**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's speak of the new war season rewards & matchmaking.

From this above, to that in gold 1:

Does everyone find it fair? Will we be dropping more leagues in the near future or everything 'should' be fixed soon? Sure, same t2a and slightly more t5cc but where exactly is the hype with those shards lol...
Be honest everyone 😎

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Yep
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    And what was your alliance ratings / prestige?

• Ancient_00Ancient_00 Posts: 11
    xNig said:

We used to fight in t3 wars with 21m alliance rating, I know this was made for us to find the league that we belong in but 'buffing up the rewards' was a plan failed tbh. They only thought of the bigger leagues. Imagine hearing of a reward buff and you get too excited but oh wait, you're in gold 1 now and your rewards got worse, that's all what I'm pointing at rn lol
    edited July 2020

xNig said:

We used to fight in t3 wars with 21m alliance rating, I know this was made for us to find the league that we belong in but 'buffing up the rewards' was a plan failed tbh. They only thought of the bigger leagues. Imagine hearing of a reward buff and you get too excited but oh wait, you're in gold 1 now and your rewards got worse, that's all what I'm pointing at rn lol
    No one’s rewards got worse. You’ve not earned them so they’re not yours to claim. Also, if you’re playing Tier 3 wars with 21m rating, you’re almost definitely in the wrong tier.

I would say that if your guys think y’ll belong in Tier 3 Plat 3, a lot of your guys are delusional.

Realistically, a 21m alliance will belong at roughly Gold 2/3 if you maintain a rough 50% win rate at the correct tier.

My 34m 10k prestige sister alliance has been Plat 4 for many seasons unable to move up and we will likely pull off a decisive win against your alliance. How is it fair that your alliance is taking in better rewards than mine?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    My 30m alliance has been stuck in silver 1, 4 wars in we are back to gold 1 where we were for most of the first 10 seasons of war, I also suspect we probably would beat your alliance in head to head, so I’m finding this system VERY fair.
    For every alliance elevated by the system that protected them from open competition, another/others had to be disadvantaged,
    xNig said:

xNig said:

No one’s rewards got worse. You’ve not earned them so they’re not yours to claim. Also, if you’re playing Tier 3 wars with 21m rating, you’re almost definitely in the wrong tier.

I would say that if your guys think y’ll belong in Tier 3 Plat 3, a lot of your guys are delusional.

Realistically, a 21m alliance will belong at roughly Gold 2/3 if you maintain a rough 50% win rate at the correct tier.

My 34m 10k prestige sister alliance has been Plat 4 for many seasons unable to move up and we will likely pull off a decisive win against your alliance. How is it fair that your alliance is taking in better rewards than mine?
    I mean I agree with you and all but we're talking about the rewards, it's not about where we belong because that's something good that they did. Why would a player with 700k - 1m overall rating have to do this for a full month and hardly get 2,000 6* shards and hardly a fully formed 5*? Such players can simply stop doing wars seriously and chill in monthly events, and even use our glory to buy t5 basic or t2a. 🤷‍♂️
    So is that a way to solve this problem? Hell nah, people are still not motivated enough to do wars, only you guys with high prestige are.

Sure, Kabam you did a great job with this matchmaking update but the rewards are a joke, for low leagues still.
    edited July 2020

xNig said:

xNig said:

I mean I agree with you and all but we're talking about the rewards, it's not about where we belong because that's something good that they did. Why would a player with 700k - 1m overall rating have to do this for a full month and hardly get 2,000 6* shards and hardly a fully formed 5*? Such players can simply stop doing wars seriously and chill in monthly events, and even use our glory to buy t5 basic or t2a. 🤷‍♂️
    So is that a way to solve this problem? Hell nah, people are still not motivated enough to do wars, only you guys with high prestige are.

Sure, Kabam you did a great job with this matchmaking update but the rewards are a joke, for low leagues still.
    That’s because lower leagues are spoilt by the war rewards that are inappropriate for their progression level and they have been getting, bypassing the supposed progression route. If they rank at a certain level, the rewards are usually suitable for them at that progression stage.

If they want to join the big leagues, they’ll need to go clear content and advance their rosters until it’s comparable to some of those in the big leagues. They’ll also need to hone their skills because the big leagues are a totally different ball game.

Also, if a player has 700k to 1m rating but is ranking below gold, there’s most likely an issue with his skills and not his roster.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

That’s because lower leagues are spoilt by the war rewards that are inappropriate for their progression level and they have been getting, bypassing the supposed progression route. If they rank at a certain level, the rewards are usually suitable for them at that progression stage.

If they want to join the big leagues, they’ll need to go clear content and advance their rosters until it’s comparable to some of those in the big leagues. They’ll also need to hone their skills because the big leagues are a totally different ball game.

Also, if a player has 700k to 1m rating but is ranking below gold, there’s most likely an issue with his skills and not his roster.
    Bro we were in p3 with those players and now we're matching with alliances that have double of our rating and they're pushing us down 😂🙄🙄 so our spot in gold isn't because we're bad, it's for the reason I said above. We all know how the matchmaking is happening right now

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Bro we were in p3 with those players and now we're matching with alliances that have double of our rating and they're pushing us down 😂🙄🙄 so our spot in gold isn't because we're bad, it's for the reason I said above. We all know how the matchmaking is happening right now
    And you’re P3 last season with what rating and prestige?

My sister alliance is 34m and 9.95k prestige, stuck in Tier 4 Plat 4.
    I strongly agree with you on strong alliances being trapped in lower leagues, you guys finally got what you deserve and that's great.

So about my alliance, we fought in t3 wars in plat 3 and our total rating was 21m... Seems fair that we got kicked outta there and the pressure was actually reduced from us, but my only concerns are about the rewards. We're just disappointed because you know for an alliance like us, the old p3 rewards (speaking of hero shards) were very fair and that's what made us continue with spending our glory on potions for wars, for the rewards.

As for now: having 1k or 2k 6* shards with hardly a basic or a featured 5* isn't what we look to achieve for a full month of work.
    So basically this makes us want to stop doing wars and focus more on AQ.
    Surely you'll say: Yeah go ahead and do it if that's the case. But, wasn't Kabam's target in this update to get all of us to play and enjoy wars? It was, and honestly we don't enjoy our wars anymore lol, not only me, not only my alliance, but check out all those youtubers sharing out the community's thoughts and Kabam not listening to them. It's all about the rewards, nothing more & nothing less. I mean these rewards are worth of a month of work, do you think they're enough? Especially that we use our glory points just to buy heal potions and revives.
    I hope that sums up my point in all what we've talked about above