**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are we allowed to use a PS4 controller to play mcoc

Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★
I was thinking about playing around with a ps4 controller on mcoc to see if it works, is this against the terms of service? I dont want to get into any trouble?

Comments

• Amir447Amir447 Posts: 314 ★★★

how would that even work

I've seen people do it on youtube but I dont know if it's against the rules so I'm scared to try
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I would think it's against tos, but you should confirm with support
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    But it’s connected via Bluetooth. PS4 controller itself is a Bluetooth compatibility while a phone itself have an Bluetooth compatibility so I don’t think it’s something called emulator and not even that close.
    I honestly have no idea I'm not gonna risk breaking any rules so I think I'll leave it
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

I am glad Kabam Miike cleared it by explaining in details. Otherwise, it's really getting annoying to see forum members screaming "emulator, so you'll be banned" without understanding what an emulator or the question being asked really are. You absolutely do NOT need an emulator to connect a PS4 and a variety of other controllers to Android or iOS. It's just not going to be a good experience for MCOC because the game is developed with touch input in mind. Otherwise, there is nothing in it that violates TOS or requires an emulator.

What is an emulator?

If you are using a supported Controller on an officially supported Device (since iOS and Android have both added support for Bluetooth controllers), you won't be punished. But, we do not support controllers ourselves, so we cannot guarantee a good experience with the controller, and won't be able to assist in any issues that may arise from the use of a controller.

If you plan on using a Controller on an Emulator, then that's a hard no, and you will be banned.

Thanks for clearing this up mike. Maybe support for controllers could be a cool thing to add to the long term road map. For now I wont risk it, thanks for the response 👌
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

I am glad Kabam Miike cleared it by explaining in details. Otherwise, it's really getting annoying to see forum members screaming "emulator, so you'll be banned" without understanding what an emulator or the question being asked really are. You absolutely do NOT need an emulator to connect a PS4 and a variety of other controllers to Android or iOS. It's just not going to be a good experience for MCOC because the game is developed with touch input in mind. Otherwise, there is nothing in it that violates TOS or requires an emulator.

What is an emulator?
    Emulators are generally used to play old video games on a PC when they don’t have a port to a current console. It can also be used with games to make them easier to mod.

In the context of Mcoc, people would play on a keyboard in order to have much better control over tricky mechanics (making quake relatively easy and so forth), as well as opening the door to create more modding than they can probably handle.

arsjum said:

What is an emulator?
    Emulators are generally used to play old video games on a PC when they don’t have a port to a current console. It can also be used with games to make them easier to mod.

In the context of Mcoc, people would play on a keyboard in order to have much better control over tricky mechanics (making quake relatively easy and so forth), as well as opening the door to create more modding than they can probably handle.
    Okay thanks
    Belfigor2 said:

arsjum said:

What is an emulator?
    it is what it is named.
    it emulate for example an android device, so it give you the option to play android games on your pc like it was a tablet/phone, but it is ofc much easier to cheat and too much for kabam to control so it is Insta ban if they find out.
    before it was a rule and illegal to use i sometimes used it as i could play game on my 65" tv via pc and yea i never had the lag i now always have on phone/tablets and it was much easier to use a and d to evade and block or holding space to block and e to heavy etc it was much easier as instead of holding on tablet to initiate heavy you just had to tap e extremely quickly to make a heavy and was so easy to spam heavy.
    Honestly i think some youtubers use emulators as i recognise some of the symptoms like if they que up commands to fast the champion might stand still and do mediums in place instead of going forward.
    I fully agree with it being a bannable offense to use emulators because even without using slow down/enemy inactive hack emulator give extreme advantage.

many years ago now, but as soon as kabam outlawed emulators officially was when i stopped using it, not worth losing account
    Oh, I see.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Just tried connecting my PS4 controller on my iphone. It connected but none of the buttons work, so it's pretty much useless. Hoping that can change in the future.
  • MBrotherMBrother Posts: 30

If you are using a supported Controller on an officially supported Device (since iOS and Android have both added support for Bluetooth controllers), you won't be punished. But, we do not support controllers ourselves, so we cannot guarantee a good experience with the controller, and won't be able to assist in any issues that may arise from the use of a controller.

If you plan on using a Controller on an Emulator, then that's a hard no, and you will be banned.

That’s a nice and insightful response thanks for clearing it out. Btw I tried PS4 controller but I doesn’t work on MCOC like other game such Call of Duty or Fortnite