**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Reasons to NEVER SELL CHAMPS....

Here is what you lose when you sell a champ...

1) The champ itself
2) A PHC, 3*, or 4* crystal depending on what you are selling and what you got that champ from
3) At least 1 dupe reward pack (shards, sig levels, iso, and gold)... this multiples by however many duplicate levels you had on the champ you have just sold
4) A max signature stone. Since it will take at least one more duping to achieve max signature ability that's another loss here. ***(if you choose to use signature stones to fill this gap, those would be your loss instead of the max sig crystal)

So now that you see all of this... is it worth it? Patience is a virtue

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Its more of a gamble some people got a 5* iceman after selling a 4* AM while some got IP

Not selling them pays out in the long term with max sig cryatals and better compensation
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited September 2017
    Its more of a gamble some people got a 5* iceman after selling a 4* AM while some got IP

Not selling them pays out in the long term with max sig cryatals and better compensation

Would you rather take that gamble or have 2 shots at that iceman over a longer period of time using the same materials? That's more or less the option. Your best bet on roster expansion is maxing out champs.. not selling them.

Go for features is an entirely different topic id love to dive in on.. it's not smart IMO and my 5* experience is cas in point on it.
  • I love have max sig champs. The reward for duping them is so much better. Never sell champs!
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    I know a guy who sold his 5* IP cos he hated him. Ironically he got him again and again.
  • Afrid wrote: »
    I know a guy who sold his 5* IP cos he hated him. Ironically he got him again and again.

Can't help rage quitting haha... im sure he knows it was a stupid thing to do though. Tell him ill take his IP for my 5* SG anytime he wants to trade.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I've sold 4* venom when he was the basic and doubled my 5* shards basically. Still had venom from arena but instead of sig 1 he was still unduped. So I wouldn't say never, but there is a way to sell them to farm shards if you put in the work.
  • Kpatrix wrote: »
    I've sold 4* venom when he was the basic and doubled my 5* shards basically. Still had venom from arena but instead of sig 1 he was still unduped. So I wouldn't say never, but there is a way to sell them to farm shards if you put in the work.

I didn't consider that.. but is it worth it? 10+ hours of grinding for a few 5* shards?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I sell a lot of low level 4* champs when they are basis in arena... example..

Iron man went for 2.1m the other week in arena, that's is less than 70 rounds - no where near 10 hours. Sell him for 425 shards, plus 300 shards. Still got champ and can then r3 again and repeat 2nd arena round - easy.

Will never rank him past 3/30 so makes no difference if he gets lvl99
  • I sold a Hulk before he became a besst. Cost me some sig stone.

Did you read the OP? It cost you a lot more than sig stones my friend. Do you feel it was worth it?
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited September 2017
    Monk1 wrote: »

Iron man went for 2.1m the other week in arena, that's is less than 70 rounds - no where near 10 hours. Sell him for 425 shards, plus 300 shards. Still got champ and can then r3 again and repeat 2nd arena round - easy.

Just curious A) did you rank him at all? (because you lost those materials if you did) B ) did you know you get more shards than that ranking in the 11-25% bracket and don't have to sweat out if you made the cut or not?
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    Afrid wrote: »

Can't help rage quitting haha... im sure he knows it was a stupid thing to do though. Tell him ill take his IP for my 5* SG anytime he wants to trade.

Actually he sold him twice after that.
  • Afrid wrote: »

*smacks forehead*

*smacks forehead*

In case if you are thinking that I'm making this up
    luxvd4auuwtu.jpg
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I sell most of my **** 4*... For 10x better 5*... Have gotten Iceman and Nebula by doing this and I repeat the process... Cause it's so easy to get those 4* back... People worried about maxed out signature stones for 4*. While I'm kicking your 4* with 5* iceman duped... lol
  • I sell most of my **** 4*... For 10x better 5*... Have gotten Iceman and Nebula by doing this and I repeat the process... Cause it's so easy to get those 4* back... People worried about maxed out signature stones for 4*. While I'm kicking your 4* with 5* iceman duped... lol

short term gains are long term losses
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Here is what you lose when you sell a champ...

1) The champ itself
    2) A PHC, 3*, or 4* crystal depending on what you are selling and what you got that champ from
    3) At least 1 dupe reward pack (shards, sig levels, iso, and gold)... this multiples by however many duplicate levels you had on the champ you have just sold
    4) A max signature stone. Since it will take at least one more duping to achieve max signature ability that's another loss here. ***(if you choose to use signature stones to fill this gap, those would be your loss instead of the max sig crystal)

So now that you see all of this... is it worth it? Patience is a virtue

The reason many sell is to get more 5* shards.
    1. People sell bad champs that they don't use, so selling it has no bearing on your playability.
    2. You don't "lose a Crystal", that's sunk cost and has no effect on the future.
    3. You don't lose the gold or ISO, and what you get from duping is negligible at best. I'll get to the shards and sig lvls at the end.
    4. Max sig stones are very helpful and are really nice for increasing 5* shards.

