
  • R0n1n1979R0n1n1979 Posts: 26
    What about the counterstrike global rotating node? With the increased requirements(bait specials, powergain, avoid crit ting and health of defenders there is no way to not avoid them going unstoppable