**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    So Sayeth Doom is still going to have TWO prompts? Unless you have a FF member? Then you will only have one prompt?
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Oh so if I have a FF member on my team, any member of my team will only have to activate one prompt? If I play with one of the FF members like Thing, do I still get zero prompts?
  • Gregdagr8 said:

Oh so if I have a FF member on my team, any member of my team will only have to activate one prompt? If I play with one of the FF members like Thing, do I still get zero prompts?

That is correct.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

Would you consider to remove void too from the map (the new version of map6)?
    His interaction with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure (and his +300% attack boost) makes him much harder
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

His interaction with So Sayeth Doom and cascading failure (and his +300% attack boost) makes him much harder
    Remove void from all maps
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    When are these changes going live?
  • GIDAMASTERGIDAMASTER Posts: 20
    @Kabam Miike I might have missed it but when do these changes take effect?
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

A question regarding the Fantastic Four modifier: when it says a member of the Fantastic Four, are we looking at exactly those 4 champions? I only ask this because I remember an event last year where we got points for using members of the Fantastic Four, but there were other champions besides those 4 as we know them (Mr. F, Thing, IW, and Torch) that also granted us extra points during that event. A potential change you could make would be to allow those champions to count as a member of the Fantastic Four so we aren't totally limited to those options.

Just a thought, since sometimes paths are assigned in such a way that a change up to include one of those 4 champions would not go over well.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    Run477 said:

Honestly man, this still doesn’t cut it

Do you know what cascading failure and so sayeth the doom does against void??

Literally this thread was: the game mode you made is not fun and I want to quit Bc I can’t spend 6 hours clearing aq Every day.

Your response: how about if it only takes you 5.5 hours?

The whole point for your changes was supposed to be better quality of life. Aq has gone from being something I could pick up and move a couple of spots when I had time into let me see if I can carve out an hour to clear a fight or two

I hate to be THAT guy but there are champs who can handle void even with these debuffs.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Literally this thread was: the game mode you made is not fun and I want to quit Bc I can’t spend 6 hours clearing aq Every day.

The whole point for your changes was supposed to be better quality of life. Aq has gone from being something I could pick up and move a couple of spots when I had time into let me see if I can carve out an hour to clear a fight or two

I hate to be THAT guy but there are champs who can handle void even with these debuffs.
    ya some people can't be reasoned with
    Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?
    And are you talking from experience (specifically in AQ) or on theory?
    Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?

Experience.
    His name: nick fury
    Her name: Elsa bloodstone
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    What do you envision a “top 10” ally player being?

Because I usually run map 7 using zero items, taking minibosses, and a lot of the boss.

And I’m telling you, these nodes are way over the top. We finish map 7 100% every day but aren’t top 20 bc of prestige only. We finished masters war last season.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre.

Is the reduced 25% potency to the debuffs are relevant also for Cascading Failure?
    edited July 2020
    Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?

Experience.
    I don’t have them so I’m not an expert, but I thought Elsa can purify one debuff at a time if she’s already has non-damaging debuff on her (once every ~3s)

The void on map6 has +300% attack + 35% from global node + 50% from modifier.
    Even today, the ~1s it takes to purify the debuff is enough to take 15-20% health. This node also have aspect of Genesis so add to it another degen.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I'm okay with the changes. Eventually as rosters grow it will be easier. My allaince almost finished so sayeth doom day 2 of AQ so with the nerf it will be relatively easy.

I just need to know when it will go live?
    Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?

Experience.
    I don’t have them so I’m not an expert, but I thought Elsa can purify one debuff at a time if she’s already has non-damaging debuff on her (once every ~3s)

Correct, but just clear the prompts. 45 seconds is a good bit of time. Bring a f4 and you only have to clear one every 45 seconds. If you can’t do that for one fight, yikes. Her and Nicks ability is a fail safe. If you’re looking to shut the modifier down completely just use f4.
    Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?

Experience.

Correct, but just clear the prompts. 45 seconds is a good bit of time. Bring a f4 and you only have to clear one every 45 seconds. If you can’t do that for one fight, yikes. Her and Nicks ability is a fail safe. If you’re looking to shut the modifier down completely just use f4.
    Yes, but cascading failure is even bigger problem because if you play slow to avoid multiple crits, void place his debuff on you. If you play fast, the modifier node place the debuffs on you.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Carmel1 said:

Bwest289 said:

Run477 said:

Who?

Experience.

Yes, but cascading failure is even bigger problem because if you play slow to avoid multiple crits, void place his debuff on you. If you play fast, the modifier node place the debuffs on you.
    So bring someone that gets rid of the debuffs....
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Will these changes go live next week?
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Power to Cower appears to be broken. I performed an s3 and the power gain was the same afterwards...
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre.

Is the reduced 25% potency to the debuffs are relevant also for Cascading Failure?

So, now u also punish F4 champs? This does nothing better for degen lanes or acid wash. Wtf, kabam?
    tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

I have one question, why are you running map6 with epic modifiers? No offense but those modifiers are probably not meant to be done with map6, they give you what an extra 2-3k t5b? I do not believe that these modifiers should be run any alliance that does not do map7, not worth your efforts imo.
    Because we run 766 x5 and with the honor points we can get 2x2% t5cc
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

I have one question, why are you running map6 with epic modifiers? No offense but those modifiers are probably not meant to be done with map6, they give you what an extra 2-3k t5b? I do not believe that these modifiers should be run any alliance that does not do map7, not worth your efforts imo.
    Unfortunately many Map 6 alliances may have to start running it. It's not worth it, but may have to do it to keep up ranks due to others doing it lol. It's one scenario that my alliance is facing.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

Unfortunately many Map 6 alliances may have to start running it. It's not worth it, but may have to do it to keep up ranks due to others doing it lol. It's one scenario that my alliance is facing.
    You could just run map 7 without the modifiers or the lower set of them

tafre said:

Carmel1 said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

You could just run map 7 without the modifiers or the lower set of them
    We don’t care about rank/milestones. Our prestige is not high enough to compete top45 alliances.
    Our rank is around ~90 and we are fine with that.
    The only reason we are thinking to run the Epic modifier is for the 2% t5cc from honor rewards.
    With how war looks it doesn’t seems we are going to get it from P4 so we need to find other ways to fight for these crumbs in order to stay “relevant” and don’t let the top 45 to increase the gap even more