**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Prioritize 6r2 or 5r5?

At what point do people focus on ranking 6r2 over 5r5? I have 0x 6r2, 8x 5r5, and 17x 5r4. (No t5c so not close to a 6r3.) I have three I could 6r2 (Captain Marvel Movie, Corvus, Doom) and a bunch I could 5r5 (maybe Iceman, She-Hulk, Thing, Captain Marvel Movie).

I'm Cavalier but haven't done anything further in Act 6.
100% Variant 4. Explored Ch 1 & 2 of Variant 2 & 3.
Not planning on doing LOL or AOL anytime soon.
Map 4 AQ, Silver 1 AW.
So, mostly waiting for Act 6 revamp, Cavalier EQ, and finishing up Variants.

Thanks.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    i would go with doom
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    probably once you have enough five stars to cover all of your current needs and your six stars are better than your nom maxed five stars
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If you have good options for a 6* rankup, like, top 10 champs in the game, there is no sense in not going with a 6*. Your suggested 5* aren’t that great comparatively.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I have 14 6*s none I want to take to r2 but what I'd look for is something that's missing from my roster utility wise and doesn't need awakening. I currently have 9 R5's with resources for 4 more but apart from torch there's no one I currently want to rank up (no science t4cc) so I'm currently stuck with t2a/t1a in overflow and nothing to do with them
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    When I get champions like Warlock,Claire,Doom, Guillotine 2099,Domino all those 6* that doesn't need to be dupe I will rank them over 5*. Ghost is good,Aegon is good,Omega Red is good,Colossus is good. But again the fact is I personally believe 5* awaken version of ghost can do more than 6* unawakened ghost. Same goes for Aegon,omega, colossus type of champions.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    @AwesomoChaos Some may disagree with me, but I personally think you need to maintain a focus on 5* R5 champs until you've fully explored Act 6.2.

There are lanes there where you need a minimum number of 5* champs of a specific class (not 5* or above... the gates are specifically 5*, and as high as 4 of a specific class to pass).

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you should take a 5* CAIW to r5 instead of taking a 6* CAIW to r2...that would be foolish.

But if you have great champs that are viable in a ton of content as a 5*, but not as a 6*, I would personally consider taking that champ to 5/65 if you haven't fully explored Act 6.2.

It could certainly bite you down the line by pulling that newly ranked 5/65 as a 6* (Nick Fury, Doctor Doom, CAIW, Omega Red, and Domino just to name a few that have happened to me), but those those 6* champs are still useless in Act 6.2 if you don't have the requisite number of 5* champs to open the gates.

So to recap, in my humble opinion, I would still maintain a focus on getting at least four 5* champs to at least 4/55 (they may handle Act 6 once it's toned down). All that could obviously change if they do away with those gates when it's revamped, but I don't recall them mentioning that.

Further to my point, unless you whale out on every t5cc offer that comes out, you could still be a year or two away from having the resources to r3 a 6* champ, and I think most would agree that the difference between a 5* 5/65 and a 6* 2/35 isn't that significant, so it's not like you'd be wasting those resources for one single piece of content.

5* 5/65 will still be relevant to most of us for quite some time.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    As Cap really benefits from max sig, 5 star version is better unless you have resources to rank 3 him.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I would R3 Doom Corvus and CMM over any 5* R5
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian

At what point do people focus on ranking 6r2 over 5r5?

For me, in a certain sense, never. Every time I rank something up, I try to rank up the thing that will be most useful to me factoring in both the short term and the long term. If that's a 6* champ I rank that one up, if it is a 5* champ I rank that one up.

In the long run 6* champs will have more lifespan, but that day could be very far off in the distance for many players. 6* champs are harder to awaken and harder to sig up. So 6* champions that don't need to be awakened tend to be strong candidates for rank up over 5* alternatives. Also, 6* champs that need to be awakened but don't need to high sig become strong candidates if you get lucky and awaken them naturally.

This is all situational, and for most players that is as it should be. You should think carefully about your alternatives and choose the best one, and not follow general rules that may not be applicable to you.

Also, I would probably R2 Doom.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    Thanks all for the insight and advice. I've been hesitant to 6r2 because of the additional t5b cost. (IIRC Brian Grant waited a long time to do his first 6* rankup for that reason.) With the marginal difference in strength between 6r2 & 5r5 and the easier time in awakening 5*, I've been leaning towards creating more rank 5's to cover more situations but I guess I should still 6r2 the "no-brainers."

What about someone like CMM? I have an unawakened 6* and awakened 5* (20 sig)? Awakening will give her Indestructible which seems pretty important but should I just focus on the 6* anyway? Or rank both?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I took my 6* rulk, sentinel to r2 before I got any r5 5* like a year ago or maybe more. I have 5 r5 at t moment, 3 with variant gems, 2 with cats are aegon for aol and hype, just because he's awesome.
    Ranking a 5* feels like a waste of resources for me, unless I need or want some specific 5*. But I never pull those I want the most