I don't sell 2* or 3* as the value provided is so low that it makes no difference to me personally, so I keep and max them. 4* are different though as they provide what many consider to be the most valuable resource in the game. Assuming you take a champ to 3/30 before selling, you get 425 shards and have sunk an alpha and some less valuable catalysts/ISO/gold. To earn more shards over time than selling at 3/30 every time, you would need to pull a 4* champ 16 times (0, 275 x 5, then 550 when counting max sig crystals).

I've played for nearly 2 years and have been tier 1 AW for quite a while now. The most I've gotten a 4* was 7 times (Ant-man). I would argue there's more value in selling 4* champs (when the roster gets large enough to sustain it) than in keeping them forever for non paying players. Personally, I sell unduped or lvl 20 "bad" champs if I want another chance at a feature 5*. Not trying to convince people to sell, just saying there's another way to skin the cat.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I sold 23 rank 3/30 4* for 2 shots at Yondus feature.
    I got SL and storm, I was happy with my choice but not so happy with the storm
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Monk1 wrote: »

Just curious A) did you rank him at all? (because you lost those materials if you did) B ) did you know you get more shards than that ranking in the 11-25% bracket and don't have to sweat out if you made the cut or not?

Yes, I would rank straight back to 3/30 before selling again. These resources are so easy to get it matters not and I don't see star 425 shards as eating them.

Also you get 100 more 5* shards for rank above, yes you lose 400 4* shards but they are not really important.

As I said before, this is only for champs such as OML (basic today) he is just arena fodder, I've sold him 4 times before and he is now back at lvl 60, and will sel again if decide to not run feature arena later
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I don't understand why selling champs was even an option in the first place. The whole point of the game, one with a major character called 'The Collector', is to amass a collection of champion.

(This is not I don't understand why some people try to game the system by selling and re-acquiring the same champ. Just I don't know why Kabam even allowed it to be a thing. Or doesn't just remove it as an option, just like no more selling T4CC and such.)
  • I sold my 3* 4/40 Carnage.

Prior to selling:

I used a cosmic awakening gem and 5 sig stones to see if he'll improve.

What I lost:
    3* Cosmic awakening gem(easy to get from solo crystals)
    5 signature sones(again easy to replace)
    That garbage of a champ carnage.

What I gain:
    1 tier 3 basic ISO
    14 tier 5 cosmic ISO
    1800 in gold
    Lowered my rating a little bit

Why did I sell him?
    1. Because he's trash
    2. I'll get him again from the login crystal this month.

There's my reason for selling a champ for the first time. I'm sure I'll sell 4* champs in the future if I have enough good champs in my roster.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I sell 3 star Luke Cage out of rage everytime I pull him. But that's all I sell. I just hate that champ, and I have the 4 star already for "diversity", Lol
  • I had a 500k ip account, and I sold everything, all my heros. I'm glad to have sold everything, park-against I still have all my catalysts full class and all colors. since I sold all my heroes, I can finally have a good time and enjoy the good time
    darkvador wrote: »
    I had a 500k ip account, and I sold everything, all my heros. I'm glad to have sold everything, park-against I still have all my catalysts full class and all colors. since I sold all my heroes, I can finally have a good time and enjoy the good time

6gxg3gc0pge1.jpg
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Yes. It is worth selling champions.
    Always sell a few 2*s and 3*s. They are useful for getting rank Rewards in events. They are cheap and easy points to rank.
    The NEVER sell people will have to sell expiring gems, stones, and ISO instead of getting Units, pots, 4* stones, crystals, etc... Helps with item use events.
    I Rather get rewards than keep useless champs for an extra 25 shard and more rotting ISO.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It always up to people whether they sell or not, but I suggest they don't sell. It's counterproductive overall. You get more long-term if you don't.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Sold 10 4* champs to have the 4th go at 5* iceman (after going through labyrinth and getting a collossus) and I actually got iceman. Slapped an awakening gem on him and got him to r4.

don't even regret selling those 4* a little bit
    It's not counter-productive, I explained why above. Unless a player spends, they will never pull a single 4* champ 16 times. It's a choice, not a long-term detriment.